Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Pic would lead you to believe that so something like maybe increased chance to get chest floor maybe... but wouldn't be the first time SE's had red herrings in the pictures that go with little things like that lol. But maybe lights mean the spectral light you get when completing objective so can get even more cards!!! Not sure really, will be fun to find out. Mad dash to figure out whether should still just do card farms or boss runs
    It does say:
    * If the first light is a good one, the second will not appear.
    That makes me think that a 2nd warp light thingy will show up if the 1st one is not a treasure floor. I can not come up w/ a single alternative that makes sense with the quoted line. :/ Also, the warps are referenced in-game as "larger light" and "smaller light" IIRC.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Small light just for the mid boss skip.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It does say:

That makes me think that a 2nd warp light thingy will show up if the 1st one is not a treasure floor. I can not come up w/ a single alternative that makes sense with the quoted line. :/ Also, the warps are referenced in-game as "larger light" and "smaller light" IIRC.
    Problem is the wording is weird for that. That warp light line you get is from completing the primary objective on any floor including chest floors themselves while you only get the warps to the chest floor from bosses. On top of that the known triggers for chest floor are omen number related completely divorced from getting light on those kills. But the rest of the line says about when defeating monsters which pretty much rules out secondary objectives but also puts primary in not the best spot since you can get a free floor though that is rarer so might just be an oversight

As already said the larger and smaller have to do with path the rest of the warps all look the same and there are no choices well outside of Ou runs. Another odd thing this would be the first time the game would give us pre knowledge of a chest floor. Normally it's hit the warp and bam if it sends you somewhere else while giving you a weird message you win

Also to note that light messages both for primary and secondary are part of the acknowledgement for credit towards a card. So the full notes on this if all of it is taking literally and assuming no translation issues gives mixed messages. I fear something may have been lost in translation
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 08-27-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Problem is the wording is weird for that. That warp light line you get is from completing the primary objective on any floor including chest floors themselves while you only get the warps to the chest floor from bosses. On top of that the known triggers for chest floor are omen number related completely divorced from getting light on those kills. But the rest of the line says about when defeating monsters which pretty much rules out secondary objectives but also puts primary in not the best spot since you can get a free floor though that is rarer so might just be an oversight

As already said the larger and smaller have to do with path the rest of the warps all look the same and there are no choices well outside of Ou runs. Another odd thing this would be the first time the game would give us pre knowledge of a chest floor. Normally it's hit the warp and bam if it sends you somewhere else while giving you a weird message you win

Also to note that light messages both for primary and secondary are part of the acknowledgement for credit towards a card. So the full notes on this if all of it is taking literally and assuming no translation issues gives mixed messages. I fear something may have been lost in translation
    Quote Originally Posted by POL
    Omen Light Double-Up Campaign
    Omen will experience the following adjustments.
    Two Omen lights will be activated when vanquishing monsters.
    * If the first light is a good one, the second will not appear.
    Weird wording, yes, but it makes even less sense for it to apply towards objectives with the disclaimer included. Since they reference the warp points ingame as "lights", extra shot at a treasure floor seems like the highest probability. If it said "vanquishing notorious monsters" or the like, it would be clear that what I'm thinking is correct. But "good one" could also mean "completes the related objective", in which case I can get what you're saying, but it feels like a bigger stretch to reach that gap in translation.

One big problem with it being objective lights is.. How could it apply to stuff like multistep sc? >_>;;
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Problem is they reference everything but omens as a light in there. Start a floor get told to follow the light and tells you your objective same with secondary. Complete secondary a faint light twinkles. Complete a primary a spectral light flares up. Touching a warp asks you if you want to go into the light (or little light on floor 2) on every floor even ones that can't get chests. Except the last floor which asks you if you want to escape and you can still get a chest after that so idk

Then there is how the game works in terms of omens are what makes your warp be a good one. No matter how you try to take this it requires stretching something a bit... well except secondary objectives that's a huge stretch.

