Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    This is me genuinely liking the RDM sword and looking forward to the possibilities that it may be able to open for those RDM friends of mine. :3
    Then you genuinely aren't understanding RDM itemization. You're looking at what RDM gets instead of what they don't get and what they need/want. Oh shit my BLM, GEO, and BLU would love that! True. They would. Because they arent swimming in FC options and they don't lack potency on any of their job functions. RDM has to gear super hard to keep up with the other mages potency. That sword need melee stats, enfeebling magic effect, or magic damage for nuking otherwise it's not getting any use by any RDM that is actually trying to play RDM optimally.

Blue skill on your sword would at least be worth talking about during your SP uses. BLM staff might be the go to for mana wall sets because it has 310 magic damage to start with and converts damage to MP before augments, the cor knife is nice, but if you have to main hand it for effect then you lose savage blade access. GEO +3 refresh isn't stellar compared to idris but i would still take it over 20% fc since refresh benefits you all the time and fc benefits you for a fraction of a second. Thf is bad and bst is okish but not really optimal unless you are worried about macc for debuffs, but im not sure you'd even need it for that unless solo.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    By your same logic, you must be excited to dual wield 2 of the new thf daggers because TH is your job trait, it gives a bunch of it, and it would be super great itemization to OVERcap TH by using both your weapon slots. You don't want an aeonic and a twashtar, you want to drop a bunch of gil on 2 of these daggers that you can't use until master. Sounds like something amazing to look forward to for the pinnacle of being a THF, right?

Neither one of us would think that. You can easily square away your TH cap by using 2 equip pieces when you are actively THing. You wouldn't try to argue for using 2x of these so you could sit in a DT set. But that's what you're arguing here.

Your TH dagger should increase the equipment cap so that you start at atleast TH 11 so they are worth talking about. So they have some obvious value you can't get anywhere else. That's what most of these weapons have on them, but then there are a couple that just don't have anything good on them at all other than new higher ilvl equivalent stats.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    By your same logic, you must be excited to dual wield 2 of the new thf daggers because TH is your job trait, it gives a bunch of it, and it would be super great itemization to OVERcap TH by using both your weapon slots. You don't want an aeonic and a twashtar, you want to drop a bunch of gil on 2 of these daggers that you can't use until master. Sounds like something amazing to look forward to for the pinnacle of being a THF, right?

Neither one of us would think that. You can easily square away your TH cap by using 2 equip pieces when you are actively THing. You wouldn't try to argue for using 2x of these so you could sit in a DT set. But that's what you're arguing here.

Your TH dagger should increase the equipment cap so that you start at atleast TH 11 so they are worth talking about. So they have some obvious value you can't get anywhere else. That's what most of these weapons have on them, but then there are a couple that just don't have anything good on them at all other than new higher ilvl equivalent stats.
    Depending on the augments, it very well may be worthwhile DW'ing 2x Gandrings, so... >_>;; It actually might be rather nice being hard-capped on TH with nothing but weapons and relic+3 hands, hopefully without giving up that much DD potential... As is, you need a minimum of 4 pieces of TH gear (Empyrean 119 feet+1, relic 119 hands+3, Chaac Belt and Herculean head/body/legs with TH+2 from DM augments would be the bare minimum number of slots filled) to hit the true cap and maximize proc rate. But like nearly all of these things, whether it will be worthwhile to give up AM from real RMEA will depend on just how good the incoming augments are, and to justify the change in THF's case would likely require paths that would make you think the devs have finally gone insane.

[i]Also, I rather doubt that the melee oriented paths for THF are going to be enough to overcome the benefits of at least MH Aeneas. My interest in Gandring for my own (mastered w/ aeonic) THF is primarily for the rather niche case of ranged attacking as THF.[i]

I suggest you look again at the list of these weapons and think harder about how useful the "special" stats are on the vast majority of them.. Even in the cases where they offer something unique, they aren't enough to switch from a RMEA atm, and mostly just look/sound cool at first glance but are iffy after you actually think about it. I'm personally expecting this perspective to do a 180' once the augs are out, but then we'll all probably be mostly ignoring the special stats for most of the weapons.. RDM got something that has potential to be not-ignored, and could quite easily have been something much, much worse. Would you be happier if Crocea had "Healing Magic skill +20"? <_<

Just be happy you are not a COR. There's a rather high possibility of "requiring" 2-8 of theirs, depending on how the paths work out... $_$
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    If i were the main healer in the game, sure. But since my primary magics are enfeebling and enhancing, would i be happy with either of those +20? Yeah, i probably would be, especially if i could dual wield them for very expensive bumps to temper 2 or extreme magic accuracy for frazzle/distract. Maxxing out is maxxing out even if it's expensive for qualitative magic skills like enfeebling and enhancing.

