Thread: Come on SE?!

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Come on SE?!

The player base found Aeonics to be disappointing because you slapped the same stats on EVERY WEAPON.

Now augmented mythics ...are the same bland Acc/M.Acc/WSD+X% augments! You're not putting any thought into these augments.

Mythics should ENHANCE ABILITIES OF THE JOB. I came up with this list in just a few minutes. You could have varied the stats on the mythic augments ...but you augment the jobs on ...crafted dynamis weapons??? You could have:

1.) Give SCH an extra stratagem
    2.) Give BST ready distance + 5-10 yalms
    3.) Give RDM a unique "Honor March"-like combination debuff
    4.) Give WHM the ability to Reflect a status ailment onto the monster.
    5.) Give MNK ...a break! You broke it!
    6.) Give SMN Avatar: Level +1 (something mediocre).
    7.) Give DNC a new defensive step or offensive flourish!
    8.) Give DRK a unique Absorb spell.
    9.) Give RNG mythic a chance to beat Fomahault.
    10.) Give BLM a better reason to make their mythic. (Damage too close to non-REMA, or perhaps an Ultima spell).
    11.) Give BLU any ultimate Final Fantasy spell.
    12.) Give WAR a Warcry II ability, call it "Rallying Cry" with the mythic.
    13.) SAM's mythic should beat out all other Great Katanas.
    14.) Give THF mythic a base TH+1 boost, so that you start at a higher TH than other THFs.
    15.) Give DRG's wyvern augmentable breath attacks and a better Call Wyvern recast.
    16.) Give PUP automaton moderate AOE enmity ability.
    17.) Give PLD Atonement a chance to be competitive or Give Shield Bash WS properties!
    18.) Give RUN ...Acc/M.Acc+30...seriously, it's just fine.
    19.) Give COR ...R.Acc/M.Acc+30 ...another job that's just fine. (Extra roll would be asking too much).
    20.) Give GEO ...new -ra spell.
    21.) Give BRD ...the ability to add 3/4 songs with out the need for a dummy song.
    22.) Give NIN ...a fighting chance.

I'm not even going start with Ochain/Daurdable. ...but, come on, SE!

(4)

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Adding more abilities and spells is out of the question already. They have been adding new stats for gear tho.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Justuas View Post
    Adding more abilities and spells is out of the question already. They have been adding new stats for gear tho.
    I agree with what you're saying and I believe you, but are you alittle disappointed of hearing "PS2 Limitations" for 14 years ....only to just be stuck? Fine. I get it. Developer resources are scarce. ....Then:

Why not add job-changing stats to Mythic weapons?
    Why put the same stat augment for every job on a given weapon-type?

This REMA upgrade is the the same thing with Aeonics, all over again. I don't even feel compelled to upgrade any of my REMA weapons, because the augments are so marginal. Some people call already do 99K Weaponskills and 99k light/dark/radiance/umbral skillchains ....so what is the point of another WSD+15% across all jobs. (I do think some mythic WSes definitely need more than 15%).
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Looking back on the year of job adjustments. I think this deserves a numpity bump bump bump.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Give NIN ...a fighting chance.
    This was the best part, tbh. lol

Hell. I began my relic staff long before mythics were even a thing. And I'll take that easily over the aeonic. (May not hold a candle to nirvana, but it is still damn useful in its own right if you build for it- unlimited MP is delicious. And GoT is pretty much the best staff WS if you have it)
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    The player base found Aeonics to be disappointing because you slapped the same stats on EVERY WEAPON.

Now augmented mythics ...are the same bland Acc/M.Acc/WSD+X% augments! You're not putting any thought into these augments.

Mythics should ENHANCE ABILITIES OF THE JOB. I came up with this list in just a few minutes. You could have varied the stats on the mythic augments ...but you augment the jobs on ...crafted dynamis weapons??? You could have:

1.) Give SCH an extra stratagem
    2.) Give BST more buffing ready abilities, get rid of Beast Affinity for 2100 JP Master and return Reward distance to > 7 yalms
    3.) Give RDM a unique "Honor March"-like combination debuff
    4.) Give WHM the ability to Reflect a status ailment onto the monster or a unique way to remove Amnesia.
    5.) Give MNK equal modifiers for BOTH HANDS
    6.) Give SMN Avatar: Level +1 (something mediocre).
    7.) Give DNC a new defensive step or offensive flourish!
    8.) Give DRK a unique and arguable useful Absorb spell.
    9.) Give RNG mythic a chance to beat Fomahault.
    10.) Give BLM a better reason to make their mythic. (Damage too close to non-REMA, or perhaps an Ultima spell. BLU AOE should not beat BLM AOE but it does).
    11.) Give BLU any ultimate Final Fantasy spell or a way to increase blue-magic duration.
    12.) Give WAR a Warcry II ability, call it "Rallying Cry" with the mythic.
    13.) SAM's mythic should beat out all other Great Katanas.
    14.) Give THF mythic a base TH+1 boost, so that you start at a higher TH than other THFs or increased TH-proc rate with SATA.
    15.) Give DRG's wyvern augmentable breath attacks and a better Call Wyvern recast.
    16.) Give PUP automaton moderate AOE enmity ability.
    17.) Give PLD Atonement a chance to be competitive or Give Shield Bash WS properties!
    18.) Give RUN ...Acc/M.Acc+30...seriously, it's just fine.
    19.) Give COR ...R.Acc/M.Acc+30 ...another job that's just fine. (Extra roll would be asking too much).
    20.) Give GEO ...new -ra spell.
    21.) Give BRD ...the ability to add 3/4 songs with out the need for a dummy song.
    22.) Give NIN ...a fighting chance.

I'm not even going start with Ochain/Daurdable. ...but, come on, SE!

I saw this thread was very popular on the JP Forum today, which asks for REMA Weapon updates and more, purposeful differentiation between REMA weapons within the same job:

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...l=1#post629291

Thank you for your time.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    The reason is because they intend to upgrade these weapons further. It's pretty much the lifeblood of this game atm.
    (0)

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    How about giving red mage fighting chance it's to the point in the higher levels where a red mage can get hate but can't survive it I mean if it's going to have tank abilities at least have it survive
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    The reason is because they intend to upgrade these weapons further. It's pretty much the lifeblood of this game atm.
    Yes. Thank you for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by elqplau View Post
    How about giving red mage fighting chance it's to the point in the higher levels where a red mage can get hate but can't survive it I mean if it's going to have tank abilities at least have it survive
    I play RDM religiously and think it is remarkably versatile and resilient. I think there's a video of someone soloing a Wave 2 boss as RDM. Anyway, this all probably plays into SE's updates to Shield Skill and non-REMA shields recently.
    (1)