Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Turm's Subligars

Is there some reason why nobody is making these, but yet they are making every OTHER piece of the set?

On Sylph, you can go to the AH and you will see the whole Turm's set up (even if a bit pricey but that's to be expected), except the Subligar.

There's been 10+ sales of all the pieces, but the Subligar has only ever been sold 3 times since it was added to the game.

Is there some kind of reason why nobody will make/sell the Subligar? It's kind of frustrating to have the whole set minus legs...
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I'd guess cost has something to do with it. For the big money ingredients they all use macuil horn and Bztavian Wing and most of them just use 1-3 ore with it. But legs use an ore AND an ingot. Body also does but bodies always cost more and have higher stats.

2nd factor is also 2 of the jobs on Turms get to use Mummu Kecks +1 which is better than nq turms and the legs aren't really what RUN is looking for in stats.

3rd probably server. Mines sold 4 and 2 up. Though doubt many will go up given the last 3 were 4-5 mil and the cost to just synth 1 without breaks is 6.68 mil and it's T0
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 07-12-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well, I'm happy to report that someone did indeed finally stick one up on AH and we got it.

Thanks to whoever did that!

Anyways...

RE: @urmom:

I wasn't asking for myself (I main a BLU and thus need Pinga instead, but don't have 500JP yet), but I was asking for a family member who mains THF. Nobody wants a THF in Ambuscade, lol. Especially not one whose weapons and accessories are... not all that great, due to a lack of people wanting a THF for anything.

So, Mummu+1 is definitely not within our means to get, especially not for her.

But anyways, the point is kinda moot now that we do indeed have the whole set and that will probably be the best armor she could hope to obtain, unless they decided to make an Su4 set or something way down the line or make changes to THF that make them desirable in groups (lol, yeah right, suuuure).
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Might not be easy and I don't think Mummu has been up for awhile but Ambuscade was designed to be able to be done solo just takes longer. This months pretty easy anyways so really any DD will do. Also just because you main a job doesn't mean ya gotta farm ambuscade points on that job
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Might not be easy and I don't think Mummu has been up for awhile but Ambuscade was designed to be able to be done solo just takes longer. This months pretty easy anyways so really any DD will do. Also just because you main a job doesn't mean ya gotta farm ambuscade points on that job
    Solo +1 Ambu gear? that would take Forever, lol.

The thing of it is, THF is the only job she really has geared up whatsoever and there is a minimum amount of gear people expect; 117 Sparks gear just doesn't cut it in there. Need at least entry 119s.

But anyways, it's a moot point as still got the Turm's legs anyways, but thanks!
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Well it's not so bad if you have decent gear you can do VD vol 2 most months. So 55 runs to get to the 20k hallmark level for enough metals to upgrade a piece though not getting any gallantry sucks so I'd do that as a last resort. Still faster than getting su3 and farming gil for stuff lol
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Well it's not so bad if you have decent gear you can do VD vol 2 most months. So 55 runs to get to the 20k hallmark level for enough metals to upgrade a piece though not getting any gallantry sucks so I'd do that as a last resort. Still faster than getting su3 and farming gil for stuff lol
    Well, to be honest, we had more gil than we knew what to do with, and while getting Su3 takes time, Su3 is hardly the only reason to go get JPs, lol. Su3 is something you get naturally while progressing down the Gifts list, lol.

And I totally forgot about the upgrade system... you don't have to do all that in the same month, do you? Just get the piece you want to +1 and then go run Ambuscade to buy the upgrade items?

I've got a full suit of NQ Ayanmo for my BLU and I was kinda wondering if I should look at Pinga, but now that you mention this... is Ayanmo+1 better than Pinga? Pinga has a lot of magey stats, but Ayanmo has lots of melee stuff.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Well, to be honest, we had more gil than we knew what to do with, and while getting Su3 takes time, Su3 is hardly the only reason to go get JPs, lol. Su3 is something you get naturally while progressing down the Gifts list, lol.

And I totally forgot about the upgrade system... you don't have to do all that in the same month, do you? Just get the piece you want to +1 and then go run Ambuscade to buy the upgrade items?

I've got a full suit of NQ Ayanmo for my BLU and I was kinda wondering if I should look at Pinga, but now that you mention this... is Ayanmo+1 better than Pinga? Pinga has a lot of magey stats, but Ayanmo has lots of melee stuff.
    The Ambuscade upgrades can be done at your own pace, but you are limited by the number of metals you can get per month (and half the metals are stuck behind Gallantry at 1k/each, so you need to get at least 10k Gallantry per month to max them out.)

You answered your own question on the Pinga/Ayanmo issue. XD They are intended to be used for different roles. Actually, I'm not sure that Pinga is useful for anything other than FC/healing. :/
    Rather than either of those though, in general, your BLU would probably be better served with Jhakri since it has tons of both phys/magic acc/damage stats on it. You just have to cover for the lack of haste/hp/mp on it in other slots.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The Ambuscade upgrades can be done at your own pace, but you are limited by the number of metals you can get per month (and half the metals are stuck behind Gallantry at 1k/each, so you need to get at least 10k Gallantry per month to max them out.)

You answered your own question on the Pinga/Ayanmo issue. XD They are intended to be used for different roles. Actually, I'm not sure that Pinga is useful for anything other than FC/healing. :/
    Rather than either of those though, in general, your BLU would probably be better served with Jhakri since it has tons of both phys/magic acc/damage stats on it. You just have to cover for the lack of haste/hp/mp on it in other slots.
    The problem with stuff like Ambuscade Armors is that only a few sets are available each month, and you pretty much have to try and get the entire set in the same month which isn't always possible.

I already have Ayanmo (I got lucky), so that's why I was considering that. And as far as the different roles, sure, but see thing is, Pinga has more raw stats than NQ Ayanmo, but I wasn't sure about Ayanmo+1 (I find it rather annoying trying to compare armor sets because the wikis are not set up very well to do that, esp BG-Wiki).

----

So I compared the three body pieces: Ayanmo+1, Pinga, and Jhakri+1. I don't really see what is so great about Jhakri, other than the Accuracy and Attack on it... it is sorely lacking in most other Melee stats and has offensive mage stats on it (do those even apply to Physical BLU spells?), while Ayanmo has far more defensive stats on it, but is lacking in things like Refresh (I do like that Refresh +3, but eh... I'd be losing a lot to get it).

Pinga is indeed "eh"... I don't get why that's the only Su3 that BLU can wear. They could have at least given BLU the Turms set instead or something. *shrugs* Or let them choose. Either way... while Pinga has nice raw stats, it's completely lacking in anything a melee would want.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    The problem with stuff like Ambuscade Armors is that only a few sets are available each month, and you pretty much have to try and get the entire set in the same month which isn't always possible.

I already have Ayanmo (I got lucky), so that's why I was considering that. And as far as the different roles, sure, but see thing is, Pinga has more raw stats than NQ Ayanmo, but I wasn't sure about Ayanmo+1 (I find it rather annoying trying to compare armor sets because the wikis are not set up very well to do that, esp BG-Wiki).

----

So I compared the three body pieces: Ayanmo+1, Pinga, and Jhakri+1. I don't really see what is so great about Jhakri, other than the Accuracy and Attack on it... it is sorely lacking in most other Melee stats and has offensive mage stats on it (do those even apply to Physical BLU spells?), while Ayanmo has far more defensive stats on it, but is lacking in things like Refresh (I do like that Refresh +3, but eh... I'd be losing a lot to get it).

Pinga is indeed "eh"... I don't get why that's the only Su3 that BLU can wear. They could have at least given BLU the Turms set instead or something. *shrugs* Or let them choose. Either way... while Pinga has nice raw stats, it's completely lacking in anything a melee would want.
    BLU had solid options for most roles that it's capable of filling already, and the devs have been trying to keep BLU off of new melee stuff for a while now. ^^;; Jhakri has all of acc/atk/macc/mab on one set and some solid attr numbers, and shares with BLM/GEO, so I <3 it. Refresh+4 on the body+2 is really nice as well. :3

Basically, EVERY set is available every month for the last several months now. It's been a long time since they've used actual sets instead of tokens/vouchers, and I doubt those will be going away.

For physical blue magic, use your melee set. ^^;; Not super intuitive, but phys uses phys damage stats and formulas.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast