So, I was talking with an ls member yesterday about RDM. He's a recent returnee who used to love RDM, but is struggling to find any reason for groups to take RDM over anyone else nowadays. RDM just doesn't seem to have any unique niche that demands a RDM in a group slot. Came up with a few adjustments and additions that might be able to create one.

* Temper needs to be changed to party-targetable. This would help raise RDM players' worth over that of RDM Trusts for smaller group content, and potentially push it up high enough to be desirable for alliance content in at least the melee party.

* Add a job trait which reduces the rate that targets build resistance to debuffs, starting at lv50+. One of RDM's core themes since the beginning has been their mastery of debuffs, but at the rate that targets build resistance combined with how often many endgame targets clear their own debuffs reduces their effectiveness too rapidly. A RDM should not have to struggle to land debuffs just as much as anyone /RDM.

* Frazzle needs to be given some sort of innate magic accuracy bonus so that it is more useful in endgame content. It gets fully resisted far too often, and has felt like that since the GEO bugfix awhile back. I don't think there's a problem with designing encounters to heavily favor physical damage over magical (or vv.) but that design should never be a blanket effect over an entire type of content. (Omen Caturae, I'm looking at you. ~_~) It would be perfectly fine if this only applied to Frazzle II/III, in order to make it a uniquely RDM thing.

* I'm not sure that it's possible on a technical level, but a new debuff spell that increases readying time for TP moves (similar to how Addle works with spell casting time,) would go a long way towards RDM reclaiming their niche. Even a mere 1~2 sec increase would be enough leeway to actually allow players to react at least. This would also be a huge boon for high-lag situations and those of us players who seem to be on slower connections or low-end computers. I've personally had instances where the effect of a move in Omen showed up in the log before the readying message... <,<;;

RDM players, chime in! Do RDM mains think that these suggestions would be enough to be desirable in most group content? These come from my conversations with those who've gotten frustrated with the state of the job, as I do not have enough inventory space to give RDM a serious shot personally...