My take is. If it really is chest then what they really meant to say was omens instead of lights. If they really meant lights you are just getting double credit for primary and forgot you can get free floors as the rest are defeating monsters even if they are specific about them.

If it's the first holy heck translation error but yay I guess we will get greater insight into which omens are what proc chest floor and can start using that info on completing runs. If second yay even more cards I guess
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I wouldn't terribly complain about a perma bonus for CP. Not everyone gets to ride the CP gravy train, and the fact that train exists at all should warrant some kind of base CP increase for everyone else who aren't in linkshells(don't get me wrong, being in an active LS as always is do'in it right)or maybe paying a LS for their CP. What is the xp count to max JP? Like 60+ million? I mean, come on lol. Any adjustment they'd be willing to make to it is meaningless to balance but it'd be a welcomed adjustment by everyone who only ever hears about the mega f-ton of JP gains cookie cutter setups get.

Other than that, eh I don't really care. I guess it'd be a bad thing for the game as it is today. The campaigns are nice and those should stay, I don't know how those are considered a bad thing by anyone.

I don't care for the TH2 suggestion, however. I was heavily against any TH existing outside of THF/ or /THF because it takes away a very important reason to play THF and we know for an absolute fact after tremendous amounts of testing over the years, not only by myself but others willing to keep track in the name of learning how XI functions, that anything beyond TH3 is basically insignificant TH boosts, and TH3 is very slightly better than TH2 which is a fair boost over TH1 as TH1 was a fair boost over TH0. That TH12 or 14whatever the cap is is a very tiny FU consolation prize to THF. I understand the desire for increased drop rates but other jobs just need some investment into farming TH gear and you can basically never play THF again or never have to worry about leveling it.

*shrug* Before no one wanted to carry THF around because their groups took DPS hits in the name of TH so for some reason SE agreed with that mentality and gave other jobs TH instead of boosting THF ._. then they were like, oh crap we killed THF and boosted THF ._. then again, oh crap we boosted too much let's take it away ._. It's always amusing, man. They've been trying to balance the jobs since XI launched. All they can do is give nice boosts to each job here and there as time passes and the cycle repeats from there.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

I'll be honest, been away for months, I'd just like to see more done to let people solo. I love Vanadiel, I love the world building, I love the mechanics of the game, I love the characters etc. And I love seeing other people around, and interacting with them in my own way on my own terms. But I don't have any close friends who play anymore, and pick up groups these days are just not very fun. I just resubbed to tinker a bit but I am unlikely to stick around for more than a month because the game sub is incredibly expensive, and because it's so tedious to make any progress solo.

I'd like to see ways for solo players to make decent CP, and to work on stuff like ambuscade gear solo, without having to use 3rd party tools to optimize and swap gear automatically. Basically, I'd just like them to think of laddering people a bit more like a single player game so that there is a way to do most everything in the game on your own time, in your own way without having to team up.

I do like grouping, but only if people are chill and social about it. Basically, I don't play videogames to be stressed out, so most groups are really not my cup of tea these days. I'm no superstar player, and I never will be, and I don't want to ruin anyone's run by being a dirty casual. I'd rather derp around by myself without pressure. But there isn't really a clear, enjoyable path to improving my character (other than grinding a super weapon, which bores me to tears everytime I try).

I know folks will chime in to say "but, but it is an MMO" and I say... yeah and subs are what keeps this machine rolling. As long as soloing is less efficient than grouping, lots of folks will group. I just want a path forward, not the best path forward. Because I do like the game and I want it to last.

Currently a lot of my best gear is from the gobbie box and... well seriously, that's the worst way to help casual or solo players because outside of a quick login to get your lotto, it doesn't encourage people to actually play the game. I'd rather them scale back all the lotteries and scale up the usefulness of trusts so that people can make progress solo better.
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 09-14-2017 at 01:22 PM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Single player games are for soloing.
    This game is already incredibly solo friendly.
    (2)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7