Player

Abyssea Jug PET peave

Does anyone notice that Jug Pet's while they hit pretty hard inside Abyssea with the right atma's like RR & VV but their special attacks do almost no dmg at all! Yet if you step outside of Abyssea and do the same attack on an mob your looking at well over 1000+ dmg. Why can't these attacks be enhanced for Abyssea foes? It would make sense right?
    (0)

Its the level correction if i remember right?
    (0)

Player
    Could be the reason but I still think pet special attacks should be enhanced while inside of Abyssea. I'd personally like to see the same 1000-2000 dmg attack to an easy prey that you would get on the ouside as opposed to the 150-500dmg attack you get inside Abyssea. Just sayin! ;P
    (0)

Yah i always found that rather annoying... But i think it is due to level correction :X Enemies have strong level corrections.

Its apparent when you charm something like the Manta in qufim and sic it on mobs there, It'll rape face.
    (0)

From what i can tell this is a combination of the lvl difference as well as the fact that pet WS's do not get stat mods.

You can use atmas to jack up a pets stats individually and test out there "ready manuevers" to test this yourself if u want.

The only thing that seems to actually effect the damage is "attack".

Right now the best numbers i have gotten is RR and Apoc. I use VV for the third because it helps me and provides regen wich helps the pet be ready at each 1 minute charge. Used with lucky lulush for footkick. It seems to be one of the only pet WS's that can crit. The damage jumps around from 1k-1800 on abyssea stuff.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    From what i can tell this is a combination of the lvl difference as well as the fact that pet WS's do not get stat mods.

You can use atmas to jack up a pets stats individually and test out there "ready manuevers" to test this yourself if u want.

The only thing that seems to actually effect the damage is "attack".

Right now the best numbers i have gotten is RR and Apoc. I use VV for the third because it helps me and provides regen wich helps the pet be ready at each 1 minute charge. Used with lucky lulush for footkick. It seems to be one of the only pet WS's that can crit. The damage jumps around from 1k-1800 on abyssea stuff.
    What were you fighting for these numbers? Why do you think pet ready moves don't get improvements from stat mods?

I can say from my own testing, that attack certainly shows an improvement. It also seems to me that Ferine head and hands help a good deal (I've been swapping them in for ready moves along w/ mirke)

I don't have trouble hitting over 1000 w/ attack buffs in abyssea, but thats only been on EP's. Pet pdif caps at 4.2 and I've not been able to cap it in abyssea yet. Granted, I could use a few more attack atma, but so far its really not close.
    I'm not sure if what modifiers there are for ready moves. MAB does improve charged whiskers and cursed sphere, but I'm not sure what other stats might. Guess I should try dex and int like the blue mage version.

I feel like I'll probalby have to wait for level 99 or aymur to be able to cap pdif in abyssea for pet.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Those were exp party numbers.

That drops down on NMs but not by much. Im just not usually using full offensive atmas on an NM tho.

And yeh i said atk effects the dmg. And yeh mab n stuff like that works.

By stats i was refering to str dex vit int mnd chr. i havent been able to see any improvements on pet tp moves by raising base stats.
    (0)

it is stupid, the numbers for TP moves should be scaled to their normal proportion to the pet's standard melee numbers. I'm, really disappointed by Fatso's Drainkiss numbers as an example, it would seem that with my normal atma set he should be doing about 650 per drainkiss, not the 178 I seem to average. although I never used it with that +drain Atma, hmm...
    (0)