Notice the lack of ranged accuracy on the RDM swords vs the ranged accuracy on the brd and dnc weapons. I can use an exhalted bow to get fusion from a bow ws and self proc innundation, but I'd need a extremely unattractive set to put together to be able to hit with it on anything worthwhile because my bow skill is crappy so i have to make it up with gear, like everything on RDM. To date i only have the volte head and hands from bastok, though i could purchase raetic bangles +1 to do better. Not too much of a point until you get at least the legs and hopefully the body off wave 2 boss. Brd and Dnc have almost nothing of use for ranged since it doesn't matter if you hit or not when you're pulling.

I'm pretty sure COR was confirmed the extra effect doesn't work in the offhand, but if you are talking about taking it purely as a stat stick, then my RNG doesn't care how expensive the option is, it would take the option.

I agree that the special stats on 2h weapons that aren't staves don't sound appealing because it will always come down to damage for 2H DDs. Altana help us all of they make these better than 2h DD REMA. For jobs that can dual wield them or even single wield in the case of the pld sword, there is some potential for itemization because of the accuracy, but it really depends on how useful the additional stats are compared to a real REMA. I assume that REMA and these weapons will get the exact same upgrade paths. That's where I'm waiting to be disappointed in this sword. The sword might be worth using, but the 20% FC really means nothing to me which means i got gipped again on RDM.

For the staves, i think there is the largest potential for workable pieces because honestly REMA staves that aren't Nirvana are pretty lackluster. That SCH staff in particular has me looking very hard at it at least as a swap piece and the BLM staff will probably be worth testing in a mana wall set.
    (0)

Player
    It was confirmed by more reliable sources (with screenshot evidence,) after the initial unsupported report, that everything on it does work in offhand.

There is also absolutely nothing so far that indicates that augment paths will be uniform across weapons, and it's just as likely right now that each weapon will get unique paths.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It was confirmed by more reliable sources (with screenshot evidence,) after the initial unsupported report, that everything on it does work in offhand.
    As in the stats or even the additional affects like the dt on the cor and brd knives?

There is also absolutely nothing so far that indicates that augment paths will be uniform across weapons, and it's just as likely right now that each weapon will get unique paths.
    With SE running a reduced dev team they are going take the time to attempt to balance ALL REMA with multiple paths instead of copy paste paths A, B, and C by weapon category, and then maybe throw in a D path to that might possibly address the job at all? You really think that after they got quiet and disclaimed that they may have said things they shouldn't have during the freshly picked?

I apologize if you find my skepticism grating but your enthusiastic blind hope is also hard to deal with from my perspective. It's very hard to hear, that I've just got to wait to see how that 20% FC is going to suddenly brighten my day somehow with mystery augments when it's clearly bad and an indication that the dev team still doesn't have clue how to give RDM anything they want. I acknowledge that I am looking at their past work for prediction of their future work, but their track record is pretty easy to read on most jobs but it's particularly clear on RDM if you play it.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I have to agree, Fast Cast is one of the worst things they could have chosen. It's trivial to cap at no JP, let alone at master.

Just having AF head +3 (16%) and Relic body +3 (15%) brings you to 69%. Leaving 11 more slots that are not weapon based to cap. Quick Magic cap using 4 more if wanted. Not a fan of the choice made personally.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Lol only 3 paths. 1 for follow up attack and subtle blow. 1 for double damage and store tp. And 1 for the weapon type. Let's hope that they at least make the 3rd path different for each of the sword jobs....or not if they continue to give rdm generic crap they dont need and give blu and pld things they would actually want.

This was so hard to predict.......
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Just change the fast cast to quick magic II so we can get something job specific to go with our JP category the reduces the cost of quick casted spell. Then for the path that is unique to the rdm sword, add a large damage modifier for quick casted nukes or accuracy for enfeebles. RDM POWAH!

This stuff isn't that hard to figure out. We want stuff that isn't redundant garbage and that enhances our job specific strengths. Just like any other job....
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2