Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Ryoushin
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Dynamis Relic Drop Rates

So returning player, prob 2 weeks into my return, figured I would run dynamis and collect relic pieces for glamour/upgrade purposes. I've gone 24 hours, 2 hour sessions back to back, for 8 hours a day. Over 3 days and so far I have enough currency that I am guesstimating around 3500 from zero. Relic piece obtained, pld feet.

Now, I am unsure what I seem to be doing wrong here, but I simply cannot fathom that TH4 would only net me 1 relic piece over 24 hours in dynamis - windurst. At this point I feel that I've wasted my time. At this point I would probably have better luck bird farming in FFXIV then to see any other pieces of relic drop.

I must be doing something right to walk away with 3500 TWS, from zero. So ill bank that, but for relics to be so scarce in content that I don't even see anyone else doing? Was an alternate method of obtaining relics released and wiki is just that far out of date or are drop rates this horrible?
    (0)

Player
    That seems very, very odd... Normally when I do dynamis on my THF (TH8+ tho), I'll end up with a full set of relic drops w/in ~1hr... Chalk it up to bad RNG. ^^;;
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I get spammed just in 45min in there with relics, gets annoying how much I need to drop, bst/whm.
    Only suggestion is grab huge groups and aoe.
    Outside that, it's a grind.
    (0)

Character
    Ryoushin
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Then it must be that drops are just that horrible. As is now I'm 45 minutes into my current run and 0 relic's and 200 TWS. Ive practically pulled half the map just to AOE and see nada. I'll more then likely finish this run and if nothing drops, i'm just going to consider my loss and return back to ffxiv. No point in wasting more time with RNG being so horrible in content that should atleast be giving something other then currency. IMO feels like currency after 5 TE is 98% drop rate without proc and 100% with but relics are 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%. Given that Relics shouldnt be this hard to farm in 2017 in a 15 year old game. I figured relics fell out of the sky and just to fully upgrade to ilevel 119 would take some time, but apparently just getting the piece is time consuming. Better yet time wasting.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryoushin View Post
    Then it must be that drops are just that horrible. As is now I'm 45 minutes into my current run and 0 relic's and 200 TWS. Ive practically pulled half the map just to AOE and see nada. I'll more then likely finish this run and if nothing drops, i'm just going to consider my loss and return back to ffxiv. No point in wasting more time with RNG being so horrible in content that should atleast be giving something other then currency. IMO feels like currency after 5 TE is 98% drop rate without proc and 100% with but relics are 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%. Given that Relics shouldnt be this hard to farm in 2017 in a 15 year old game. I figured relics fell out of the sky and just to fully upgrade to ilevel 119 would take some time, but apparently just getting the piece is time consuming. Better yet time wasting.
    The thing is, for most everyone else, relic armor drops frequently enough to be annoying. ^^;; Sure, odds are that the piece you want will be the 20th piece to drop just to spite you, but it's really weird that you are getting none.. Are you absolutely positive that you don't already have everything hiding somewhere in your Mog House? R/EX drops like armor won't even show up in the chatlog if you already have it.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Neferio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, count me confused as well. It is true that drops are random chance and sometimes this game can just troll you on back luck, but Relic gear drops like candy in there. I've got a whole 80 slot mog sack crammed with Relics that i may or may not ever even use....

(On a side note, i'm not sure that speed running linear instanced passageways and dodging blobs on the ground in XIV is exactly an upgrade over what you're experiencing now... and hey, i've got a play time of over 120 days in both games)
    (0)
    Last edited by Nefario; 05-26-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Character
    Ryoushin
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Replying from mobile so I apologize ahead of time. After I moved on to Dyna - Vulk and Bubu, after getting 5/5 TE, relics that I was trying to get in windurst began falling like candy in vulk and bubu. I gave Bastok a shot only to get same results as windurst. But so far in 4 hours at each vulkurm and bubu I've gotten every relic/accessory. To answer the question if I had a piece or two stashed away, no I did not. So at this moment it is my belief that the 3 main nations are just currency farm and the dream zones are relic farm.
    (0)

Character
    Ryoushin
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefario View Post
    Yeah, count me confused as well. It is true that drops are random chance and sometimes this game can just troll you on back luck, but Relic gear drops like candy in there. I've got a whole 80 slot mog sack crammed with Relics that i may or may not ever even use....

(On a side note, i'm not sure that speed running linear instanced passageways and dodging blobs on the ground in XIV is exactly an upgrade over what you're experiencing now... and hey, i've got a play time of over 120 days in both games)

In regards to game time, in ffxiv I'm 900 days+ and if memory serves I've got 4+ years and some change in ffxi
    (1)

Character
    Neferio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryoushin View Post
    In regards to game time, in ffxiv I'm 900 days+ and if memory serves I've got 4+ years and some change in ffxi
    I'm glad stuff started dropping. I had to kill 42 mobs on a 7% drop rate yesterday. Sometimes the game just trolls you, and sometimes it gives muchly. I dunno. Welcome back though. I hope you enjoy your time here. FFXI is and always will be first in my heart. Fantastic game.
    (0)

Character
    Ryoushin
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Now if only I can get the Etoile Hands -1 to drop in Bubu. I have gotten all other -1 hands, except those, in 3 runs back to back. /sadface
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast