Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Pharmasy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 6
    I agree with your opinion.
    FFXI is an environment where foreign players and Japanese players can easily interact. In spite of that, I believe that tools and means to overcome language barriers are unsatisfactory.
    In order to enjoy various contents which exist now, many more tools such as automatic translation are necessary.
    I appreciate your polite reply.
    I want English forum to become more active. I would like to say to the management team about that in the Japan Forum as well.
    Thankyou!!
    (3)

2. 08-24-2017 01:36 AM
    Reason
    重複

Character
    Pharmasy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 6
    Thank you for your reply!
    I did not know the situation that the English forum was inactive.
    And I am surprised at that fact.
    I think both English-speaking players and Japanese players are important.
    Therefore, I do not know the reason for the correspondence of the management team that does not reply.
    This has to be improved.
    Thank you for letting me know important issues! !
    (3)

Character
    Pharmasy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 6
    The management team sometimes says. "There are few employees engaged in development"
    Once you hear this, I will not be able to say anything.
    But I do not think this situation is good.
    I am glad that I will be happy if this problem goes into solution little by little.
    I am delighted with your reply.
    Thank you!
    (2)

Player
    A while back, our primary Community Representative "Camate" left his position and we have not been notified that it has been filled, so the lack of communication on this side is probably due to that.

You should look at our Dev Tracker. We get nearly zero postings except for monthly update notices...
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Pharmasy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 6
    It is a problem that the existence of the community representative "Camate" is gone.
    That is really regrettable.
    What happened after "Camate" left?
    I will ask the operation team.

I saw Dev Tracker.
    I thought that was synonymous with no response.
    Currently there seem to be six major administrators.
    It is that there are only six people shrinking.
    I do not know who is in charge of overseas service.
    I think I'm going to ask about this, but I doubt if the answer will come back.
    (0)

Character
    Nitenichi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    よろしくですー

I think most if not all want to play together, the problem is communication by far. I am pretty good at trying to get acquainted with other players and helping out. I think the times that I have been allowed to play with Japanese or 一緒にやりませんか it has gone well. However unless the translate that I use makes sense sometimes not sure or clear of the direction of the leader. Would love to see a more unified community. Thanks for reaching out and making this post.
    (1)

Character
    Nasugo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklaser View Post
    ...I would very much like to see a relaunch of FFXI with upgraded technology and some graphical updates to bring it more into the modern era. FFXI doesn't need to be completely redone, a slight facelift could be enough to attract new players or more of a reason to try and get more people one knows to play.
    Already happening with Unreal Engine 4 To my knowledge, it's still being headed by Nexon as a reboot for mobile devices with oversight from the original FFXI team (correct me if I'm wrong about the last part).

Although it's been said that it's for mobile phones / tablets (the Snapdragon 845 is looking to be pretty powerful - the previous 835 is going to run full versions of Win 10 soon), it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be "Oops! And we're also bringing it to PC and Consoles, too. Because." sort of situation. SE flat-out lied to everyone when it said it was working on "Another MMO project that might not even be Final Fantasy related" way back when FFXI was peaking; they admitted later that they knew full well that it was going to be a full-on, numbered, Final Fantasy title without any inkling of an idea of it being anything but (turned into the original FFXIV before A Realm Reborn happened).

From what's been released, I'm going to put my marble count in it being a fairly faithful port of the original game (I think they said they would launch with up through the Rise of the Zilart campaign / right up to but not including Chains of Promathia, but a plan to eventually get everything through Rhapsodies of Vana'diel remade) but:

*Free to play

*Boost micotransactions
    -----"Pay $4.99 for 3 EXP potions that increase your Experience Point gain by 25%-50% for 1 hour!" or somesuch, hopefully just limiting boosts to the "You still have to work for it, but you can get it a bit faster" micro-trans category that seems to be mostly "Gamer-Approved as Fair™"

*Cosmetic microtransactions, like special outfits or the ability to dye parts of existing outfits different colors.

*Some sort of Trust-like "Gacha" mechanic, where different trusts are obtained from a Loot-Crate system.

Which makes sense for a mobile game. They said they are gearing content to be back to the originally intended "2-3 people roaming and killing things 'adventuring'" design. This would let a random person log in with their phone, summon their favorite Trust character or two, get some sort of login / activity currencies, level for a bit, talk to friends, and log off in a relatively short period of time. Later, when they have more time, they can party up with a few real people / friends to tackle BCNM / Quest / Mission fights that need more coordination.

Who knows, though - we could get the "6 people fighting Incredibly Tough monsters for hours on end without spending a dime" experience as well as a "me and my trusts / a friend or two with some paid exp boost potions" scenario.

With the right values, I think all that could turn into a very fair, balanced, profitable progression system that would bring in players. Hard-core people can play and earn things with time and effort like the old days, but others can keep up with their friends with paid potions and boosts. Both groups can partake in cosmetics and other such item festivities, all in lieu of a subscription model. I think The Elder Scrolls Online and Black Desert have survived mostly on this type of mechanic implementation after abandoning the "subscription-fee-to-play-at-all" model (though I think they bundle some currency and boosts into an optional monthly fee now).

(Somewhere) it was mentioned that Final Fantasy XI was the most profitable Final Fantasy, period. It would make a whole lot of sense, financially / business-wise / gamer-wise, to keep what made the game good, add-in a few modern conveniences, and release it to a new generation of gamers (as well as all of the older folks that saw the first one come and go ). Most of the criticism I heard about XI was the time commitment and not being able to get a group together. If they can get some good onboarding / tutorial mechanics in as well as a robust Trust NPC/AI system to make even small bursts of solo / low-man gameplay feel rewarding, I think SE could carve out and revive a good segment of the "dying / aging" MMO market again with an accessible, proven, AAA title that's learned from past mistakes and current industry trends and innovations to truly become a hit (again).

Sorry for being a bit off topic :X! I'm just super excited and hopeful for all players, English, Japanese, or otherwise, to get back into the FFXI experience again.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2