Character
    Nelyus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Dark Knight and Great Swords

Hello,

Dark Knight used to be the expert at Great Swords but it has been left behind far too long and now with Rune Fencer around, it is even worst.

We need an Aeonic Great Sword for Dark Knight.
    Also, Dark Knight needs it's A+ on Great Sword.
    It's a shame a tank out do a damage dealer on its 15 years expertise skill.
    Best would be to have Lionheart be War Pld Drk Run.
    Or please add a new Aeonic Great Sword for Dark Knight, or War Pld Drk.

Thank you.
    (2)
    Nel.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    They had the highest rank (at the time), they were never the expert hence A- skill, and why Should the job with A+ skill not use it better than the ones with A-, B+ OR B? DRK's weapon is Scythe, that should be improved not great sword for them.

So you want the Aeonic scythe destroyed? It is very clear they only want one weapon per job on Aeonic's.
    (1)

Character
    Nelyus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Ninja had A- for years with Katana,
    Now its A+ , always had been the Ninja as Katana expert,
    As Dark Knight with Great Swords.
    So Dark Knight has been the Great swords experts since FFXI came out.

Also, BRD gets Aeonic dagger and instrument. ...having B- with dagger!
    PLD gets Aeonic sword and shield ... having A+ in both shield and sword.
    RNG gets Aeonic bow and gun! ... having A+ in both marksmanship and archery.
    It's not only 1 aeonic per job...

Why limit Dark Knight to Scythe only when so many people likes to use Great Sword on Dark Knight? Its an RPG, please give us options to personalise our characters.

I have been playing Dark Knight for about 14 years now, almost never used Scythe.
    It's not about killing aeonic scythe, its about killing all of us, Dark Knights fans of Great Swords. Putting so much efforts into Ragnarok and Caladbolg afterglow.

It is about time we get A+ on great sword and that we get Mythic/Ergon and Aeonic Great Swords options!

Why could RUN have option to use tanking Ergon or DD Aeonc greatswords when Dark Knight won't even get the option to make ultimate skillchain on greatswords?
    I think not only Lionheart should be War Pld Drk Run, but I think there should also be an Ergon or Mythic Greatsword for DRK.

Please consider at least adding a DRK Aeonic great sword if Lionheart is meant to be RUN only.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nelyus; 09-17-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    Nel.

Character
    Aqeeb
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Dark Knight with a great sword is just a mindless one button mash DD that falls behind because the job isnt being used to its potential in that use, frustrating the player. Ive always enjoyed scythe far more than the great sword. The solo multi step ability you gain from using scythe really makes the job fun. When i play DRK and want to focus on Damage output Anguta answers the call, when i want to solo multi step my damage output Liberator really shines, if i find ive pulled too much enmity and need to survive Apocalypse has my back, when i need to play DRK but really just want to watch another episode of whatever Caladbolg and Ragnarok require 10% attention and keep up good damage. That being said i believe the only thing that needs worked on ("balancing") for DRK is Redemption, i just cant find a use that Anguta or Liberator cant out perform it. Now if Great Sword got more skillchain options/properties AND a mythic/Aeonic or totally new line of weapon i of course would not mind.
    (0)