Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bump, can we get some information if Tenuto can be made into a party affected and not just self affected ability (which can work in conjuction if needed with pianissmo as well)
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    New guy here to Bard.

I hate the way song overwrites currently works.

You should just trade Daurdabla in for a KI that lets sing 4 songs.

Overwriting songs is currently nonsense.
    (3)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    New guy here to Bard.

I hate the way song overwrites currently works.

You should just trade Daurdabla in for a KI that lets sing 4 songs.

Overwriting songs is currently nonsense.
    Because they wanted the annoyance.
    (2)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    In case you don't know this, you can just get the 3rd and 4th songs up initially with Daurdabla, then you can maintain all songs with Gjallarhorn. As long as the songs don't dispelled or wear you can sing all 4 songs with Gjallarhorn.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    I know this has been brought up before, but it's still an issue. Because of the shorter duration of ballad, there is still the overwrite problem when other songs have longer duration.

IE. Acc, Acc, March, March all at 5 minutes. Ballad having 4 min 30 sec duration.
    Casting ballad 3 will push the lowest remaining duration song off, but if you cast ballad 2 right after ballad 3, ballad 2 will overwrite ballad 3. Under normal song duration you could wait 31 seconds before casting ballad 3, so that ballad 3 isn't the lowest time remaining, but the issue is when NT songs are performed. You would have to wait 5 min 31 sec to overwrite a non ballad song.

My suggestion is make ballads, only ballads specific like haste. IE 1 cannot overwrite 2 or 3, 2 cannot overwrite 3. The lesser ballad cannot overwrite the greater ballad. In this way it would solve the ballad issue without the need to add either all songs or ballad+ on equipment.
    While i have made a ass of myself in this thread, being quite ignorant in alot of matters, and looking back i was EXTREMELY ignorant and i apologise to the OP for that ignorance,

I am curious tho, was the OPs original request that should a song like ballad III be active on the player, it would push any lower tier ballads to the next duration slot? e.g. instead of ballad II overwriting a 4min 30 sec ballad III song, it would instead go to the next duration available which might for example be a 5 minute song?
    And that only ballad III or any other song other than ballad I or can overwrite ballad III?
    the same that Ballad can't overwrite Ballad II or Ballad III (If ballad II or III are active) so ballad would then go to the third longest duration slot which could be 5min 10 seconds (For example)
    (0)

Player
    Perhaps instead of replacing based on remaining duration, it targets oldest timestamp? I think this would be the only way to guarantee the behavior that it sounds like you are asking for.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Perhaps instead of replacing based on remaining duration, it targets oldest timestamp? I think this would be the only way to guarantee the behavior that it sounds like you are asking for.
    Oldest timestamp would not work as it would result in more songs having to be sung when getting up songs 3 and 4 with daurdabla. IE (assuming no time to get 4 songs up before real fight) currently fastest way to get 4 songs on at maximum power is first 2 songs gjallarhorn, 2 songs with daurdabla, then overwrite the 2 daurdabla songs with gjallarhorn powered songs, 6 songs total.

If oldest timestamp was added, all 4 songs would have to be sung with daurdabla, then 4 songs with gjallarhorn power, 8 songs total.

When using NT, time is limited to 1 min 20 seconds maximum and you can get 15 maybe 16 songs off before it wears, when party swapping this would not be ideal.

My points to fix ballad overwrite would be in this order:

1) Increase base ballad duration to account for the 27% difference in song duration, in this way it would not overpower the potency of ballad

2) Add more ballad+ on slots that currently do not have ballad+ or all song+, this would add power to ballad over the 30mp/tic native, which would likely overpower it.

3) Make it so that if ballad 3 is on and you cast ballad 2 or ballad 1, it forces another song to be overwritten. Basically a higher tier ballad cannot overwrite a lower tier ballad and it forces another song to be overwritten. IE attack 5 has 11min 00 sec remaining, attack 4 has 11 min 5 sec remaining, honor march has 11 min 10 sec remaining, victory march has 11 min 15 sec remaining. NT has already worn.

Current status:
    If you cast ballad 3 it would overwrite attack 5 since that has lowest duration, but now ballad 3 is the lowest duration at 5 min 26 seconds. If ballad 2 is cast it will overwrite ballad 3 since that is lowest duration.

Suggested change:
    Cast ballad 3 which overwrites attack 5 since that has lowest duration. Cast ballad 2 would then see ballad 3 is already on so it would overwrite attack 4 as next lowest duration.
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 06-14-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Character
    Boogs
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I have played BRD for quite some time as well, but took a long break after WotG came out (at the the expansion was only partly rolled out) and only recently rejoined FFXI. While I (think I) understand your request, it would seem that for the situation described, simply forming all-mage and all-DD parties for the prebuffs would essentially solve your problem. There is no reason to pianissimo. Since you as the bard are already party hopping, why not make your job simpler by having the others also party hop. Using this method, there is no need to overwrite melee songs with mage songs (and/or vice versa) -- this could possibly give you time to do even more songs for other groups. This should be fine for pre-buffs right before starting a battle. You sing your songs, no overwrites except for songs 3 and 4, and everyone reforms into their proper parties. Macro out the invites if you have to to save time.

This would not work, however, if your fights are fairly drawn out and troubador/nightingale needed to be used multiple times. However, I wonder if this may still be a non-issue mid-battle since by then the parties are usually separated enough that you would not need to overwrite a melee song with a mage song (i.e. your healers are generally not standing side by side with your melee).
    (0)
    Last edited by Boogs; 10-05-2017 at 09:40 AM. Reason: minor edits

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Please fix this, it's INSANELY annoying.
    (0)

Player
    I am trying to figure out why Ballad has a shorter duration than other songs.. As far as I know, ALL buff songs have a base duration of 120sec. The maximum amount of Song+1 (bgwiki says its +8 currently) should be the same across March/Minuet/Ballad at least... The only commonly used buff exceptions to the current Song+8 limit would be Madrigal due to Ambuscade cape, no? Yes, Mousai+1 set bumps a few songs up to +9, but HQs are wallet-killers and when was the last time you were called on for Mambo or Minne? :x
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 10-08-2017 at 02:11 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast