Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Thebombdotcom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

POL Error 4001 [PLEASE] POL Error 2050

I'm experiencing a POL ERROR 4001 exactly every 30 minutes after logging onto Asura server for the entire month of September. The message along with the error notifies me that there is No response from the Final Fantasy XI server and that my connection has timed out. Along with the Error code: 2050 telling me i have no response from the server and that I should check my network connections ect.

I had the Techs from my Internet Provider over today to see if they could figure out if the issue is on my end but there seems to be no issue on my end. I've run internet speed tests as well while my character begins to red dot averaging about 245 downloading and 45 uploading so I am fairly sure that the problem is not my internet at this point. I did notice that SE had mentioned something about DDoS attacks around the 4th and am curious if they think the problems I am experiencing are a result of those.

Someone on the FFXIAH.com forums mentioned that he had been experiencing the same issues although less frequent than my every 30 minutes issue. This person mentioned that after he had turned off his routers firewall that it stopped for him..
    My windows firewall is already turned off so I can play 11, am I expected to turn everything off so that I can play the game as I normally have in the past?

I haven't been able to do anything with my linkshell because of this issue and I can't even do solo Salvages because at the 30 minute mark I dc and when I log back in I am jettisoned from the battlefield.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I read someone having a similar issue, and resolved it by resetting their TCP/IP stack.
    (0)

Character
    Thebombdotcom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I read someone having a similar issue, and resolved it by resetting their TCP/IP stack.
    appears not to be the case. or the only case. I tried by your suggestion and this time I did dc differently though. Instead of my character getting Red Balled for a solid minute before my R/S started falling. This time no Red Ball at all as the R/S started to fall. Same POL Error 4001 -_-
    I haven't been able to play for a solid 2 months that I paid for while not active and I can't even play my beautiful well geared character that I worked so hard and long to get to near perfect. I am so sad.
    (0)

Character
    Thebombdotcom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Now POL Error: 4002 / Pol Error: 2015??

All of these Errors when I dc say the same thing D: I have timed out for the first error and for the second it says my network issues but I hhave internet even as I start to DC. Still wondering if disabling my modem's firewall will actually stop this but then if I do that then that leaves my entire network vulnerable doesn't it? I plan to play for several hours during the game.. This has always been my go to game.

I got a brand new PC July before last and played 11 almost a full year on it so far, when I moved the only thing different than what it was several months ago when it worked is that my internet provider changed. But the guys at Mediacom have been out here twice to check from the street to my modem inside and they tell me there's nothing wrong with the internet here.

I've reset and renewed by IP so far just really want to get this resolved I appreciate the assist!
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I had that problem once before: I would log on and about 1/2hr into playing my character got the "red dot of doom" to appear and i d'ced and COULD log back in, after i reset modem and computer, but would happen again faster. Had the Comcast people out here and on the telephone poles and checking everything. Final discovery: birds or squirrels had been using the wire from my house to the pole so much that their nails and claws had punctured the wire and then any amount of air or moisture compromised the signal being received after wire heated up enough to open the claw rips/punctures on the wire. They replaced the wire from my house to the pole; added some sort of thing to the coating to deter them from walking along it; problem hasn't happened since. See if that might be it?
    (0)

Character
    Thebombdotcom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

4 months paid No months played where do I get my refund????

Just wanted to report that this PROBLEM is ongoing. It has been nearly two months, one month since I posted looking for help, and still no fix or resolution. Does anyone at Square Enix care or am I just SOL? Ive tried disabling my firewall, reset my TCP/IP stack, Ive had my internet provider's tech people come out 2x to look at everything from the street to the inside and I still am disconnecting every 30 minutes like clockwork. I notice that there are new threads everyday made by multiple people having the same issue. Am I just to assume that because this game isn't getting any new content that they have stopped resolving technical issues from here on out as well? I've been paying my subscription fees since July and have not been able to play a single day without constant interuption since JULY, going on 4 months now guys. Pardon me but WTF is going on please, help
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebombdotcom View Post
    Just wanted to report that this PROBLEM is ongoing. It has been nearly two months, one month since I posted looking for help, and still no fix or resolution. Does anyone at Square Enix care or am I just SOL? Ive tried disabling my firewall, reset my TCP/IP stack, Ive had my internet provider's tech people come out 2x to look at everything from the street to the inside and I still am disconnecting every 30 minutes like clockwork. I notice that there are new threads everyday made by multiple people having the same issue. Am I just to assume that because this game isn't getting any new content that they have stopped resolving technical issues from here on out as well? I've been paying my subscription fees since July and have not been able to play a single day without constant interuption since JULY, going on 4 months now guys. Pardon me but WTF is going on please, help
    Are you able to try and alternative connection, maybe a tether through a phone or something? That way you can ultimately eliminate any ISP issues.

The other thing I would suggest is to use the Tech support template, as those that don't usually get overlooked.
    (1)

Character
    Thebombdotcom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Official Tech support template I believe Please help me!

Example:
    Thread Title: Connection to game server times out every 30 minutes.
    Error Code: FFXI-4001. No response from Final Fantasy XI server. Connection
    timed out.

Details:
    I've been experiencing these time outs every time I log into the game since the beginning of July, 2018. I am able to connect to the server but time out without fail every 30 minutes after logging in, every time without fail. I usually try to log right back in but the same thing occurs no matter what I do every 30 minutes. I've had my ISP come to the house and check the lines to and from the house, as well as the inside connection. I've tried to reset my TCP/IP stack with no resolve yet either.

Steps:
    Experiencing a consistent connection time out every 30 minutes after logging into the game.
    ==============================
    FFXI-4001
    No response from server.
    Connection timed out.
    Press OK to shut down.
    ==============================
    Given 20+ tries but the result was the same.
    After restarting both cable modem and router, made another attempt to log back in to the game but the result was the same.
    Date & Time: July through November (present)
    Frequency: Always
    Platform: PC
    PC Manufacturer & Model Number: CybertronPC Intel(R)Core(TM) i7-770
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    ISP: Mediacom
    Type of Internet Connection: 200mb Cable Internet
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Just to try an additional help, in case it has somehow affected your PC:
    In the Menu Configurations there is a timer that shuts down your game after 30 minutes of inactivity/input UNLESS you have turned that off. Is that turned back on somehow, or affecting your playtime? Because if it is and you go AFK bazaaring or just chatting, it will d/c off your character. Exactly at 30 minutes. I know it's weird and you may have turned it off or are not afk, but couldn't hurt to check.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    In the Menu Configurations there is a timer that shuts down your game after 30 minutes of inactivity/input UNLESS you have turned that off.
    Worth suggesting but I doubt that is the case, as it wouldn't produce a 4001 error which is normally caused by a connection issue.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast