Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Well, to be fair, I almost never play WHM or RDM these days, but back when I did, I seem to remember bar status spells helping at least some.

Is your Enhancing skill capped? A lot of those kinds of spells heavily depend on your skill. Enhancing is ridiculously difficult to skill without buying skill tomes, so I think a lot of people might not have bothered?

And yes, I do agree that Barspells should allow you to fully resist more often. Not be so utterly OP that you resist 50%+ of the time, but yet have a noticeable effect on full-on resists. Otherwise, you're probably better off casting the relevant Bar-element rather than Bar-status, because chances are, if a mob spams a status affliction, it probably spams the same element too (like something that casts Breakga usually casts Stone, Silencega mobs usually cast Aero, etc).
    Or cast both since they don't share a buff slot with anything else. I do think it would be nice if the devs could give us some solid values and explanations for stuff like this though so we at least know how much they are actually helping.

BTW, enhancing isn't really that hard to skillup. A simple spam macro that you hit every once in a while while watching TV works fine. Something I've noticed is that I do tend to get more magic skillups when targeting another player or enemy. Try afking with a buddy/mule and use that spam macro on him instead of self-targeting and watch the skillups roll in. Healing magic skill has always been the more annoying to cap for me, but you can reduce the annoyance by casting Cure on level appropriate undead family mobs.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Or cast both since they don't share a buff slot with anything else. I do think it would be nice if the devs could give us some solid values and explanations for stuff like this though so we at least know how much they are actually helping.

BTW, enhancing isn't really that hard to skillup. A simple spam macro that you hit every once in a while while watching TV works fine. Something I've noticed is that I do tend to get more magic skillups when targeting another player or enemy. Try afking with a buddy/mule and use that spam macro on him instead of self-targeting and watch the skillups roll in. Healing magic skill has always been the more annoying to cap for me, but you can reduce the annoyance by casting Cure on level appropriate undead family mobs.
    Reduce the annoyance? That's an understatement....

lol.

Healing was easy to cap for me, call Moogle and spam Cure (the first Cure) on the skeletons in Onzozo and you'll get cap in no time flat, and that was BEFORE Rhapsodies were a thing, lol.

Any spell that can be cast on enemies is easily capped skill-wise. It's the stupid junk like Summoning and Enhancing that is ridiculous.

Also, Geomancy and Handbell. Yes, I know, there are technically Geocoloures... but dude... all but one cost 190MP+ for a single cast.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Reduce the annoyance? That's an understatement....

lol.

Healing was easy to cap for me, call Moogle and spam Cure (the first Cure) on the skeletons in Onzozo and you'll get cap in no time flat, and that was BEFORE Rhapsodies were a thing, lol.

Any spell that can be cast on enemies is easily capped skill-wise. It's the stupid junk like Summoning and Enhancing that is ridiculous.

Also, Geomancy and Handbell. Yes, I know, there are technically Geocoloures... but dude... all but one cost 190MP+ for a single cast.
    Indi's are cheaper than Geo's, and stuff like Indi-Poison is dirt cheap to spam. But yes, GEO/SMN are amazingly annoying to cap due to the out-of-town requirement for casting.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Indi's are cheaper than Geo's, and stuff like Indi-Poison is dirt cheap to spam. But yes, GEO/SMN are amazingly annoying to cap due to the out-of-town requirement for casting.
    Casting Indicoloures on yourself is about the same as casting Enhancing spells on yourself: it's dirt slow compared to anything you can cast on an enemy, lol.

I'd rather just grab a DPS job and go out sometime Gain Experience is up and buy the skill tomes, kthx. Much faster, and more efficient use of my time.
    (0)

Player
    Enough tangent, back to barspells now. XD

I'm curious about actual values on anti-status effects in general. BRD has a nearly full-spectrum of anti-status songs, but we've NEVER had any clue about how potent they are. I noticed they were excluded from the update this month while Carols were included, but that doesn't mean that we aren't allowed to get actual numbers from the dev team. ^^ This is yet another system that should be explained at this point by official means, especially given how impossible it is to determine these types of values thru only player-based client-side testing.
    (0)

Bump, maybe we can get some answers eventually.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I can't say I've ever really noticed any kind oh resistance from barspells. I'd kind of like a explaination as well.
    (2)

And now I'm wondering if Arciela II has the Resist Petrify trait as well, because last night she was getting petrified by everything in Abyssea while the other Trusts in the party resisted it without problem. And yep, we are talking ilvl118-119 going against the low level Abyssea monsters here.

I just wish I had thought of taking a screenshot or two at the time because it would be hilarious if she actually has the trait. Maybe the devs will be kind enough to let us know about Bar-status spells and trust traits while they are at it.

PS > I only went down to ilvl118 because I was on THF using 109 Empy feet (still have no way of unlocking the +1 reforge) to cap Treasure Hunter.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

One last bump in hopes this question gets forwarded to the devs.
    (1)
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Leairc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Having played WHM since 2004, I had read, heard, and seen Bar-spells to act in the following ways:

Bar-element: reduces damage, increases magic evasion to resist an element
    Bar-status: reduces the length of a status ailment, depending on the situation, and increases magic evasion to resist the ailment

In any content, I notice that when I buff the party with Barblizzard+Barparalyze, instead of 1 minute paralyze, they tend to be 15-30 seconds. I've had complete resists from it before as well.

Same goes for Baraera-Barsilence, and Barearth-Barpetra.

There is no mystery to barspells. Magic evasion is tied to bar-spells.

Have you researced the easily accessible information located at BG-wiki?
    (0)
    I KAST THA SPELZ THAT MAYK THE BAD MANZ FALL DOWN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast