Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Unmerc'ing Asura - Do you need help?

Are you a returnee in non-119 gear who has no idea how to get past sparks gear?
    Are you an actually new player who has no idea what you should even be aiming for past sparks gear? (Or what that little upside white triangle means on some ilvl gear?) I can help!

I've been offering the following as "welcome gifts" for my new ls members for a long time, but always felt a lil' bad that I couldn't snatch up every stray newbie/returnee that popped up in chat.

I'm also one of those irritated at the proliferation of mercenary services at the cost of actual group-play for those still at the lower tiers of endgame content.

So, simple idea. I am now an unmerc. I run a BST+BLM dualbox team, which can smash faces rather well. I can carry 2x cheerleaders at a time, so you will get vorseal unlocks along the way. I am offering this service not for those who are already established, but for those who actually need help. I'd also really appreciate it if trolling be kept to a minimum, since I am trying to do something good here. ^^;;

Prices for my services are as follows:

Escha - Zi'tah T1: my pops, your drops = 0gil
    Escha - Zi'tah T2: your pops, your drops = 0gil

Escha - Ru'aun T1: my pops, your drops = 0gil
    Escha - Ru'aun T2: your pops, your drops = 0gil (We will also need to catch one of our ls tanks in a benevolent mood to be sure of safe/speedy kills for some of them due to the adds. ^^;; )

TBH, I probably won't complain if someone (who's not struggling with gil) wants to help cover the cost of T1 pops, but those are only 6k/EZ and 10k/ER, and I really won't be happy with being offered more than that.
    This is intended to be a non-profit operation.

As long as I'm prepped with KIs before starting, can do ~20x EZ T1 per radialens, so you should even have a decent shot at getting gear that you are looking for. ^^

I am not rich. I could definitely use more gil in general. I just don't care enough about gil to not-help other players who actually need help. Bring on the salt mercs. >:3

I will try to keep an eye on this thread, and am crossposting this on ffxiah and bgwiki forums, but your best bet is probably to catch me ingame. You can find me on one of my myriad characters, find a member of my linkshell FaceDesk who can let me know, grab a pearl for FaceDesk from one of the 3 city concierges, etc. (You're welcome to keep the pearl too if you are looking for a social/help ls. ^^ We welcome all.)

The many me's: Nyarlko, Cthuko, Mirajayn, Mikudayo, Hoardingmule, Naru, Ghutatan.
    Cthuuko, Shantakun, Pettanko, Rorymercury, Mahirosan, Hasturkun, Klptzyxm.
    If you can't find one, you can usually find another. ^^
    (8)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Commendable effort, but I'd just like to say Trust takes time to earn. I'd be wary of many people just using you to get stuff done then leaving. But if you're ok with that, then that's all you.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Commendable effort, but I'd just like to say Trust takes time to earn. I'd be wary of many people just using you to get stuff done then leaving. But if you're ok with that, then that's all you.
    I've actually had a rather huge response from those interested in helping. So there is hope for the humanity of the playerbase yet! lol

This is not intended to be a linkshell recruitment thing really, tho everyone is welcome to stick around if they want to. My linkshell is basically a social ls focused on helping others, and I don't have plans to really expand too far into endgame with it. I'm just offering to help those who are struggling with a leg up so that they can reach the group-play starting line, and hoping that if they appreciate it, they might consider paying it forward to someone else in need of help someday, but I'm not expecting anything back for myself.

I just don't have infinite amount of time, so hope that those who need the help are not cut off by those who can do this stuff themselves already and just want to be jerks. ^^;; So far however, the response has been extremely positive, and I think that we might be able to handle a bit more than what's listed, but no guarantees yet that the Unmerc'ing menu will be expanded just yet.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Another thing a lot of new players do not know is that if you join a party and actually help IN ANY WAY to help defeat the target, you can evenly lot on any items that drop from the target. That is in rules for the game. It is only trust and hoping people are not greedy savages to allow them to join your group and NOT lot on any items that drop. Having had a previous linkshell member in same situation.
    1] They joined a mercenary group for a run.
    2] They went as BLM and cast ONE spell that Magic Burst for damage, plus a few others when told.
    3] When items filled pool they cast lot on one item that someone else said they wanted and no one else could lot on (and that person did zero for fight other than fill party slot).
    4] When party leader (other person's ls mate & friend) said they could not lot on it or they would be kicked them from party, my acquaintance said that's against the game rules and IS allowed to lot on it.
    5] Party leader booted them out. He called GM on this. Luckily GM showed up within minutes, read event logs, and removed lotted item from other person, suspended party leader for 72hrs. Sadly they are not allowed to give the item to another person (my acquaintance) even though they would have won it, but that they'd have to fight another target for it and hope to trust in others to let him have it, or form his own party next time.
    6] So, join a merc party, lot on item, and don't pay, as long as you help out in ANY way (even cast one Dia spell lol), you can lot. They don't like that no pay thing? Too bad, have them learn the game rules, and then do it to help others to enjoy game, not uselessly fill their gilpockets and make it harder for players to enjoy.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Another thing a lot of new players do not know is that if you join a party and actually help IN ANY WAY to help defeat the target, you can evenly lot on any items that drop from the target. That is in rules for the game. It is only trust and hoping people are not greedy savages to allow them to join your group and NOT lot on any items that drop. Having had a previous linkshell member in same situation.
    1] They joined a mercenary group for a run.
    2] They went as BLM and cast ONE spell that Magic Burst for damage, plus a few others when told.
    3] When items filled pool they cast lot on one item that someone else said they wanted and no one else could lot on (and that person did zero for fight other than fill party slot).
    4] When party leader (other person's ls mate & friend) said they could not lot on it or they would be kicked them from party, my acquaintance said that's against the game rules and IS allowed to lot on it.
    5] Party leader booted them out. He called GM on this. Luckily GM showed up within minutes, read event logs, and removed lotted item from other person, suspended party leader for 72hrs. Sadly they are not allowed to give the item to another person (my acquaintance) even though they would have won it, but that they'd have to fight another target for it and hope to trust in others to let him have it, or form his own party next time.
    6] So, join a merc party, lot on item, and don't pay, as long as you help out in ANY way (even cast one Dia spell lol), you can lot. They don't like that no pay thing? Too bad, have them learn the game rules, and then do it to help others to enjoy game, not uselessly fill their gilpockets and make it harder for players to enjoy.
    Hm.. I'm not entirely sure that works exactly like you think it does. ^^;; At least in the old days, they'd treat agreed upon terms as a contract, so if you agreed not to lot on anything and did, then it's possible for that party to call GM on you for breaking the rules so to speak. I remember people getting in trouble for breaking the old "Your Pop, Your Drop" rules. I honestly don't know how they enforce this stuff nowadays though. ^^;; In other words, even putting aside the damage to your reputation for trying to steal loot that something like that would surely do, it's NOT a good idea to try to stiff someone on an agreed up on setup. Best case scenario? The item in contention gets destroyed and no one gets it. Then the group lets the rest of the server know they shouldn't party with you because you will "ninja" loot that "isn't yours." :/ The behavior in this suggestion sounds like trolling rather than anything that could be called positive, and I would never recommend acting like this to anyone.

Rather than something like trying to steal from mercs, it would be better for everyone to grab a couple of bodies and give killing something a shot on your own. ^^
    (2)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Point was, he helped and did as told to help, and other person sat there and literally never even touched a key to do anything but was expecting to get the item he didn't do anything for. When he brought this up he was told "Too Bad, pass your lotting." GM said since he had helped and other person didn't, he had equal rights to lot on items.
    Ergo, still works too on merc's. I have a friend on Leviathan that did just that last week. As you said it all comes down to trust and hoping ppl do what they say they'd do. But if it pisses off a merc group and they get screwed over enough times by multiple other people, then maybe they'll help instead of merc and learn helping > ripping ppl off for exorbitant amounts of gil that they probably didn't need in first place. They need to remember, they most likely got help too at one time. I use that mindset every day. I got help from others, I pay it forward every day, even if it means I get nothing done for myself other than making someone have fun and feel good.
    It's a game, let's all have fun and enjoy, or then ppl will leave and game will get worse.
    (0)

Player
    About Dzspdref's statement, I have to agree with Nyarlko here and say that anyone blatantly lying about their intentions, agreeing to something and then breaking that agreement is unquestionably immoral, where mercing is at best debatable on the moral front.

Also Nyarlko, I doubt you'll get much salt from mercs, (I merc sometimes, and I'm all for this) you specifically said you're looking for people to help who aren't well established in game, aka who don't have income sources in game, so you're not really cutting into their target market, which is people who have the gil lying around and just want X thing done efficiently without having to do it several times so that everyone gets what they're after etc etc at the specific moment.

I personally see no problem with either option, and don't see why they have to oppose one another.

Heck, myself and some other people I know who merc often help returning/newish/or just time-restricted players for free, not only do you support the community by helping other people stick around/feel helped out (which in turn hopefully keeps the playerbase higher to support the game), but when they're someone who knows how to make money/is established, maybe they return to you for mercing something higher end, and if you need assistance on helping a new player out with this thing, feel free to poke me and if I'm not busy I'll most likely be happy to help.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    About Dzspdref's statement, I have to agree with Nyarlko here and say that anyone blatantly lying about their intentions, agreeing to something and then breaking that agreement is unquestionably immoral, where mercing is at best debatable on the moral front.

Also Nyarlko, I doubt you'll get much salt from mercs, (I merc sometimes, and I'm all for this) you specifically said you're looking for people to help who aren't well established in game, aka who don't have income sources in game, so you're not really cutting into their target market, which is people who have the gil lying around and just want X thing done efficiently without having to do it several times so that everyone gets what they're after etc etc at the specific moment.

I personally see no problem with either option, and don't see why they have to oppose one another.

Heck, myself and some other people I know who merc often help returning/newish/or just time-restricted players for free, not only do you support the community by helping other people stick around/feel helped out (which in turn hopefully keeps the playerbase higher to support the game), but when they're someone who knows how to make money/is established, maybe they return to you for mercing something higher end, and if you need assistance on helping a new player out with this thing, feel free to poke me and if I'm not busy I'll most likely be happy to help.
    TBH, what triggered me was seeing several players offering EZ T1 drops for exorbitant fees (w/ a single drop costing more than 50x the cost of the pop,) when I know for a fact that a proper group of sparks geared players "can" beat all of them reliably. Some would be tough fights in that case, but all could be done. There just aren't that many players around who still need to climb the gear ladder, so anyone new who doesn't have a helpful ls ends up either giving up on the game or paying someone else 500k for a 5-10k pop and 1min of merc work...

That's just not cool. =_=;;

A reminder for any of the new names I'm seeing in the linkshell. Please talk! lol Speak up so we know if you are a helper or helpee and what your game situation is so all our oldtimers know what needs to be done. You can even talk... just to be social. /shock It IS a social ls after all. ^^ Even though we are not an endgame shell, we are not against doing most events if we have the bodies for it, so ask away for anything that you need help with. If no one answers you, then we are probably asleep. You are not being ignored. XD
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 03-30-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Character
    Stanelis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Hello,

I'm a returning player who used to do endgame back in 2006 and I'm looking for a group of players to play with. I currently have bst at 99 because I figured out if I wanted to farm some gear it ll help me, but I plan to play either SMN or BLM as endgame jobs. I actually managed to buy some Ilvl 119 gear with bayld and I'd like to take part in group content but I have no clue about how to do this because I don't think I have access to most of the content (I'm still at the beginning of the adoulin questline, and stuck on the rhapsodies because I have adoulin prerequisites) .

Aside from helping new players, does your LS run events as a group ? I don't care about needing tto farm and I don't aim to get stellar gear (even though I'd have killed back in the day to get some of the new smn gear) but I used to play back when everything was done in a group and it's currently being very lonely.
    (0)
    Last edited by Stanelis; 04-04-2018 at 01:15 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Hello,

I'm a returning player who used to do endgame back in 2006 and I'm looking for a group of players to play with. I currently have bst at 99 because I figured out if I wanted to farm some gear it ll help me, but I plan to play either SMN or BLM as endgame jobs. I actually managed to buy some Ilvl 119 gear with bayld and I'd like to take part in group content but I have no clue about how to do this because I don't think I have access to most of the content (I'm still at the beginning of the adoulin questline, and stuck on the rhapsodies because I have adoulin prerequisites) .

Aside from helping new players, does your LS run events as a group ? I don't care about needing tto farm and I don't aim to get stellar gear (even though I'd have killed back in the day to get some of the new smn gear) but I used to play back when everything was done in a group and it's currently being very lonely.
    We don't do any "current endgame" content, as there are plenty of other 'shells that can handle stuff like Omen, Divergence, Aeonics, etc. We focus on lower tier / entry level type content, since it usually only takes 1-2 of the vets to run new people thru it. I'm also a blatant know-it-all and love answering questions about the game, so ask away! lol

Grab a pearl from the Linkshell Concierge NPC in any of the three cities. We'll be happy to add you to the family. ^^
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast