Player

May 2017 Return to Vanadiel Campaign

Was happy to be able to play FFXI again and maybe resub after the return campaign but after being a strong supporter of FFXI by paying for my mog wardrobes 3 and 4, I find that during the free return campaign you cannot access any items you have in these wardrobes, making my character just about unplayable.

How about giving us access to these wardrobes during the campaign!

Thx for listening
    (4)

Character
    Xantem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Or at least let us buy them for the $2 a piece.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    This has come up before and there's actually been some dissension against this for some reason. I think that if you're going to have a free campaign, make it free. That includes wardrobes which the OP has obviously paid for in the past. Having done so should entitle him to use the wardrobes during any free campaign.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm inclined to say World Transfers should be (permanently) free, as well.

Aware as I am that mergers are a topic of contention for some, the past campaigns I've partaken in usually have me logging in, doing what I can do on my own, and then trying to put groups together for something else only to fail due to lack of manpower or not being up to the PUG Catch 22 gear standard that frequently haunts MMO content.

Otherwise, picking a new server is a financial gamble. Some will tell me Asura, because reddit or just the cyclical recommendation that's gone on over time, but do I really want to put up with Ambuscade congestion or not finding good EXP camps because it's the one server that's the inverse of the current population issue? Pragmatically, I'd be more inclined to try and arrange like-minded folk from here, Zam, BG, or wherever to pick a server that'd then become the foundation of an LS that'd get things done, or at least done more reliably than the lone returnee straggler would manage.

Mechanically, I think it's safe to say any content prior to Escha-Ru'aun is dead. The earlier Catch 22 in mind, people aren't going to want the returnees for that or later because sparks gear definitely isn't enough, yorcia skirmish can be pricey/unreliable, and soloing easy Ambuscade difficulties won't get you the +1 gear anytime soon, if it's even decent for your job of choice. If they're someone just coming back to finish the story lines or whatever, sure, what we've got now can get the job done, but I still believe making it easy for players to get together would do better for the game and its sub pool instead of trying to nickel and dime with the transfer.

Edit: Should also say in the past that I've had some people willfully state they won't help returnees because they're just gonna be gone when time is up, anyway. While that may be true for some, I can't say it fosters community building and a willingness to actually (re)sub.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seriha; 05-17-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Player
    I am trying to take advantage of Return to Vanadiel Campaign. I've been updating the game on windows now for ~6 hours and I'm only at 3% !!!! At this rate the Campaign will be over before I even get into the game I honestly don't know if its worth it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    I am trying to take advantage of Return to Vanadiel Campaign. I've been updating the game on windows now for ~6 hours and I'm only at 3% !!!! At this rate the Campaign will be over before I even get into the game I honestly don't know if its worth it.
    It's worth it. I take it that it's been a long time since you updated?
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Neferio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    It's all part of the nostalgia! Mine crashed around 2am while i was sleeping so i'll have to spend most of today probably in update... but hey, who knows why the archaic UI and playonline were never updated after 15 years, but it is totally worth it. This is maybe the best game in the entire franchise on its own merit. If you've got a want to revisit it, or have some unfinished business, it is ALWAYS worth it.

But Reddit is your friend for finding the much faster way to patch up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkHbpBLBYV0
    ^^This is a really informative, if not essential video for returning players who have been gone the last few years.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nefario; 05-18-2017 at 01:28 AM.