Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Server population overview tool to find a playerbase in your timezone

I would like to ask SE about implement a tool to give players the option to find a playerbase in your specific timezone, since playing with all regions on one server, especially with japanese, doesn't work out.

Beside the fact that i get angry sometimes and people feel offended, even when i didn't write anything about them personally, all german seemed to have left Phoenix. Most of the time the population on Phoenix doesn't even scratch 400+ in my main-playtime. At the moment i don't know anyone i could speak/write german with. If i didnt't forget some single player.
    Actually at 15.10.2017, 14:45 GMT+2 in germany its 867 player on Phoenix within the Japanese main-timeframe on Sunday, about 2h 15min to Japanese midnight.

I still like this game and don't want to stop, as long as i still have the smallest kind of support. But often i wish to have a wider EU-playerbase in my timezone. Or the possibility to find them, so i don't have to use the 14€ each 3 days to try it out. Or to have to create a new char in each still existing server.

m<(o.O)"M~~~ *highpaw*
    (2)

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    There is only one answer: Asura. Haven't you heard
    (0)

Player
    I heared from Asura to drain the people from other servers.
    But i'm not sure, if Asura is the solution for everything.
    I may try it out with a new char, just to see if the bad attitude that ppl shall have there is wrong.
    But i would still love a constantly updated tool like the server status list on the POL-website for EU/NA/JP player population. Maybe not updated in a 5 min rhythm.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    People from Asura are not 'draining people from other servers'.

They are suggesting move to Asura because, the odd's are, you will have a better gaming experience and play the game as a MMORPG is intended to be played (with actual people).

There are good and bad people everywhere, on Asura you get to spot the trolls quickly, so there is always the /blist option.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Justuas View Post
    There is only one answer: Asura. Haven't you heard
    No, that is the obvious place to NOT go. Enjoy your 30m+ ambuscade queues and everything being overcrowded/camped. This game is NOT meant to be played with 3.5k server populations, heck, my server had like 2k people online at prime time during 2007-2009.

You're going to quickly find out that telling everyone to come to your server will be a gigantic issue.
    (1)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Asura usually has 1,200-1,600 players online at a time, 2k at most.
    (0)

Player
    I'm on Asura, and I'm actually shocked when Ambuscade queue goes over 15min. Normally it's in the 5-10min range, frequently next in line when I sign up.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    No, that is the obvious place to NOT go. Enjoy your 30m+ ambuscade queues and everything being overcrowded/camped. This game is NOT meant to be played with 3.5k server populations, heck, my server had like 2k people online at prime time during 2007-2009.

You're going to quickly find out that telling everyone to come to your server will be a gigantic issue.
    Just out of curiosity, have you actually ever played on Asura?

What you're saying is what I thought Asura would be like when I was playing on Fenrir. After I got fed up playing in what essentially was a ghost town, I made the move to Asura and found the rumours to be vastly exaggerated.

I actually wished I had moved over sooner.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Why do I have to play on asura to see people from asura stream the game and sit in 30 minute ambu queues?

Why do I have to play on asura to see people from asura stream the game and sit in omen queues?

Why do I have to play on asura to see people from asura stream the game and sit in queues for htbfs?

Why do I have to play on asura to see people from asura stream the game and see every apex mob camp taken?

Why do I have to play on asura to look at ffxiah shouts and see this: «Ambuscade» #1 VD «Looking for members.» «Veteran» RUN-Epeo NIN-Aeonic 5/6?

Or that 20% of the shouts are people mercing, or looking to merc items.

Asura is NOT the answer for everyone, STOP telling people to go there.

What the OP is doing is great, seeing which servers(that aren't the reddit approved server) have high volumes of players during x time so people can see which server is best for them. Stop telling everyone to go to asura.
    (3)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 10-17-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Player
    OP: I'm not sure how useful a tool like that would be. SE won't even do the censuses anymore so they don't have to say what the actual game population is after all.. I doubt we'd get anything beyond something similar to the server status tool, with something like "High" to "Low" generic population indicators.

As far as the suggestion to move to Asura goes, I can say that I do have several EU players in my (primarily social) linkshell, but no Germans as far as I know. At the very least, you should be able to find a linkshell that is active during your regular playtime, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's actually German-only linkshells running around. If you make the move and want a social to get started with, send me a tell and I'll be happy to give you a pearl. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Why do I have to play on asura to see people from asura stream the game and sit in 30 minute ambu queues?

Why do I have to play on asura to see people from asura stream the game and sit in omen queues?

Why do I have to play on asura to see people from asura stream the game and sit in queues for htbfs?

Why do I have to play on asura to see people from asura stream the game and see every apex mob camp taken?

Why do I have to play on asura to look at ffxiah shouts and see this: «Ambuscade» #1 VD «Looking for members.» «Veteran» RUN-Epeo NIN-Aeonic 5/6?

Or that 20% of the shouts are people mercing, or looking to merc items.

Asura is NOT the answer for everyone, STOP telling people to go there.

What the OP is doing is great, seeing which servers(that aren't the reddit approved server) have high volumes of players during x time so people can see which server is best for them. Stop telling everyone to go to asura.
    There are never queues for Omen, rarely run into waiting for HTBFs unless you are doing Levi, and there are more Apex camps in the game besides Dho Gates so try finding the other ones besides the Crab Bowl before panicking. V1VD is now actually worthy of the clvl assigned to it (the tripled HP IS brutal,) and PUGs always ask for more than what's actually needed regardless of which game you're playing to compensate for not knowing if you are a decent player. If you have the gear, it can be assumed that you should have at least a tiny clue about playing your job and won't drag down the group. (I have no REMAs btw, so even if I understand where it's coming from, it does exclude me as well. ^^;; Still not anything new and/or special about it.)

The merc thing is rather annoying to me too, but I feel that it's in large part symptomatic of the HP scaling in Geas Fete discouraging players from trying to tackle the higher end mobs with larger groups than the barest minimum possible. I know that I could scrape up a full alliance of decent+ players in decent+ gear who'd love to clear out the stuff that mercs deal with, but it's going to be a near mathematical impossibility to down things w/ 18man worth of NM HP when everyone is not geared enough to carry their own weight (well over double the 6man baseline HP at that point.) The only other content that you are going to see merc'ing around is Omen, which is something that is impossible to succeed solo at with highly desirable drops. I doubt that is going to be much different on other servers, just less frequent since there are fewer players around.

Also, when someone complains about a lack of population on their current server, the most common response would be to move to a more heavily populated server. Which would be Asura in this case. From what I've heard, it's the only server left with a large non-JP population. If any other server can match it's population density, please let us all know so we can share the good news.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast