Player

We need an Official stance on the state of SMN

It's been almost a year waiting for a word. Positive or Negative in this matter.

I'm kind of getting tired of waiting for the bubble to pop.

I'm going to be furious if I finally make Nirvana and it gets adjusted a week later. I decided not to do it knowing full well what will eventually happen. But I'm starting to feel stupid for not abusing the system you seem to have no interest in addressing.

I sincerely want to know how you get away with not giving any mention at all about the future of SMN. You literally don't address hundreds of comments at all. Ignoring it doesn't make the problem go away.

This is the exact same (kind) of issue with salvage dupping. You don't say anything... you let it go for a year... and then fix it without warning. This isn't the stock market, it's a game. You can tell us things.

I've been playing long enough to know how you handle these kinds of "issues" what bothers me is it takes you longer and longer and..... longer.
    (4)
    Last edited by Halley; 12-10-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post

...This is the exact same (kind) of issue with salvage dupping...
    Actually it isn't. The salvage exploit was taking advantage of an obvious bug in the game to duplicate drops, to shorten the upgrade time for Salvage Gear.

The deal with SMN is that it's working Within the game's Systems (Similar to how people figured out how to blink tank on NIN) to create an advantageous situation and deal incredible amounts of damage during Astral Conduit, by the SMN maxing out Job Points / Gear / Etc, along with the correct GEO bubbles and other buffs to max out their damage. See the difference?
    (4)
    Last edited by Teraniku; 12-13-2017 at 07:37 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    It's been almost a year waiting for a word. Positive or Negative in this matter.

I'm kind of getting tired of waiting for the bubble to pop.

I'm going to be furious if I finally make Nirvana and it gets adjusted a week later. I decided not to do it knowing full well what will eventually happen. But I'm starting to feel stupid for not abusing the system you seem to have no interest in addressing.

I sincerely want to know how you get away with not giving any mention at all about the future of SMN. You literally don't address hundreds of comments at all. Ignoring it doesn't make the problem go away.

This is the exact same (kind) of issue with salvage dupping. You don't say anything... you let it go for a year... and then fix it without warning. This isn't the stock market, it's a game. You can tell us things.

I've been playing long enough to know how you handle these kinds of "issues" what bothers me is it takes you longer and longer and..... longer.

so with the right set Geo idris SP bolster geo frailty and indi-torpor. SMN with Nirvana master job using astral flow + astral conduit can do 99,999 damage x10 or more in less than 30 second on any NM up to level 140 to 150. So SMN is number 1 in FFXI at this point. Since I haven't heard anything from SE part i guess they are allowing SMN to do this but they won't hesitate for a second to slap BST for being cool for 8 years with their long range pet comand.

Puppet update where? BST I don't know anymore about this job. I dont' know a job alive that can do 99,999 x 10 in less than 30 second with the help of a geo. So for those that wanted SMN to be the greatest job in FFXI history, they finally got their wish. :/ So good luck on making Nirvana.
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    so with the right set Geo idris SP bolster geo frailty and indi-torpor. SMN with Nirvana master job using astral flow + astral conduit can do 99,999 damage x10 or more in less than 30 second on any NM up to level 140 to 150. So SMN is number 1 in FFXI at this point. Since I haven't heard anything from SE part i guess they are allowing SMN to do this but they won't hesitate for a second to slap BST for being cool for 8 years with their long range pet comand.

Puppet update where? BST I don't know anymore about this job. I dont' know a job alive that can do 99,999 x 10 in less than 30 second with the help of a geo. So for those that wanted SMN to be the greatest job in FFXI history, they finally got their wish. :/ So good luck on making Nirvana.
    This. So much this. Many 2016/2017 updates had small changes and additions to PUP automatons and attachments. Beastmaster was merged as frontline DD and a 7-yalm restriction, after a decade of use.....with no changes to support this new rule. Even the Tame ability was restricted to be used only with a pet out!

But... not a word on Summoner (whose play style is currently identical to what Beastmaster used to be allowed to do ...for a decade)!
    (3)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 12-13-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post

BST got nerfed for much less of an unbalance of power, I'm surprised it's taking SE this long to do something similar to SMN. I suppose if SE is going to turn a blind eye then go get your 'Nirvana on' while you can.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    BST got nerfed for much less of an unbalance of power, I'm surprised it's taking SE this long to do something similar to SMN. I suppose if SE is going to turn a blind eye then go get your 'Nirvana on' while you can.
    Yeah bst was basically doing the same thing... except at like 1/2 the dmg
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Yeah bst was basically doing the same thing... except at like 1/2 the dmg
    BST needs an overhaul badly. JTs, JAs, Merits, Armors, etc... All need a reevaluation.
    (4)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    BST needs an overhaul badly. JTs, JAs, Merits, Armors, etc... All need a reevaluation.
    Preach. BST is in a horrible place. Right after they go ahead and nerf smn into the ground, I'm ok with a complete BST overhaul, bottom to top. Then they can fix everything else.
    (1)