Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Trust availability in BCNM KSNM

I remember back in the days you could get an party for BCNM KSNM in like an hour. Nowadays... you can't get 1 to save your life... I think it's time that trusts can help us out in those devious fights.
    (6)

Player
    I've got the feeling that there are some rather large technical hurdles involved with trusts in level capped content.. It seems likely that there would be issues simply due to how our level gets reduced by a debuff, so it's likely that they would have to adjust the Trust magic system itself in order to allow it to compensate properly. But! Since the reason we need to rely on trusts in the first place is due to lack of community interest...

How about they fix the "Equipment Scaling" system so that equipment actually... scales? o.o
    As is, if you go in wearing 119 gear, you end up getting nothing but a fraction of the def rating... even stats that would be within reason for the level cap get wiped out completely.

Fix that and then we'll have more player interest in doing the older stuff again since we won't have to carry around a level cap set anymore (which was the entire reasoning for adding the scaling system to begin with originally IIRC.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 03-05-2017 at 07:37 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    They could make gear scale (cause the way it does it an absolute joke), or just remove the level caps. or both!

Or, retooling the capped ones to have an iGarbage version. iKraken! iRidill!
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    All jokes aside, some of the BCNMs do have unique items that they once dropped that are difficult to get elsewhere. Many BCNM fights do have Uncapped versions, but... the problem with those, is that the uncapped versions almost never drop anything on anything less than Very Difficult which......again.....need a group and costs a lot more seals.

Seems that today, any seal that's less than a Kindred's Crest is useless and is only fodder for trading up and that's kind of a shame.

Personally I'd say to just remove the level cap. Other than spell scrolls and some meager crafting materials, the only stuff that these things drop, is the occasional piece of equipment for low level content. I really don't understand why the level cap needs to be there to be quite honest.

And looking up, for example, Utsusemi: Ni, it looks like the Lv30-40 BCNMs are quite literally the ONLY way to get this scroll other than trying your turn at a 1% chance drop out of the stupid tenshodo coffer (who feels like farming Rare/EX items hundreds of times?) and the Gobbie Mystery Box (LOL).
    (0)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    BCNM like "Up and arms" "Coffer Tribulation" can be soloed.. to a point. But i am not that good to solo... But only other way i could think of to be able to solo bcnms is to remove the cap... But i thoguht the Trust shared everystats from your Character...
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrirs_Takumi View Post
    BCNM like "Up and arms" "Coffer Tribulation" can be soloed.. to a point. But i am not that good to solo... But only other way i could think of to be able to solo bcnms is to remove the cap... But i thoguht the Trust shared everystats from your Character...
    The trusts share your level, yes... but for whatever reason, AFAIK, there are no level-cap fights where you can call your trusts so I'm assuming there's an in-engine limitation as to why.

But the point remains that these level-capped BCNMs don't offer anything that would break the game if people could easily solo them, and nobody does them in groups anymore, so it is basically wasted content that nobody does because it is nigh-impossible to get a group to do it.

And again, that must suck for ninja needing Utsusemi: Ni.... because I can imagine the ridiculous inflated AH prices on that scroll, because of this...
    (0)

Player
    Trusts have their own stats based on their level, but their level is based on ours. There's most likely some sort of technical problem caused by the programming method used to lower our level inside BCNMs (which is also most likely a different method than what they used later on with the level sync system.)

I would totally jump on farming the heck out of the old BCNM40s if I wasn't required to have an actual lv40 cap equipment set in order to do so. All that would take would be to correct the method used for equipment scaling. Whether solo or group, it'd be worth it to me since I have 13x characters most of whom could benefit from free scrolls. ^^;; Plus... oldschool feels and nostalgia are rarely a bad thing IMO.

I'm not sure how the current system works, but maybe a reduction by percent between current ilvl and capped level would work? A simple reduction to "LvlCap/(i)lvl" would probably work. That would leave a ilvl119 player with 33% of stats for 40cap, which would be a drastic improvement but I don't think we'd end up w/ too much more than the best 40cap gear provides. (I could be underestimating our current BIS gear though.) Round down but apply the reduction to the total values involved instead of piecewise and we'd even be able to maintain secondary stats like haste without it being an overwhelming advantage.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kialahn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 38
    This hasn't been posted on in a bit but I'll post anyway. So, I'm fairly new to the game, only been playing a month or so.

Just commenting on the theory that Trusts can't be summoned while level synced. I actually did a level 20 quest the other day called Eco-Warrior that has you travel to Maze of Shakhrami to kill stuff. So, I get there, summon my trusts, and speak with the NPC near the entrance tied to the quest to tell me what to do. They actually level sync me down to 20 cuz I was around 29 at the time, and my trusts get dismissed. Afterwards though, I just resummon and they have lowered HP and MP cuz of the sync. So trusts definitely can be summoned while synced.

I just wish they would eventually let me summon them in BCNM fights. Because it sounds like fun, there's some neat loot in the lists I've seen, and finding anyone to do anything in this game so far is a sad prospect.
    (1)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I mean, can you imagine People would prolly level again without going to Zitah. Hit level 20 go do a BCNM to get scroll/Item/Gear. then keep on leveling. Cause when you go from level 1~99, You skip all the fun, the lore of ffxi. Would be nice if those BCNM would be attach to quests.
    (3)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tk0ma View Post
    This hasn't been posted on in a bit but I'll post anyway. So, I'm fairly new to the game, only been playing a month or so.

Just commenting on the theory that Trusts can't be summoned while level synced. I actually did a level 20 quest the other day called Eco-Warrior that has you travel to Maze of Shakhrami to kill stuff. So, I get there, summon my trusts, and speak with the NPC near the entrance tied to the quest to tell me what to do. They actually level sync me down to 20 cuz I was around 29 at the time, and my trusts get dismissed. Afterwards though, I just resummon and they have lowered HP and MP cuz of the sync. So trusts definitely can be summoned while synced.

I just wish they would eventually let me summon them in BCNM fights. Because it sounds like fun, there's some neat loot in the lists I've seen, and finding anyone to do anything in this game so far is a sad prospect.
    You can also use the level sync command with someone, then call trust.
    (0)