Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Returnee Support Campaign Phase Two

Part two of the Returnee Support Campaign will commence on Monday, December 11, at 12:00 a.m. (PST) / 8:00 a.m. (GMT)

The exact schedule is as follows:

Campaign Period:
    Monday, December 11, at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Sunday, December 31, at 6:59 a.m.
    Monday, 11 December, at 8:00 a.m. (GMT) to Sunday, 31 December, at 2:59 p.m.

• Assault - Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey Mysterious Item Campaign
      During the campaign, adventurers will have a chance to acquire new mysterious items whenever defeating a notorious monster on each floor.
    • Alter Ego Expo
      Alter egos will receive the following improvements for the duration of the campaign.
      • Alter egos' Maximum HP and MP are increased by 50%.
      • Alter egos have stronger resistance to status ailments.
    • Double Unity Accolade Campaign
      Unity accolade gains from completing Records of Eminence objectives and vanquishing monsters are doubled!
    • Incursion Campaign
      During the campaign, monsters and notorious monsters will drop one additional item when defeated.
    • Unity Wanted Campaign
      During the campaign, completing Wanted I and Wanted II Records of Eminence objectives will yield 2 treasure chests of each type.
    • High-Tier Mission Battlefield Campaign
      The number of personal drops in the following battlefields will be increased by one, and players will receive either a pluton, a pluton case, a pluton box, a chunk of beitetsu, a beitetsu case, a beitetsu box, a riftborn boulder, a boulder case, or a boulder box.
      ★Ark Angels 1 / ★Ark Angels 2 / ★Ark Angels 3 / ★Ark Angels 4 / ★Ark Angels 5 /
      ★Return to Delkfutt's Tower / ★The Celestial Nexus / ★The Savage / ★The Warrior's Path /
      ★Puppet in Peril / ★Legacy of the Lost / ★Rank 5 Mission / ★Head Wind /
      ★One to be Feared / ★Dawn / ★Pentacide Perpetrator / ★Trial by Fire / ★Trial by Ice /
      ★Trial by Wind / ★Trial by Earth / ★Trial by Lightning / ★Trial by Water /
      ★The Moonlit Path / ★Waking the Beast / ★Waking Dreams
      * Higher quality items will drop more frequently on higher difficulties.
    • Wanted Dial Campaign
      A new dial, the Wanted Dial, will be added to the Gobbie Mystery Box. This fresh addition can be spun once per day to receive one of the treasure coffers that drops from Wanted battle content. Additionally, the odds of the special dial yielding equipment will be boosted for the duration.
      * Spinning the Wanted Dial does not cost any daily tally.
      * 45 days must have passed since character creation in order to use the Gobbie Mystery Box.
    • Combat and Magic Skill Increase campaign
      Combat skills will be more likely to increase while in combat for the duration. Additionally, magic skills will be more likely to increase when casting spells.
    (5)
    Fazraye - Community Team

If you want to support returning players, you need to make it easier to install and update. No one wants to wait 10+ hours to play FFXI.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    If you want to support returning players, you need to make it easier to install and update. No one wants to wait 10+ hours to play FFXI.
    I'm not quite sure how it took you 10+ hours to install FFXI.

Years and years of game data and graphics also equate to a large sum of files too (gigabytes worth).
    (0)

Player
    The initial download after installing takes 10 hours easily depending on your service.
    (2)

Character
    Hophasr
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I'm not quite sure how it took you 10+ hours to install FFXI.

Years and years of game data and graphics also equate to a large sum of files too (gigabytes worth).
    well. for example Battlefield 1 wich is ~60gigs took me around 30 min to download and install with my pc and internet.
    this game wich is about 15gigs? took probably 8-10 hours.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by HopHa View Post
    well. for example Battlefield 1 wich is ~60gigs took me around 30 min to download and install with my pc and internet.
    this game wich is about 15gigs? took probably 8-10 hours.
    That's because it does file-by-file which means the computer has to open a connection, download the file, and close the connection so you are losing most of your internet speed because of this.

It doesn't matter if you're on Dialup or 100MB/sec, a 5 kilobyte file is still downloaded in a split second, and the connection open/connection close still take about the same amount of time.

The best way that SE could fix this is update the Seekers Edition Download so that the files contained within aren't 5+ years old, so the user doesn't need to download 5 years worth of game updates and anybody looking to return could download the newest Seekers Edition from the website and it would actually be faster to just reinstall altogether.

That, and now that we have ONLY the PC version.. another thing they could do is looking into releasing .zip files that contain all of the changed files that users could download, and it would dump the files directly into a POL folder, run POL then POL just needs to take those files and put them where they belong for an update that only takes 30-90 seconds.
    (2)

Character
    Terrant
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This campaign looks really sad compared to the last one. Where is my VW ops campaign :'(
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreal1 View Post
    This campaign looks really sad compared to the last one. Where is my VW ops campaign :'(
    To be quite frank, the vw campaign doesn't do as much as you think it does.

drop rate is so low that capping lights doubles the drop rate, yes. but going from 1% to 2% is irrelevant.
    (1)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    To be quite frank, the vw campaign doesn't do as much as you think it does.

drop rate is so low that capping lights doubles the drop rate, yes. but going from 1% to 2% is irrelevant.
    I've always felt that developers say/do stuff like that to be intentionally misleading you into believing that something is better than it actually is.

They'll say things like "30% increased ____!!!"

And what they REALLY mean is "_____ increased by 30% of its existing value."

A lot of games do that, and it is annoying as all crap because they don't tell you which is which, and sometimes it really IS an increase of 30% but you assume it to be 30% of whatever the thing is, and end up NOT taking something that's actually good.

They really need to invent better language or terms or something so you can know what you're REALLY getting.
    (0)

Player
    Business is about making money, not about clarity. If they are honest, you can't be tricked by it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast