Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Not a single Trust gives pet boosts?!

Come on, SE.

1.) No Trusts give Pet Bonuses
    2.) Reforged AF1+3 (or Ou armor) Set Bonuses work on Avatars but not Beastmaster Pets.
    3.) BRDs can't buff Pets. (Maybe play a song that only pets can hear?)

What gives? This isn't balance.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    3.) BRDs can't buff Pets. (Maybe play a song that only pets can hear?)
    That's a cool idea.
    (2)

Player
    The better answer is to stop the disconnect between player and pet.

Anything that buffs player, needs to buff pet. But that would take effort and adjusting. So neither will happen.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    The better answer is to stop the disconnect between player and pet.

Anything that buffs player, needs to buff pet. But that would take effort and adjusting. So neither will happen.
    It should actually be rather simple to add a new job trait for BST (and possibly PUP/SMN/DRG) that shares at least a portion of stats given to one with the other, between master/pet. I'm guessing that since we already have buffs for master (food/rolls) that affect pets, it would probably be simpler to give pets a portion of master stats than vv, but either way (or even a percent going both ways) would work as far as I'm concerned. I'd also be fine w/ only acc/atk transferring (maaaaybe haste, though it feels like it might be OP,) since anything more than that would probably carry server load concerns with it, which could nix the whole idea.

As far as Trusts go, give Qultada BST+DRG rolls which only get used if the party leader has a pet out. Shouldn't require a lot of work to implement a single new check to his AI I'd think.

As far as gear goes.. BST AF+2/+3 actually made me livid when it launched given how little impact the set has on our pets. I still believe that at least the set bonus should be changed to affect pet instead of, or in addition to, master. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for solid pet-centric stats on any future relic/empy upgrades... Also, GIVE BST FOUNDER'S SET! ><;; Even from a lore perspective, it's beyond confusing why BST was left off this set. August wrestled with a giant sentient tiger for days/nights on end until it decided to be buddies with him after all. XD I'd say he qualified as at least /BST... There is nothing on the set that would make BST broken/OP, and lots of melee stats and fun stuff on it to play around with, so WHY?!? T_T
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Pet jobs don't need any type of buff, they already turn the game into braindead 1 button gameplay. No need to further buff them.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 10-24-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Player
    "pet jobs" isn't really a fair statement.

SMN needs nothing, but BST and PUP really do.

However, if you adjust bst and pup UP with removing pet: stats and make the pets stats equivalent to master, you nerf SMN which is exactly what we want. SMN get's nerfed by removing BP damage+ entirely.

It's only reasonable, after all there's no "ready damage plus". And no way to triple automation wsdmg.
    (1)
    Last edited by Halley; 10-24-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    "pet jobs" isn't really a fair statement.

SMN needs nothing, but BST and PUP really do.

However, if you adjust bst and pup UP with removing pet: stats and make the pets stats equivalent to master, you nerf SMN which is exactly what we want. SMN get's nerfed by removing BP damage+ entirely.

It's only reasonable, after all there's no "ready damage plus". And no way to triple automation wsdmg.
    DRG counts as a "Pet job" too. XD They don't rely on direct pet damage as much as BST/PUP, but given how much of master damage is tied to the pet being alive, I think it wouldn't hurt to increase wyvern survivability at least.

I don't think full removal of "Pet: stats" is feasible. There's simply too much gear that only affects pets to do a full pass to adjust each item individually in any reasonable amount of time. That's one of the reasons why I advocate adding a new JT that shares basic stats (acc/atk, maybe HP/def/attributes, and maaaaaybe haste if it's not too big of an increase to baseline damage output.)

EX: Say the JT gives 80% of master's acc/atk from gear to the pet. That would allow us to gear up master for meleeing while also leaving room for Pet: gear to have a purpose. It would become possible to make master meleeing worthwhile while keeping pets within range of being not-useless, and you could still make small changes to gear to lean more towards the pet, but it would no longer be all-or-nothing one way or the other.
    /derail

I still think that adding a few pet rolls to Qultada should be a simpler task, and would address the OP's complaint. Unfortunately, there really aren't any other options besides COR for pet buffs, and I don't expect new songs to be added at this point for BRD to buff pets as well. (Which would then have to be added to the BRD trusts' repertoire and AI as well.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 10-25-2017 at 02:19 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    One simple thing they could do is at least let party buffs hit pets. There actually was a way of doing until they patched it away this so it's clearly possible. Just throwing a pro/shell on pets was pretty nice
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    One simple thing they could do is at least let party buffs hit pets. There actually was a way of doing until they patched it away this so it's clearly possible. Just throwing a pro/shell on pets was pretty nice
    Being able to waltz the automaton was nice too, before they patched it.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Pet's do not need any buffs, they are already a gigantic issue and allow really silly battle strategies.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast