Thread: Martial arts

Martial arts

When you implemented the footworks change.you asked us to commenting how it is. with the game running at a completely different pace from 5 years ago, please look into making some change that will allow us to make tp builds while capping delay with haste

Martial arts is quite powerful trait to allow constant attacks since it brings your melee hits in faster.

-However there are situations where it becomes more burdensome such as trying to make tp builds, since its added towards your max delay before other speed boost types such as haste, you gain a extremely lowered tp build before you have a chance to try and cap haste. job points further that burden along with certain pieces of gear which means your tp build is lowered further without even asking and have no choice but to sacrifice so much gear for either tp build or acc build.

-- while you might say its the same as dual wield, it is infact slightly different, dual wield you can atleast mix and match weapons, even off handing a completely different weapon in order to either build for tp (such as double/triple attack or even store tp or higher delay), build for acc(Which opens more gear slots to be used differently), and even building for WSs.

---I propose that the ability footworks return to its previous function of dealing a single attack at max hand to hand delay without it being affected by martial arts with 5 minute duration and recast (Or better yet changed to 3 minute recast and 5 minute duration to allow continuous use without it wearing off much like sambas),
    *Since kick attacks from the previous footworks aren't affected by martial arts, this will allow us to cap the delay reduction with haste based gear/magic while still maintaining higher tp build. having this as a ability will also allow monks who wish to use martial arts normally to continue to have it of use while those who wish to build tp sets to have the ability too.
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 04-17-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Player
    The basic concept of MA/DW are identical. Both apply a direct delay reduction to attack speed, both are applied before any forms of Haste, and both reduce TP gained directly proportional to the amount of delay reduced. I'm going to repeat what I've been saying for the past 2 years: Adjust the formula to apply DW/MA reductions at the end (after any/all Haste effects) and cap the TP penalty to the amount of DW/MA that is applied at that point in order to reach the 80% delay cap. This would open up a lot of good (non-OP) possibilities for the likes of MNK and NIN since it would mean that they would not have to take the penalty into account on gear due to being capped by traits/gifts/merits. It rather sucks that we currently have to avoid gear w/ the stats on them if we don't want to take a hit to our TP generation.

To any who wish to argue, please try to remember that MA/DW were good during the old days when delay capped melee running around was not even possible. In the current ilvl world, there is not a single good reason that I can think of to justify blocking this adjustment to remove one of the mechanical relics of our past.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The basic concept of MA/DW are identical. Both apply a direct delay reduction to attack speed, both are applied before any forms of Haste, and both reduce TP gained directly proportional to the amount of delay reduced. I'm going to repeat what I've been saying for the past 2 years: Adjust the formula to apply DW/MA reductions at the end (after any/all Haste effects) and cap the TP penalty to the amount of DW/MA that is applied at that point in order to reach the 80% delay cap. This would open up a lot of good (non-OP) possibilities for the likes of MNK and NIN since it would mean that they would not have to take the penalty into account on gear due to being capped by traits/gifts/merits. It rather sucks that we currently have to avoid gear w/ the stats on them if we don't want to take a hit to our TP generation.

To any who wish to argue, please try to remember that MA/DW were good during the old days when delay capped melee running around was not even possible. In the current ilvl world, there is not a single good reason that I can think of to justify blocking this adjustment to remove one of the mechanical relics of our past.
    thanks for the support
    (1)