Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Warusha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

September Crafting Update Complaint

The crafting update didn't add to the success of high quality synthesis in a meaningful way. I hope this is addressed soon.
    (3)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    What exactly do you mean by this?

Are you saying that the increase to HQ probability is so small that you don't notice the difference, or are you saying that the actual %s weren't provided?
    (0)

Player
    Pretty sure he meant the former.
    (2)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well, the way he worded it was kinda wonk.

So, is it true that the increase to HQ synths is barely noticeable whatsoever? If so, then what's the point of even doing that?
    (0)

Player
    Seemed pretty straightforward to me, and yeah, pretty sure all 3 of us are on the same page on that.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I see a lot of people saying this but haven't seen any actual solid testing yet. Mostly just eyeballing or small like 100 synth samples. I'd wait till that comes out first unless you were actually expecting everything to get shifted up a tier or something
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I expected everything to be moved up a tier, because items that give less than a 1% DPS increase costing as much if not more than a RMEA is absolutely insane.

Crafting availability and prices are completely out of control and really needed to be fixed. At this point most crafted HQ items are "Hey look at me I'm rich and have nothing to spend gil on" and not actually a form of progression a normal player can work towards.

This is also two updates in a row that don't fix anything they intended to fix, I'm not really sure what's going on.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 09-16-2017 at 04:09 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    I see a lot of people saying this but haven't seen any actual solid testing yet. Mostly just eyeballing or small like 100 synth samples. I'd wait till that comes out first unless you were actually expecting everything to get shifted up a tier or something
    To be fair, the crafting update changes as presented really should jump out even in a sample of 100. If you didn't see a difference in T0 over the course of 100 synths then that would be worrying. Or maybe the changes were just that minor in which case what was the point?
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    To be fair, the crafting update changes as presented really should jump out even in a sample of 100. If you didn't see a difference in T0 over the course of 100 synths then that would be worrying. Or maybe the changes were just that minor in which case what was the point?
    Depends on what you call minor. Even doubling or possibly tripling T0 and assuming the people doing this had precise known old values for their situation (doubtful since it wasn't tested the best over the years) you could easily not see a difference in 100. We'd need like 5 times that sample with much better testing conditions to really tell hence why I say wait and see... but serious math oriented crafts are making shields or doing content/campaigns right now so might be a little while. Plus T0 was one of the fuzziest ones. idk I'm almost done grinding thru 200 Ichor so maybe I'll throw a mule on getting a decent sample

Also iirc from some of the jp notes the main point was for the new rings. Something about how the various effects added together was making the rings suck so I'd guess most of the change would be how +hq rate helps. Might even depend on tiers somewhat since the only tests I know of on Rusks showed small but definite increases on a low level t1 but no change on a higher level t2
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 09-16-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    In case anyone is curious a couple of people have done some preliminary testing with a few thousand sample size

The tl;dr is base rate seems more or less the same (at least on T1) but that +hq rate provides rather meaningful increases now and well esctrucheon will likely blow kupo shield out of the water any time you aren't breaking into another tier and even then T0-T1 might be close
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast