Automaton skill beyond 424

Newb PUP question:

I capped skill to 424 (+10 from merits), but now that I've started working on Job Points my Auto is getting skill ups again (3 levels so far) despite the equipment menu still showing 434/434.

I'm using Eminent Animator (I'm skipping Divinator and jumping straight to P once I get 100 JP) so now I'm wondering if that is why I'm getting skill ups again, and if that's the case what the new skill cap is and what the new cap would be while using P.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Jopa
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    From my understanding it's a bug that whenever you increase automaton skill via merits or gear, it will skill up to reach the "new" cap but it doesn't actually affect anything.
    (1)

Thanks for the info. It seems you are right because I indeed stopped getting these skill ups after it reached 434 again.

Still pretty odd though.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    This is from a while ago but sharing some more info. This has always been the case since lvl75 cap. It was super convenient during the cap raising era, each time the level cap raised you were already halfway to the new cap for skill and you likely got new spells instantly when you leveled up. now its just a funny glitch that has no impact on the pets performance. unless the increase the state cap at some point then your ahead of the curve
    (0)