Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Do to Aeonics what you did to Emps

Add another step, make it cost 200m+.

No reason for ZERO GIL ultimate weapons to exist, when other weapons are upwards of 200m(mythics/emps) and relics are still ~100m.

The strongest ultimate weapons(overall, also ignoring nirvana becuase lol smn) shouldn't be have ZERO gil cost when the other ultimate weapons have a very, very, very high gil cost.
    (0)

Player
    Just no. Gil isn't a barrier to anything.

There absolutely should be more to aeonics. You should have to prove you're capable of using them. But that's never going to happen so just forget about it.
    (0)

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The Escha NM pop items cost gil tho.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Eh, they still cost alot of your time. Everything you do in a MMORPG has a price tag called 'your time' Whether you spend it farming money or farming content, it's all the same. The price tags in gil is just a measurement of what one's time is worth. Maybe aeonics are all that but no one respects those things because they are so easy to get. RMEs are a testament to your dedication. It's really too bad SE sacrificed ultimate weapons and their damage output to allow normie weapons to compete because they could no longer create content to challenge everyone's capabilities after so many years and so many RMEs getting into the hands of players so does it really matter if aeonics cost a billion gil or nothing? Besides to the dummy who shouts for ultimate weapon only alliances for content? They are hardly worth having these days. SE made sure of that. Eh I guess they matter but come on, some normie drop weapons compete with RMEs. It's just sad.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I am more proud of my Magian Weapons than I am of my RME Weapons.

I built around 25 Magians, including the Multi-hit and WSdmg and TPbonus weapons and of course the elemental weapons.

I spent years spamming thousands of weaponskills, and waiting for weather to arrive.

It was way more of an effort than just going to the AH and buying some stuff for a Relic or a final stages Empy.

I loved Empys when I had to go in Aby and build pop-sets and strike weaponskill procs. That felt like I was an adventurer, earning my weapon.

But when I look at my Moghouse, the things I feel most fond of, and proud of, are still my Magian Weapons, because they were 100% effort and I couldn't leech wins or buy progress.

I feel particularly proud of them because I was building them in the pre-ilvl era, with just level 90~ equipment. This meant that I had to work slowly, keep my HP up and defend myself, and have back-up strategies for catastrophic situations.

Ironically, those weapons are the ones that the game threw away, with no upgrades beyond level 99. I think the demise of Magians represented the sudden change in the game, from "sustained personal adventuring effort" to "let's go shopping."

Sometimes I pretend that ilvl never happened, and that is when I still use my Magians Weapons, and my level 90~99 gear, when I want to go and have some adventures and fun.

Also my mules are locked on level 75 and they still use things like Ridill and the classic level 70~75 armours.

I don't own any Aeonics, and I do not wish to. I'd rather just use my old stuff, and pretend I'm living in the 2004~2010 era, lol.
    (1)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I remember having all 8 Elemental Magic bonus for element staves for my BLM completed (yes even 2 of the Light based one for both Cure+% AND MAB).
    Then I STILL have my Oxyuranis for Pet -11% damage on PUP for macro piece. Plus about 12 others completed for BLU, NIN x2, THF, WAR, BRD, WHM, etc...
    They took time.
    They took patience.
    They showed you knew HOW to play and use your job.
    They showed a lot of work and dedication.
    They became instantly obsolete with introduction of ilvl weapons, even ilvl 103+, and they became (/toss)ed.
    So while I spent all my time working on those, other people did other content I am now way behind on.
    Makes you wonder why SE even made Magian trials if they were to be obsolete items that would take months or years to make after just a few weeks of viable usage.
    :/
    (0)

Player
    It really wouldn't be much effort to just slap on new trials.

.... if they don't do it their way.

See their problem is, everything has to have the "square step". Meaning additional waste. For no real reason.

Just add ONE trial (not even a hard one, who cares) to 119 the items. DONT do 60 trials for 100 101 105 107 109 113 115 117 118 119

This is why you'll never see them add more trials, they don't know how to just do it. They HAVE to make it over complicated. and they do not have the bodies to pull that off.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    My friend just did a full aeonic clear in 4 hours. In the time he did that, I could've completed ONE emp NM trial(the ones before abyssea), MAYBE two if i was incredibly lucky. That is hilariously out of wack.

Oh, to top it off, aeonics are generally better, too. Great design.

Buff Mythic/emps, nerf aeonics to the ground
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 06-12-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Buff Mythic/emps
    They're talking about it now, in the near future.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    ONLY those? or aeonics too? Aeonics need to be left alone and mythic/emps masively buffed(with a grind added to them)
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast