Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis D

I'm gonna need you to stop giving them ideas XD
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Apparently I don't have to. Freshly picked showed it being 60 hour lock out. It's like original dynamis almost
    (0)

i don't think it'll stay like that forever, most likely just for the start to curb the crowds
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    i don't think it'll stay like that forever, most likely just for the start to curb the crowds
    This one zone is capable of handling 50x parties at once. They are not worried about curbing the crowds. lol

It's to artificially extend the life/usefulness of the content. Which is a perfectly valid and acceptable reason for lockouts, especially when it's tied to nostalgia in this case. XD
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

It seems that I was right though, and Relic got that reforge boost \o/
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    This one zone is capable of handling 50x parties at once. They are not worried about curbing the crowds. lol

It's to artificially extend the life/usefulness of the content. Which is a perfectly valid and acceptable reason for lockouts, especially when it's tied to nostalgia in this case. XD
    jp update notes make it sound like it can handle a cue of 50 groups. Has it been confirmed multiple groups can be in?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    jp update notes make it sound like it can handle a cue of 50 groups. Has it been confirmed multiple groups can be in?
    That could be it too, but even so, what's the longest wait you've ever seen for Omen? Then cut that to 1/3, and you'll get the longest wait you'll probably see for DD. Especially once it gets rolling beyond launch hype, I just do not see it being likely to run into large lines given the 60hr CD.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Except there are already better examples of how to handle this in place, Omen Tags, and better yet Voidwatch or Aybssea time stones (if one couldn't get forever time extensions like they can in abyssea) it prevents the content from being burned through quickly upon release, but doesn't make someone who has to wait for their group to be able to get on schedule feel like they're missing out, etc etc.

60 hour lockout, handled like this, is so unwieldy and awkward :/

We'd been trending away from timed lockouts, look at all the other recent endgame content: Delve/Skirmish/Ambuscade/Escha/Reisen/SR/Incursion/Vagary/Unity/HTB

We took a step back to Assault days with Omen, and that was bad enough, considering the body/glove droprates and how slow you get cards (without the card event on), but this is on a whole nother level :/

(That said, I like all the gear from Omen, and the fights themselves, and it looks like I'll like the Dynamis content, and I like the gear and even the reward strategies (excepting bodies/gloves), so keep in mind the main thing I'm complaining about is the timing of the content.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 11-11-2017 at 06:29 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Except there are already better examples of how to handle this in place, Omen Tags, and better yet Voidwatch or Aybssea time stones (if one couldn't get forever time extensions like they can in abyssea) it prevents the content from being burned through quickly, but doesn't make someone who has to wait for their group to be able to get on schedule feel like they're missing out, etc etc.

60 hour lockout, handled like this, is so unwieldy and awkward :/

We'd been trending away from timed lockouts, look at all the other recent endgame content: Delve/Skirmish/Ambuscade/Escha/Reisen/SR/Incursion/Vagary/Unity/HTB

We took a step back to Assault days with Omen, and that was bad enough, considering the body/glove droprates and how slow you get cards (without the card event on), but this is on a whole nother level :/

(That said, I like all the gear from Omen, and the fights themselves, and it looks like I'll like the Dynamis content, and I like the gear and even the reward strategies (excepting bodies/gloves), so keep in mind the main thing I'm complaining about is the timing of the content.)
    If it were 100% new content, not set in Dynamis zones, then I would agree that it would feel awkward.

Given where it is, and what it is, long lockout just makes me remember the old days and be not-upset over it.
    (4)

Player
    If it were 100% new content, not set in Dynamis zones, then I would agree that it would feel awkward.

Given where it is, and what it is, long lockout just makes me remember the old days and be not-upset over it.
    It has quite the opposite effect on me, reminding me of the things I disliked from the old days.

I still haven't even gotten to play the new content as we didn't realize it would be 60 hour lockouts before patch so I haven't had the chance to get together with my group to discuss how we're going to handle scheduling, which is going to be super awkward timing wise in my group, but I can't go now or when we discuss it tomorrow I wouldn't be able to go then if we decide to, etc etc, so, wasting two days here, and probably plenty more in the future, which feels super bad.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast