Character
    Trulusia
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Give PUP new daggers.

I have no expectation that H2H is going to be fixed any time soon. I've become fine with that. Instead I propose something else.

I've discovered that I can do comparable damage with Arasy Knives. Using Viper Bite. In fact, that damage is actually pretty good, and it forces Arcuballista. So instead I would like for PUP to get put on a new knife. Perhaps something SU3, so that the stats are pretty decent. They don't need any sort of pet stats either, just a decent chuck of accuracy(+20 is honestly fine), some DEX would be nice(+10 is plenty) and a decent DMG rating(112 is fine).

Literally just that. Come'on SE, be a pal. I'm not joking, I really have started using Arasy Knives over my H2H options. Give me better knives.
    (2)

Player
    Honestly the best thing I've seen today. We would probably have better DPS if they removed the stupid Martial Arts nerf because of MNK. Really they just need to remove a lot of things and start working for the player balance again. I'm pretty sure if the did just that, there'd be a large PUP community.
    (0)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Marada View Post
    Honestly the best thing I've seen today. We would probably have better DPS if they removed the stupid Martial Arts nerf because of MNK. Really they just need to remove a lot of things and start working for the player balance again. I'm pretty sure if the did just that, there'd be a large PUP community.
    What MA nerf? O.o I have not heard of one. (Seriously asking as I really have not heard of any nerfs to Martial Arts basically ever.)

You should join my lobby and call for a reworking of the way that DW/MA delay is applied. ^^ I believe that it would reopen quite a few equipment options if the TP penalty only applied to the amount of DW/MA that's required to hit the 80% cap AFTER all other haste effects (instead of before and full value like now.) For instance, I believe that KKK is a personal damage loss due to the overcapped MA that a master PUP has when using it.. There are pieces that I avoid for my THF because they have DW+ on them, which puts me over the required 36%.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    What MA nerf? O.o I have not heard of one. (Seriously asking as I really have not heard of any nerfs to Martial Arts basically ever.)

Sorry I worded it wrong. It is about the TP penalty. Because of that our DPS gets shot badly, and makes KKK not a completely desirable weapon due to it's MA stat. I hear the Aftermath takes care of that, but I'm not so sure.
    (0)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    You should join my lobby and call for a reworking of the way that DW/MA delay is applied. ^^ I believe that it would reopen quite a few equipment options if the TP penalty only applied to the amount of DW/MA that's required to hit the 80% cap AFTER all other haste effects (instead of before and full value like now.) .
    Yeah they were talking about something like that awhile ago... then decided it was too hard and just added Daken instead. Problem solved right? :P
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Yeah they were talking about something like that awhile ago... then decided it was too hard and just added Daken instead. Problem solved right? :P
    Well, I imagine that it would require a reworking of the actual TPgen formula in the backend, so "too hard to do" might be genuine. I know I would not want to be the guy responsible for messing with one of the bottom pieces of the impossibly tall Jenga tower that is FFXI coding. XD

As is, it's likely to be a pure "TPgained=(1-DW/MA)x(delay)x(1+StoreTP)" type formula atm which only requires looking up the direct value of DW/MA. My request to move it to the end and cap it to the amount applied to reach delay cap would require an additional calculation of the applied haste before being able to determine TP gained, which does sound like a technically major change to a core combat system, which could cause bugs to happen. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be done, only that there would be actual effort involved to make it happen.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jopa
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Would it be more feasible if they just left the formula alone, and instead changed the trait to ability haste? Keep gear (and maybe JP/Gifts) as is so they don't have to go and balance the values on every individual piece of MA gear. Maybe change PUP's Martial Arts Job Point category and 550 Gift to automaton haste or something else (automaton skills+?).
    (0)
    Last edited by Jopa-Sopa; 07-03-2017 at 01:29 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jopa-Sopa View Post
    Would it be more feasible if they just left the formula alone, and instead changed the trait to ability haste? Keep gear (and maybe JP/Gifts) as is so they don't have to go and balance the values on every individual piece of MA gear. Maybe change PUP's Martial Arts Job Point category and 550 Gift to automaton haste or something else (automaton skills+?).
    I don't think so as that would require a full rebuild of the MA/DW traits as a whole. DW is applied as a direct percentage to the base delay before haste effects (which work on a n/1024 basis instead) and MA directly lowers delay (before haste effects) on a 1:1 basis IIRC.

I believe that it would be a simpler task to redo 1x TPgain formula so that DW/MA are applied at the end of the formula and reduction capped to match the amount that is actually applied, than rebuilding the entire system. Converting the system would require redoing every single thing that references the traits, including gear, merits, job points, gifts, etc. More changes required = more places for possible bugs to pop up as well.

There really aren't that many mobs with DW/MA, and even fewer unique cases. I'm not even sure that any NMs have unusual DW/MA interactions tbh. Altering the formula "should" be a lot safer than any sort of restructuring of the traits themselves. Spaghetti etc tho, so I can understand if the devs would be a bit gunshy of touching any of the base coding.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 07-03-2017 at 10:49 AM.