Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    The forced delay makes it unusable, even with hundredfists up. The gain just doesn't match the loss.

Capped haste boost is 8~10 seconds delay. the amount of hits you lose in the delay doesn't make up for the increase.

Now if you do it perfect; engage..... wait.... run in and ws, then its neat.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 05-01-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    The forced delay makes it unusable, even with hundredfists up. The gain just doesn't match the loss.

Capped haste boost is 8~10 seconds delay. the amount of hits you lose in the delay doesn't make up for the increase.

Now if you do it perfect; engage..... wait.... run in and ws, then its neat.
    With capped delay for H2H, you should be looking at right around 5.5sec Boost duration. Which happens to be just about perfect to pop one more JA before WS. You can try for two, but just a tiny bit of lag can make you lose the buff if you are actually delay capped. As long as you are spending the delay time doing something else instead of just sitting there tho, it should help even out the damage loss a bit. I have no idea whether Hundred Fists actually applies to Boost duration or not, and forgot any other interactions that I tested when the Boost change went live, but MA+ and normal gear/magic Haste definitely do. (DW affected dual-wielders instead of MA, and the lower cap is definitely 5sec. I checked delay values that should've been much lower and they still came out as 5sec.)

Maybe MNK/THF rolling Boost+SATA could become a thing? XD Only half joking on this, since I have no idea how good a fully geared/buffed Boost could be.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    I have 9 second boost with Cornelia haste2 26% gear and march (which is overkill)

8 seconds even with hundredfists up.

removed pretty picture

If it were actually 5 that would be reasonable.It needs to be more like a flourish. But no delay penalty and can't be used on an autoattack.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 05-01-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Player
    I have 9 second boost with Cornelia haste2 26% gear and march (which is overkill)

8 seconds even with hundredfists up.

If it were actually 5 that would be reasonable.It needs to be more like a flourish. But no delay penalty and can't be used on an autoattack.
    That looks like you are not actually delay capped. You still need appropriate Martial Arts to reach the lower limit of 20%. The precise value needed will vary based on your weapon delay. Interesting that Hundred Fists did so little to it though.

Looked up my own Boost testing from when it went live btw. XD The total delay is actually 4x, not 3x like I was thinking, so minimum delay for H2H is actually 6.4sec. Tack on 80% of your weapon delay, and should be somewhere close to 7sec. To get up to 9-10 sec, you'd need to be missing MA/Haste somewhere. Minimum for DW was indeed 5sec and appeared to be a hardcoded limit. I personally agree that the delay is too high, particularly for the somewhat meager increase in damage provided (when compared to 30k-50k WS spam from others, +3k doesn't sound all that impressive.) My preferred fixes for it would be: lowering the delay from 4x to 2x for MNK-main, increasing the TP return bonus to 1k+, and widening the timing window for maximum output to 3-4 sec remaining to allow for lag and compensate for being unable to have precise measurements of buff durations remaining under 5sec. You have to admit that Boost would take on entirely new aspects if it could be used to self-sc if timed properly, and it feels really lousy that /MNK actually can use Boost better than MNK-main. ><;;;
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    It's not that either. It just cannot go that low on MNK. I'm over capped delay, with overcap martial arts. Impossible to go any lower.

Unless the most recent MA needs are wrong. +13 should be overcap on every weapon. (under 138 delay)

So the minimum delay we can experience with Godhands is:
    (480 + 138) * .2 = 123.6

When Haste-capped and Mastered, Godhands delay is:
    (480 + 138 - 210) * (1024 - 256 - 448) / 1024 = 127.5

13 more Martial Arts would put you at 123.4375, or a hair too far.
    12 is the most you'd want to wear.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 05-01-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Player
    It's not that either. It just cannot go that low on MNK. I'm over capped delay, with overcap martial arts. Impossible to go any lower.

Unless the most recent MA needs are wrong. +13 should be overcap on every weapon. (under 138 delay)
    Ahah! I think I figured out what the disconnect is then. I didn't/don't have any high delay weapons to test with and wasn't expecting that you'd be checking the highest delay in the game (I think that's it other than base Relic Knuckles?) As far as Boost goes, I was overstacking on everything to ensure that all delay sources were capped (since I have no MNK JPs.) There is no actual penalty to Boost for being overcap, other than losing STR to increase the effect. With Godhands, your Boost duration when fully delay capped should be 8.24 sec, which definitely is far too high and feels like penalizing you for using an Ultimate Weapon. -_-;; Still think it would be fixed w/ what I suggested above to make it something awesome for MNK-mains.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4