Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Vashkoda
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Songren has a point - spamming this thread isn't necessarily going to get you more attention from the devs. You can tell by how rarely we get any feedback from Sicycre that there is a bottleneck somewhere down the pipeline of: player complaints being recorded by the EN community team > EN team checking if the complaint meets some kind of standard (maybe based on how many people report it; especially if JPs complain too) or how feasible it is to fix by the small number of devs still working on FFXI > complaints translated to Japanese > complaints passed over to the JP devs > devs deciding if the issue is a priority > devs bothering to tell EN community team anything about their decision > EN community team reporting back to the playerbase.

The "bugs" part of the forum seems to use a different pipeline (a different dev decides if the report is written in enough detail to go to the "accepted bugs" folder, and then it's sent off to someone else to look at). Since those bug posts have to meet stricter guidelines than just regular forum posts, they may bypass some of the steps of the regular pipeline and improve your chances of a fix. For example, right now in the bug forum there's a very detailed complaint about PUP automaton ws's not working the way devs told us they should.

The problem with MNK, however, is that we can't actually prove that it's not working as intended. Yes, it's weaker compared to other melee jobs, but that's because it's designed for steady rapid "white" damage over time (consider what 'impetus' and 'subtle blow' are meant for). This was fine back in the day when other jobs had a hard time reaching haste/dual wield caps, since you were balancing the low-damage but rapid hits of MNK with the medium-damage but slow hits of heavy dds (who at least had high-damage WS's to round them out). However, with new gear and spell buffs, capping haste is no longer an issue, and the high delay of 2H weapons isn't even noticed when you're riding high levels of multi-attack and is actually a *good* thing for gaining TP faster so you can WS more often. In fact, MNKs now have the *opposite* issue, and low delay weapons (and especially 'martial arts traits') actually make you risk gaining TP *slower* than other jobs. The other rapid-melee jobs (THF, DNC) would normally be in the same sinking boat as MNK, but instead of martial arts, they have dual wield, which is much easier to fine-tune so that your TP gain isn't an issue. *And* those jobs have WS's that when paired with crit ja's, do damage on par with heavy melee jobs. MNK was not given similar treatment, probably because the devs wanted it to be more of a hybrid dd/tank (consider its HP traits, 'counter', 'dodge' and 'chakra'), which was indeed what we used it for in Abyssea and early Delve. There is simply no demand for that now, especially after enmity was fixed so that real tank jobs could actually hold hate off dds.

So you might have a hard time convincing Matsui that MNK is "broken" if it is still capable of filling the role he and the other devs have envisioned for it (similar to BST being 'nerfed' to try and force them to play the way he wants them to). Of course, the real issue here is that the game has simply advanced beyond the need for anything MNK can offer over other jobs. The solution is either to 1) introduce new content where MNK's advantages (HP level, formless strikes, subtle blow, blunt damage) are useful again (although the irony is that all of those except formless strikes can be given to other jobs through gear or spells), or 2) abandon the devs' vision for MNK as a unique damage dealer type, and turn it into another zerg job whose white damage attacks only serve to reach 100 TP so they can unleash all their power in a WS. I suppose a third option might be to increase MNK white damage (maybe an upgraded form of impetus that isn't wiped by misses) and nerf their WS's even further (due to impetus, maybe they won't even want to WS, which would also make their store TP issue a moot point). But that would mean having to be able to do something on the order of several thousand damage points per hit, multiple hits per second, in order to match the output heavy dd jobs can do using WS spam. And with SC and MB damage being such a big part of the current meta, you might still have to offer MNKs another perk to make it fair for them.

Either way, fixing MNK would either require the devs to abandon its unique damage style and change it from a dot job to a ws-zerg job (which I don't see them doing) or require a huge overhaul of how the job is played (which I don't see them having the programming staff to manage any more).
    (2)

Player
    They should change Boost into a percent based buff instead of a painfully low static value. As is, I'm pretty sure it's a damage LOSS to use it during combat in all situations.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by camaroz View Post
    I only understand the English language, also since you want to be smart:

"Don't complain here on the EVERYONE CAN REPLY part of the forum that you want only officials to reply, hard enough to get them to reply for confirmation of other things

anyways, our responce to Gaxe has nothing to do with you (camaroz)"
    my issue is not the thread itself, my issue is you spaming
    (0)

Character
    Nitenichi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    my issue is not the thread itself, my issue is you spaming
    Thanks for the bump
    (1)

Character
    Omittchi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Any changes to Monk have to carefully tread to not overpower pup. If it were my choice I would add a sub weapon that mods kick attacks. Something like shoe spikes that make kicks do piercing damage and then add a new merit weaponskill for monk only that is a kick instead of a punch and does a damage curve putting them in line with other DDs
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Omittchi View Post
    Any changes to Monk have to carefully tread to not overpower pup. If it were my choice I would add a sub weapon that mods kick attacks. Something like shoe spikes that make kicks do piercing damage and then add a new merit weaponskill for monk only that is a kick instead of a punch and does a damage curve putting them in line with other DDs
    Wouldn't adding a simple trait to monk post Lv 50 or in the Job Point area that improves the base damage of their H2H attacks work for all of this? Improve monk, and not overpower pup. After all, H2H weapons already work differently than other weapons by taking H2H skill into account for their base damage. Maybe call it something like Martial Mastery, and it maybe adds a set amount to the base damage, or increases the H2H Skill multiplier, either way resulting in an increased base damage. Which would help offset most DD jobs also being able to hit the attack delay caps.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3