Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Ambuscade armor Vouchers not switched with Tokens under Total Hallmarks for 3rd month

Is this an error on not switching between Ambu armor set Vouchers with Tokens under Total Hallmarks category? I get that for two months in a row wasn't really a deal
    (to some people, probably) but 3rd month... What's up? Or is it because the armor sets gained from vouchers are upgrade-able to +2's the case? While on the topic, any plans for the +2 token armor sets?
    (2)

Character
    Esmrambo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why not switch back and forth every other month, instead of no change for 3 months?
    (0)

Player
    I'm betting they're leaving it like this so that its easier to get the sets that can be +2'd.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Should only be 1 voucher in the first place. One voucher, lets you buy any set. Shouldn't make gearing some jobs more inconvenient/longer/annoying than others.
    (1)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Should only be 1 voucher in the first place. One voucher, lets you buy any set. Shouldn't make gearing some jobs more inconvenient/longer/annoying than others.
    ^^
    This.

Especially when the majority of the jobs' Voucher armors have weird stats that make them undesirable to MOST jobs, such as most melee DPS getting a heaping load of PDT on their Sulevia's. I can't think of very many DRGs, DRKs, etc that want a load of PDT. Or how about the THF Voucher gear that is loaded with Ranged Attack/R. Accuracy/Snapshot/etc? lol.

Many jobs get shafted on the Voucher armors so they want Token armors, but.... Tokens cannot be upgraded, there is no +2, and they are never on Total Hallmarks.
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Especially when the majority of the jobs' Voucher armors have weird stats that make them undesirable to MOST jobs, such as most melee DPS getting a heaping load of PDT on their Sulevia's. I can't think of very many DRGs, DRKs, etc that want a load of PDT. Or how about the THF Voucher gear that is loaded with Ranged Attack/R. Accuracy/Snapshot/etc? lol.
    I have no problem with -dt on my armor for Drg. While it does eat into the other stats that the armor could have, a lot of monsters have AoE attacks that as a melee, have to be in range for. Drg may not need as much as a Pld or Run, or someone attempting to tank does, but having some on pieces with other good DD stats is nice. Did you ever think the intent of that -dt is so that the melee's can stay alive longer to do their job against harder targets without sponging up all the healers mp? If it ends up being the difference between getting 1-shot by random nasty mob attack or not, better believe I'll have it on. As while it may be suboptimal for dps, a live DD is usually better than a dead one.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You make a -dt macro and don't fulltime DT gear.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    You make a -dt macro and don't fulltime DT gear.
    Which is the exact reason that -dt sets are optional for DPS. It's something nice to have, but not something you want to go rushing to get right away.

But yet, the -dt armor is the thing that's always up on Total Hallmarks, which means you gotta work harder to get your actual set (and let's not EVEN talk about the unfairness of being able to +2 the -dt set but NOT the actual DPS set)... meanwhile, a WHM or offensive caster for example gets their main set just handed to them through total hallmarks.

It's an unfair system that punishes some jobs and rewards others arbitrarily for no reason.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, the system is really bad. Medium/ranger/heavy jobs don't get a TP set, they only get a WS set for total hallmarks. Mages and healers get lucky.
    (0)

Player
    JPside Dev Post: Might not make it in time for Sep. update, but they will be getting changed soon.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast