Character
    Julissa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20

Add the abilty to use trust magic to the remaining areas?

It's kind of jarring when most areas you can summon trust magic but you still can't in like assaults, salvage, einherjar or bcnms? Think it's about time the devs finished off these remaining areas. The only area you shouldn't be able to use trust is in pvp like ballista!
    (6)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    No thanks. I solo a lot of [capped] BCNM's because it offers a challenge, something that is dying fast in this game.
    (1)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    But... having the option to use trusts doesn't take away from the fact that you would still be able to solo them does it? I'm confused.
    (7)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    But... having the option to use trusts doesn't take away from the fact that you would still be able to solo them does it? I'm confused.
    The reason why some items are expensive and prestigious is because they require skill to get. If people just ran in with bunch of trusts, essentially making it 'easier', then that would change. I'm mainly referring to capped BCNM's.

No idea why you would need them for salvage...

Let's leave some form of challenge in the game.
    (1)

Player
    It would be a far greater help to gameplay and quality of life if they just fix the stupid "equipment scaling" system so that ilvl gear actually scaled instead of losing all stats except defense rating... I'd be fine with even capped stat values to avoid massively overgearing fights, but it is a Bad Thing that I will have vastly more STR or attack or accuracy or MP or etc. by wearing lv40 gear than what I normally use. Inventory space is at a premium even with my fully unlocked inventory and it's just not feasible to carry around yet another full set of gear per job for specific content.

Also, I don't think that adding Trusts to the remaining level capped contents is technically possible. There are probably some spaghetti knots involved in the code that are too tangled to risk trying to make it happen. We'd probably end up with ilvl Trusts in lv40 BCNMs or the like, which is why they haven't done it already. :/
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 04-01-2018 at 12:11 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    The reason why some items are expensive and prestigious is because they require skill to get. If people just ran in with bunch of trusts, essentially making it 'easier', then that would change. I'm mainly referring to capped BCNM's.

No idea why you would need them for salvage...

Let's leave some form of challenge in the game.
    Nothing in this game requires skill to get. And there certainly isn't any challenge. *worth doing

The only "challenging" thing in this game is finding 5 people that aren't mouthbreathers that can appropriately hit Control +1 and Control +2 or get -real- talented and hit Alt +1
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 04-01-2018 at 01:34 AM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    Nothing in this game requires skill to get. And there certainly isn't any challenge. *worth doing

The only "challenging" thing in this game is finding 5 people that aren't mouthbreathers that can appropriately hit Control +1 and Control +2 or get -real- talented and hit Alt +1
    On the skill point, I would suggest that fine-tuning your video-gaming skills is on the User Side, and that you can turn a fairly mundane battle into a masterclass of video-gaming skill by elevating and fine-tuning your own skills and strategies.

FFXI is easier in many ways than it was fourteen years ago, but there are still many opportunities for a person to play the game skillfully.

Also, the option to play at level 75 still exists, the old areas and NM still exist, so there is no reason to not re-live those pre-ilvl days and remember the joys of NM Hunting, and high-adrenaline solo kiting, and crying, and de-levelling all the time. I do this a lot, and it really is a test of skills, it is still a high-precision game with shocks and thrills.

As for the "worth doing" that is 100% subjective. Anything is worth doing if you personally find it a worthwhile experience. I personally love FFXI, and so playing FFXI is always "worth doing" even if I'm just catching fish, and ambling round, doing /dance emotes with my Automaton.

On the other wider points in the thread, I agree with both sides. I think that Trusts are fun, people enjoy being with their favourite Trusts, and so I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed everywhere. But I also agree that people should try to do content without Trusts, so they can increase the challenge level on True Solo.
    (5)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't know about most events listed but I think it's obvious why it never needs to happen for BCNMs, if only because of one single drop.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team