Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    This is precisely what you are all asking for and is an example of you gaslighting people
    No one has asked for a full revision. What the OP asked for, which I wholeheartedly agree with, is that the JA range needs to be increased slightly (I suggested ~9-10y) to allow us to function the way the devs have told us to function. If it wouldn't require a full rebuild of the pet system, I think that changing JAs so they cared about distance-to-target instead of distance-to-pet would also work.

As the previous problem was a complete breakdown in game mechanics, it's not possible for them to create more issues.
    As is, it is quite easy to get an "out of range" error while meleeing with your pet if you are more than a few degrees to the side of your pet. The range nerf was a bugged solution which exasperated existing racial differences and it's been long enough that revising the range would not cause BST to jump back up as the FOM bandwagon job.

BST is perfectly fine now, you no longer can stay back at 20 feet and spam ready macro while watching TV. Now you need to pay attention to the fight mechanics, run in and out of range while maintaining situational awareness and adjusting gear dynamically. You and most other terribad BST's are incapable of doing that, you played BST because it was an "easy" way to get stuff done and since it's no longer "easy mode" you feel bad. The good BST's have long since adjusted their play style and are doing just as well as before, I know because I play with a bunch of epic BST's.
    For the {Over there.} BSTs, nothing changed other than needing to run in/out for JAs. This was enough to chase off the "terribad" bandwagoners, but those who enjoy the job are still here, and it is a very reasonable request for an adjustment that is required for us to be able to play the job the way the devs have stated that they want us to.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    If the community reps could get involved. I'm curious what the dev team thinks the playstyle vision is for BST currently after player feedback.

I'm all for going back to meleeing with my pet, but it seems the lack of hybrid options and incentive to do so isn't there. The Charmer's Merlin alone is a huge DPS drop not to use it.

They stated in another thread choosing it or another axe is a decision to make what is more important. But its been proven its a huge drop in DPS. Currently the play style has evolved into a run in/out short range Summoner type, swapping weapons.

I feel the class is way more than that and that currently the job isn't living up to what was known as their vision for masters to melee.

Maybe they are OK with things as is given the effort it would take. But if the dev team says BST is intended to melee with pet and they want our feedback on changes even with reduced capacity. I think its logical to say hey that's not what's going on here.
    (2)

3. 05-31-2017 01:31 PM
    Reason

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The shit storm is back
    I still have yet to hear a decent argument against the current distance.
    If your doing dps with a charmers you have more issues than just the distance nerf.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    The shit storm is back
    The current distance is bugged. It is possible to get OOR errors when meleeing with pet if you are not standing on your pet. The range is affected by both player race and pet model size, and for a taru w/ a small model pet, the range is less than melee range.. Still want to argue that nothing is wrong with it?
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The range is so small between races its barely significant, that argument is completely invalid.
    If you fight 90 degrees from the front of the mob you will have zero issues,
    even if you fight directly behind the mob you will have zero issues.
    Why fight behind it anyway? 90 degrees is fine to avoid conal attacks,
    if your worried about aoe, its called aoe for a reason, its a circular area of effect, fighting behind it wont change that.
    Not sure why your feeding the mob tp by dps'ing unless you have guttler or aymur,
    by the problems with distance your discussion I'm going to guess you dont.
    The reverse side of this argument that people here in this thread seem to have a hard time accepting is,
    people just deal with the current distance and have no issues with the way it is.
    The counter argument the other side is stating is its 'bugged by race', too severe of a nerf, must fight 'on' mob, bst isnt a melee.
    Having a opinion about not having a issue with the current state of the job seems to get people here all riled up.
    Call it whatever you would like, its a opinion.
    (0)

actually, its bugged by the pets position to the mob, tiger for example can achieve a 10'-11' distance for the master (In comparison to the mob) to use ready and sometimes further depending on if the mob is a larger frame, i'v achieved 13'-15' (To the mob) with tiger during SR on the dragon. you have to engage the tiger from a slightly further distance so it'll walk to its maximum distance which is dependant on the mobs frame size.
    now if you want to avoid conal attacks and stand at 90degrees or even on the other side of the mob and you want to melee, you need to bring the tiger as close as possible to the mob,, pretty much engage the pet at 0.5'-1' and you'll have a large area around the mob to use ready, albeit you have to make sure you more further in if your using something like the lizard or grasshopper(I believe theres is like 6-8' distance to the pet like everyones saying) if your meleeing too, however its doable even for large frame mobs, just make sure the pets as close as possible, and don't stand at the outside edge of the larger mobs frame. if you unlock your target, you can walk further in.

for those that keep going on about it,race has nothing to do with it, the point of using the ability is dead centre of your charactor (Whether its small or large) to the frame of the pet, if the pet has a small frame, the distance is smaller, if the pet has a larger frame, the distance is larger,
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The shit storm is back
    If your doing dps with a charmers you have more issues than just the distance nerf.
    They want it easy like it was before the nerf. Where they stood at max range, put minimal effort in and crushed all the content far faster then anyone else. Now they need to run in and get hit with all those nasty attacks that hurt other players, attacks they feel entitled to avoid because they used to avoid them.

Whining BST > Wahh this nerf sucks I have to be too close to the monster and am getting killed by all this damage, SE needs to fix this NOW!

Players > Duh you are supposed to deal with that like we have to, that is what the update was about

*Triggered* Whining BST > BLAARRRRGGGG stop oppressing me WAAAAAHHHHHH you are bad people BLAHHHHHH why do you hate BSTS WHY YOU TAKE OUR TOYS AWAY T.T

Basically an emotional reaction to having easy mode taken away after feeling entitled to it. It's going to happen to SMN soon, so be prepared for a huge explosion followed by community backlash.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    The range is so small between races its barely significant, that argument is completely invalid.
    If you fight 90 degrees from the front of the mob you will have zero issues,
    even if you fight directly behind the mob you will have zero issues.
    Why fight behind it anyway? 90 degrees is fine to avoid conal attacks,
    if your worried about aoe, its called aoe for a reason, its a circular area of effect, fighting behind it wont change that.
    Not sure why your feeding the mob tp by dps'ing unless you have guttler or aymur,
    by the problems with distance your discussion I'm going to guess you dont.
    The reverse side of this argument that people here in this thread seem to have a hard time accepting is,
    people just deal with the current distance and have no issues with the way it is.
    The counter argument the other side is stating is its 'bugged by race', too severe of a nerf, must fight 'on' mob, bst isnt a melee.
    Having a opinion about not having a issue with the current state of the job seems to get people here all riled up.
    Call it whatever you would like, its a opinion.
    It's ~5% diff between races while using the same pet, which is significant. Using diff pets compounds the issue. The racial difference value was most likely there to begin with but was less noticeable when the range was larger. (I've got a feeling that it's actually a universal issue and should probably be treated as a separate fix to BST JA range. BST is just the job that the issue impacts play the most due to having the smallest JA range in the game.)
    If you fight 90' from the front of a large+ size mob, you WILL have problems. (Especially if you are a taru.)
    Feeding the mob TP is precisely what the devs want us to do. They WANT us in there swinging away. The devs DO consider BST a melee, we've just adapted the playstyle into a ranged method to bypass the downsides of meleeing. It's sort of like how NIN was not intended to be a tank and we made it into one. Difference there is that the devs rolled with NIN tanking and added gear/JAs to support it, while a common BST playstyle involves swapping weapons to much to even gain enough TP to WS and it is impossible to gear both master/pet simultaneously to handle endgame meleeing.

Opinions are good! It's fine to have a differing opinion, but we should all try to stay cool-headed and expect dissension/debate with others without being snarky. (Please do call me out on this if I fail. ^^;; Odds are good that it wasn't intentional.)
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    A few other aspects that BST's have to deal with is stuck pets, and pets going crazy and all over the place when multiple mobs are involved. I.e: Tenzen, having to constantly pull your pet back to fight the actual mob, and well (for those that still do it) Besieged whereby your pet just goes all over the place and out of range.

My issue is rewarding, if anything that should be stepped up range wise because sometimes when fighting the same mob I get "out of range" when I'm trying to CURE my pet.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    They want it easy like it was before the nerf. Where they stood at max range, put minimal effort in and crushed all the content far faster then anyone else. Now they need to run in and get hit with all those nasty attacks that hurt other players, attacks they feel entitled to avoid because they used to avoid them.

Whining BST > Wahh this nerf sucks I have to be too close to the monster and am getting killed by all this damage, SE needs to fix this NOW!

Players > Duh you are supposed to deal with that like we have to, that is what the update was about

*Triggered* Whining BST > BLAARRRRGGGG stop oppressing me WAAAAAHHHHHH you are bad people BLAHHHHHH why do you hate BSTS WHY YOU TAKE OUR TOYS AWAY T.T

Basically an emotional reaction to having easy mode taken away after feeling entitled to it. It's going to happen to SMN soon, so be prepared for a huge explosion followed by community backlash.
    I don't think that's the case at all. It would be different if BST had all the traits that other Melee jobs get, but they don't. They get little compensation for the adjustment to their mechanic. Ultimately, BST need a merit JA change to give them use of their circle ability via leveling, just like all the other jobs (SAM, PLD, DRK, DRG) and better traits to give them survivability while fighting. As well as changes to their combat skills and equipment to open the versatility that should have been there from the start, if that was the "intended" vision for the job. They're no reason that a WHM should have a higher combat skill with shields if BST is suppose to only main hand an Axe. Furthermore, where are the BST exclusive shields to help that (Even though most BST will be subbing DNC/NIN and never be just using 1 Axe). BST gets the same Evasion and ~Parry skill as that of a WAR, but no where near the weapon choices or supportive JT and JA.

BST:
    1 Wide Scan III
    10 Vermin Killer I
    15 Resist Slow I
    15 Resist Amnesia I
    20 Bird Killer I
    30 Amorph Killer I
    35 Resist Slow II
    35 Resist Amnesia II
    40 Lizard Killer I
    50 Aquan Killer I
    55 Resist Slow III
    55 Resist Amnesia III
    60 Plantoid Killer I
    60 Wide Scan IV
    70 Beast Killer I
    75 Resist Slow IV
    75 Resist Amnesia IV
    75 Merit Points Beast Affinity
    75 Merit Points Beast Healer
    76 Vermin Killer II
    78 Stout Servant I
    79 Bird Killer II
    80 Fencer
    80 Wide Scan V
    81 Resist Slow V
    82 Amorph Killer II
    85 Lizard Killer II
    87 Fencer II
    88 Stout Servant II
    88 Aquan Killer II
    91 Plantoid Killer II
    94 Beast Killer II
    94 Fencer III
    95 Resist Amnesia V
    98 Stout Servant III

(JA)
    1 Familiar
    1 Charm
    10 Gauge
    12 Reward
    23 Call Beast
    23 Bestial Loyalty
    30 Tame
    75 Merit Points Feral Howl
    75 Merit Points Killer Instinct*
    96 Unleash

WAR:
    (JT)
    10 Defense Bonus I
    15 Resist Virus I
    25 Double Attack I
    30 Max HP Boost I
    30 Attack Bonus I
    35 Resist Virus II
    35 Smite I
    45 Fencer I
    45 Defense Bonus II
    50 Double Attack II
    50 Max HP Boost II

55 Resist Virus III
    58 Fencer II
    65 Attack Bonus II
    65 Smite II

70 Resist Virus IV
    70 Max HP Boost III
    71 Fencer III

75 Merit Points Savagery
    75 Merit Points Aggressive Aim
    75 Double Attack III

78 Crit. Atk. Bonus I
    80 Shield Def. Bonus I
    80 Shield Mastery I

81 Resist Virus V
    84 Fencer IV
    85 Double Attack IV
    86 Defense Bonus III
    86 Crit. Atk. Bonus II
    87 Shield Mastery II
    88 Shield Def. Bonus II
    90 Max HP Boost IV
    91 Attack Bonus II
    93 Shield Mastery III
    95 Smite III
    97 Fencer V
    99 Double Attack V
    99 Shield Def. Bonus III

(JA)
    Name
    1 Mighty Strikes
    5 Provoke
    15 Berserk
    25 Defender
    35 Warcry
    45 Aggressor
    60 Retaliation
    75 Merit Points Warrior's Charge
    75 Merit Points Tomahawk
    77 Restraint
    87 Blood Rage
    96 Brazen Rush

As you can see, BST's only combat enhancing related skills are Fencer and Stout Servant
    Where WAR, has a crap ton of things to help them. Also, almost every JA WAR has can still be used later in the game. After 23 and almost everything else in the end game, Charm and Gauge become completely useless as nothing in the new areas can be chamed, and most content takes place in confined battle fields. And as I've mention before: why does BST's circle ability have to be a merit slot, which could have been used for something far greater, when all the other circles are learned via leveling and don't require an active pet to use.

And even if you don't want to compare it to WAR, the next closes jobs would be MNK/PUP

MNK:
    (JT)
    1 Martial Arts I
    5 Subtle Blow I
    10 Counter I
    15 Max HP Boost I
    16 Martial Arts II
    20 Subtle Blow II
    31 Martial Arts III
    35 Max HP Boost II
    40 Subtle Blow III
    40 Smite I
    46 Martial Arts IV
    51 Kick Attacks I
    55 Max HP Boost III
    61 Martial Arts V
    65 Subtle Blow IV
    70 Max HP Boost IV
    71 Kick Attacks II
    75 Martial Arts VI

75 Merit Points Invigorate
    75 Merit Points Penance
    76 Kick Attacks III
    77 Tactical Guard I
    80 Smite II
    81 Counter II
    82 Martial Arts VII
    85 Skillchain Bonus I
    86 Max HP Boost V
    87 Tactical Guard II
    91 Subtle Blow V
    95 Skillchain Bonus II
    96 Max HP Boost VI
    97 Tactical Guard III

PUP:
    10 Resist Slow I
    15 Resist Amnesia I
    20 Evasion Bonus I
    25 Martial Arts I

35 Resist Amnesia II
    40 Evasion Bonus II
    50 Resist Slow II
    50 Martial Arts II
    55 Resist Amnesia III
    60 Evasion Bonus III
    60 Smite I

70 Resist Slow III
    75 Martial Arts III
    75 Merit Points Fine-Tuning
    75 Merit Points Optimization
    75 Resist Amnesia IV
    76 Evasion Bonus IV
    78 Stout Servant I
    80 Tactical Guard I

81 Resist Slow IV
    85 Crit. Def. Bonus I
    86 Martial Arts IV
    88 Stout Servant II
    90 Tactical Guard II

95 Resist Amnesia V
    95 Crit. Def. Bonus II
    97 Martial Arts V
    98 Stout Servant III

I'm all for BST fighting along side things, but as a whole the job needs to be looked at so to bring it up to where it should be, and an increase to the range of certain abilities like Reward, Sic, Stay, and Heel. As well as a set increase to the range for Ready, so that regardless of the character/pet/enemy models the ability will work as it should.

On a side note, I love that everyone else ignore the fact that no one cried foul for RNGs, CORs, and SAMs being able to keep their distance from things and do massive dmg.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 06-01-2017 at 03:28 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast