Thread: Cure V

Character
    Smp
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Cure V

It's about time Red Mage (and Scholar) gets Cure V.

It's ridiculous for levels to go up to lv99 without introducing the next tier of Cure spell "Cure V"; and at the same time giving White Mage a brand new tier spell "Cure VI".

Also ridiculous that anybody can sub-job Red Mage to gain it's highest curing spell; which makes any job equal with primary Red Mage for access to curing spells.

I understand Red Mage is not meant to wield the highest level of magic (in either black or white); but Cure V isn't the highest level of white magic anymore.

Red Mage (and Scholar) was properly adjusted / upgraded for Dark Magic; being given Thunder V, Blizzard V, etc. but following this logic why was Cure V not added?

I understand back in 2003; Red Mage did originally have Cure V and it was later removed. I assumed because it wasn't balanced; but given the fact that the levels have gone up from lv75 to lv99; whatever reasons for its removal should no longer be applicable.

And the same can be said about Regen III.
    (3)

Player
    +1 RDM deserves a lot of things it doesn't have.

It doesn't really need cure 5, but it wouldn't affect anything negatively if given 5, so why not. I think RDM should have access to the highest regen tiers too.
    (3)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smp View Post

Red Mage (and Scholar) was properly adjusted / upgraded for Dark Magic; being given Thunder V, Blizzard V, etc. but following this logic why was Cure V not added?
    Cure V should definitely have been added with the rest of the tier 5 spells.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    No RDM doesn't need Cure V, Cure IV is already vastly superior and RDM gets that.

If you want a better healing role then what you need it Curaga III and for that to happen SE would need to make it level 49 WHM.

And before you start whining and crying here are the differences between Cure III / IV and V.

Cure III = Base cure power 70, Cure power HP hard cap 340
    Cure IV = Base cure power 140, Cure power HP hard cap 640
    Cure V = Base cure power 210, Cure power HP hard cap 780

Cure I ~ IV cure power is 1 Healing Magic Skill = 1 Cure power, Cure V is 5 Healing Magic Skill = 1 Cure power. This has the effect of making cure power harder to cap on Cure V then on the lower spells. And here is the sucker punch, RDM has trouble hitting Cure power cap on those lower spells because it's natural C- Healing Magic skill. In order for me to hit cure power cap as RDM/WHM I need to wear a lot of Vanya gear and work Cure potency in other slots, where as on WHM it's laughably easy to cap cure power.

So if SE magically gave RDM Cure V, you all would be extremely disappointed and would still suck at doing your job. Those big numbers you see WHM do are a result of JP, Cure Potency II and so much natural Healing Magic Skill that they can easily pile on MND to raise Cure power for Cure V. Also they naturally go /SCH and get the weather bonus while RDM is forced to choose /SCH weather and LA goodiness or /WHM for Curaga II / Stona / AoE barspells. Needing Cure V is an argument from over five years ago when Cure IV healed for 450 HP and people in Abyssea had 3000 HP. The cure formula adjustments for Cure I ~ IV were targeted at fixing Single Target healing on non-WHM jobs.
    (1)
    Last edited by saevel; 05-31-2017 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Smp
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    No RDM doesn't need Cure V, Cure IV is already vastly superior and RDM gets that.

If you want a better healing role then what you need it Curaga III and for that to happen SE would need to make it level 49 WHM.

And before you start whining and crying here are the differences between Cure III / IV and V.

Cure III = Base cure power 70, Cure power HP hard cap 340
    Cure IV = Base cure power 140, Cure power HP hard cap 640
    Cure V = Base cure power 210, Cure power HP hard cap 780

Cure I ~ IV cure power is 1 Healing Magic Skill = 1 Cure power, Cure V is 5 Healing Magic Skill = 1 Cure power. This has the effect of making cure power harder to cap on Cure V then on the lower spells. And here is the sucker punch, RDM has trouble hitting Cure power cap on those lower spells because it's natural C- Healing Magic skill. In order for me to hit cure power cap as RDM/WHM I need to wear a lot of Vanya gear and work Cure potency in other slots, where as on WHM it's laughably easy to cap cure power.

So if SE magically gave RDM Cure V, you all would be extremely disappointed and would still suck at doing your job. Those big numbers you see WHM do are a result of JP, Cure Potency II and so much natural Healing Magic Skill that they can easily pile on MND to raise Cure power for Cure V. Also they naturally go /SCH and get the weather bonus while RDM is forced to choose /SCH weather and LA goodiness or /WHM for Curaga II / Stona / AoE barspells. Needing Cure V is an argument from over five years ago when Cure IV healed for 450 HP and people in Abyssea had 3000 HP. The cure formula adjustments for Cure I ~ IV were targeted at fixing Single Target healing on non-WHM jobs.
    My post is game feedback for SE. Not start a debate.

I'm already aware of the stats.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm already aware of the stats.
    Then you wouldn't of made that post.
    (0)
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.

Character
    Smp
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Then you wouldn't of made that post.
    Sounds like you calling me a liar.

I said I didn't want to debate it but I will at least share my logic behind it...

By its very nature it will have more potency to help a bit more in situations where a tank has been taken into the red.

And as /SCH you can "Accession" + "Cure IV" for the effect of Curaga III etc. without being advisable effected by a long recast delay on "Cure IV"; as you can still cure using "Cure V".

I guess its another route similar to reducing the level of "Curaga III" to below WHM50. But the problem with that is all jobs have access to it. The post is about Red Mage; and giving it access to cure spells it should by its very nature already have access to; not making anybody subbing /WHM be better healers.
    (0)
    Last edited by Smp; 05-31-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Er, hasn't WHM had CURE VI(6) for a long time already? If RDM gets cure 5, WHM should get cure VII(7)
    (0)

red mage is a jack of all trades, and a master of none. sch doesn't even get cure 5, even with addendum up (And everyone knows addendum makes sch that style of fighting whether dark or light), so why should rdm get it? as a rdm myself, i don't see why its needed

(This is my opinion)
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Er, hasn't WHM had CURE VI(6) for a long time already? If RDM gets cure 5, WHM should get cure VII(7)
    Cure VI is rarely used on WHM because of it's stupid cost vs healing power, Cure V is used only if Cure IV isn't up yet. Cure's III and IV are the staple ST cures with Curaga III / IV being the MT versions. The OP has really weak healing sets and thinks getting Cure V, like White Mage, would solve their problem.

The only thing that RDM and SCH are missing to be capable main party healers is a strong form of Multi-Target healing. Right now both are limited to Curaga II and that's only 300~350 HP and just isn't enough to quickly recover from a very bad move. I already can main heal a single tank in high end content on RDM, so it's not a question of that capability.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast