Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Trust weaponskills toggle

Please consider adding a command to let us turn off weapon skills from trusts, this is so annoying when duoing capacity points because they often interrupt skillchains.
    (6)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    PLEASE DO THIS,
    I cannot use 99.99% of trusts due to them ruining skillchains by WSing for 20.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Can't you just use trusts that won't interact with what you're doing? Use magic bursting trusts instead of weaponskilling ones?

I mean, there's like a hundred of them, there must be some you can work with, since they all work a little differently. To be fair, I'm usually CPing by myself since I'm not CPing the in-demand jobs for party CPing, but for what I'm able to fight, the Trusts I use are plenty effective enough with their WS and bursts to keep me chaining. Funny enough half the time I interrupt chains being done between trusts and they end up just chaining off me instead lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-17-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Player
    It's pretty much Qultada exclusively that is the issue. The only way to get cor rolls.

All 100 "DD" aren't even worth summoning.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Maybe it's not as simple as adding a toggle because a lot of trusts use AOE TP curing too. I'm guessing that this is based on the same concept/mechanics that makes them weapon skill. Therefore stopping them healing (?)
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    It's pretty much Qultada exclusively that is the issue. The only way to get cor rolls.

All 100 "DD" aren't even worth summoning.
    All tanks WS too.
    Most supports that could be helpful but aren't, like seltheus and lillisette also WS.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    My set-up for trusts I used to solo all my CP/JP to master my PUP up in Escha-Ru'ann on Aerns worked wonderfully for me:
    Kupofried (no interaction, just CP bonuses)
    August (tank, great DD and WS'er)
    Qultada (COR rolls and buffs, plus SkChains nicely every time with my h2h for insta-kills, or with August's WS for heavy damage)
    Zeid II (great Stunner and WS damage with me or Qultada for near insta-kills, either me then Zeid II, or him then me for WS)
    Yoran-Oran (UC) (for healing, buffs, unenfeeble, etc... never really interacts with target. Apururu and Kupipi work just as well, even Mihli if want bit more DD)
    I'd be able to pull one Aern from below, have it then come to me and link up 6~8 more Aerns for massive kill time, that usually took ~2minutes to kill them all, then repeat.
    My automaton set up for RNG frame for massive dmg and great WS's and SkChains with Zeid II and me.
    This set-up used to net me 30-40 JP an hour soloing, topping 60+ if Exp campaign and/or i had full complement of rings to use (Trizek, Capacity, Facility).
    All the bonus chests and items (eschite ores and replacement rings were nice) helped a lot.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You guys must have some high standards.... I just call on august, that taru with the haste and refresh, qultada, shantotto II and iroha 2 and we're all beating the crap out of stuff. Granted, I'm sure you're fighting far stronger mobs than I, but it's easy and the CP is good for being alone on mediocre geared job with only a handful of JPs. not "60 per hour" of course, but progress is progress.

I'm sure if I could get a party I'd know what fast CP was, but alas....
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You guys must have some high standards.... I just call on august, that taru with the haste and refresh, qultada, shantotto II and iroha 2 and we're all beating the crap out of stuff. Granted, I'm sure you're fighting far stronger mobs than I, but it's easy and the CP is good for being alone on mediocre geared job with only a handful of JPs. not "60 per hour" of course, but progress is progress.

I'm sure if I could get a party I'd know what fast CP was, but alas....
    Ultimately it depends on what job you are playing on.

I tend to find that using different sets of trusts for different situations works best.

As mentioned above though, out of all the trusts available, only a small pool of them are used/useful.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Please consider adding a command to let us turn off weapon skills from trusts, this is so annoying when duoing capacity points because they often interrupt skillchains.
    This would be amazing.

...Which is precisely why it will never happen.

The devs have made it abundantly clear they want to cripple trust gameplay as much as possible in a pointless attempt to try to force you to party with other players.

- Imaginary players that somehow are available whenever I have time to play and that have the skills and basic gear to be worth partying with them instead of a trust.

- Imaginary players whom also don't mind if I go AFK in the middle of an xp session for whatever reason.

- Imaginary players that would want to do old content to help me gear up and/or are at the same gear progression level I am so we can tackle the same things.

Yeah, it's almost like there was a very good reason for horizontal progression and strong party play back in the days before the Abyssea/WoWcloneXIV debacle, huh?
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast