Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Player Songen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    327
    Character
    Horu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    iroha doesn't attack or cast depending on the phase its in, not only that, i have fought many mobs where they cast dread spikes and the npc's stop hitting it, only the master dies because of not turning away
    (0)

  2. #22
    Player Khiril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    87
    Character
    Klihri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    iroha doesn't attack or cast depending on the phase its in, not only that, i have fought many mobs where they cast dread spikes and the npc's stop hitting it, only the master dies because of not turning away
    Are you sure about that, I'm pretty sure that's not the case. The trusts use no logic other than mages not purposely healing mobs with elements theyre strong against.

    The reason you think theyre not hitting mobs with dreadspikes is that theyre so damn weak dread spikes doesn't do enough damage to matter like it does to a player.
    (1)

  3. #23
    Player Songen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    327
    Character
    Horu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    Are you sure about that, I'm pretty sure that's not the case. The trusts use no logic other than mages not purposely healing mobs with elements theyre strong against.

    The reason you think theyre not hitting mobs with dreadspikes is that theyre so damn weak dread spikes doesn't do enough damage to matter like it does to a player.
    when you fight a NM like azarel as much as i did back in the day when the drop was worth alot more than it is now, you notice a thing when your turned around and no npc's are taking dread spike dmg

    edit:You are indeed correct, or they changed the mechanic since last year since there has been along of trusts AI mechanics that have been changed over the past year or so
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 06-05-2017 at 03:57 PM.

  4. #24
    Player Folken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    73
    Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    This is the first I've heard of this. It requires testing.

    Edit: Testing shows that Maat impales himself on Byrgen's Dread Spikes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Folken; 06-05-2017 at 02:31 PM.

  5. #25
    Player Songen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    327
    Character
    Horu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    nvm, i retested it against Gestalt in escha zitah, seems maybe the mechanic on it has changed from last year, they will continue to hit the mob even if it absorbs the dmg

    Edit: updated my original post to reflect this
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 06-05-2017 at 03:54 PM.

  6. #26
    Player Kraggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    397
    Character
    Kerinofsiren
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    Helllllll no, the game's already been "dumbed down" enough over the years. I solo'd the final RoV fight the day it as made available using a mule equipped with 118 gear as MNK that didn't even have any combat skills capped.
    So, if you've already beaten this fight what's it to you if the fight is nerfed a bit to help those who aren't as geared/skilled as you? Enough with the "it's easy, if you fail you must suck" attitude.

    It took me three attempts (BST, RDM, then BST again), it's a DPS race pure and simple (my two fails were simply running out of time, I was never really in danger) which is kind of disappointing for the last set-piece of the game's story arcs .. it's 'easy' once you've beaten it, it's not so easy to find the 'correct' Trusts to help since it's far from trivial to stop them attacking when you have to due to the fact all healing ceases as well.

    Basically, it's simply an annoying fight, not the epic grande finale I was expecting.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kraggy; 06-05-2017 at 08:04 PM.

  7. #27
    Player Diavolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    So, if you've already beaten this fight what's it to you if the fight is nerfed a bit to help those who aren't as geared/skilled as you? Enough with the "it's easy, if you fail you must suck" attitude.
    That's not my stance, I loathe speaking in binary terms.

    We learn from our mistakes. If the game is so easy that we no longer make any mistakes because everyone successfully completes the content on their first try then where's the satisfaction? I don't derive pleasure from hearing players say they are having difficulties with a particular fight as that's a poor attitude to have in an MMORPG where the player base should ideally be helping each other overcome obstacles, but I do value the fact that they are now compelled to seek help/advice from the community. Communication, exchange of ideas and teamwork are all staples of the game. If you've reached your breaking point after multiple, unsuccessful attempts then politely ask one of the well geared end game players on your server to beat it for you - it'll only take 5 minutes out of their day - but please don't ask for the content to be made less challenging when it's well within our means already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    It took me three attempts (BST, RDM, then BST again), it's a DPS race pure and simple (my two fails were simply running out of time, I was never really in danger) which is kind of disappointing for the last set-piece of the game's story arcs .. it's 'easy' once you've beaten it, it's not so easy to find the 'correct' Trusts to help since it's far from trivial to stop them attacking when you have to due to the fact all healing ceases as well.

    Basically, it's simply an annoying fight, not the epic grande finale I was expecting.
    It took me three attempts to solo that fight the day it was added, too. I would have been disappointed if it was a cake-walk like all the other fights in Rhapsodies of Vanadiel. Considering it was the last story-driven fight for a game I started playing in early 2004 I didn't mind the length of the fight itself at all. Just a matter of perspective, I guess.
    (0)

  8. #28
    Player Songen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    327
    Character
    Horu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    i myself lost about 15 times before getting the win, and that was in partys when it came out, nowadays i duo it extremely easy (Due to my gear being better than back then and i understand the fight now rather than when we kept trying to zerg the fight) however i could still solo it if i wanted now, its all about how well your geared and if they know the mechanics of the fight
    (0)

  9. #29
    Player Teraniku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    618
    Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    My experience with this fight was kind of odd to say the least. SMN/ BST / RDM Trio with Trusts, and for some reason couldn't beat it until we finished up the Adoulin main story./ It was like a night and day difference but that could be because of the extra Job Points we all spent between fight 1-3 (loss but ran out of time) and Fight 4 (won)
    (0)

  10. 06-28-2017 01:05 PM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3