Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Dev Input Requested: Macc/Meva Changes

I know the patch notes specifically states Reisenjima, Escha, and SoA area - however will this hopefully include HTBF fights and Unity NMs in a future patch? They are ilvl mobs and as such are going to be affected by the nerf in GEO abilities.
    (11)
    Last edited by Mithlas; 02-11-2017 at 04:29 AM.

they buffed bard to compensate for geo's nerf, mobs that are now one shoting partys need to be compensated with sherzo or smn's earthen ward, also carol's got a boost as well
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    No, every single mob in the game should not require Scherzo and earthen ward. that's retarded.

Vex and attune need to be put back to where they were.

Adding another job is not an acceptable answer when more hp is added because of it.
    (4)

if you read what they wrote as the reason why they lowered it, geo spells m acc and m eva were bugged completely, it wasn't a nerf, but a bugg that wasn't detected., it was that the calculation was wrong completely from what they originally intended because it calculated twice at a second point instead of once, they returned it to the original intended value and removed the bug ,

Fact is, people would have made different tactics to begin with had the original value been there instead of the lower value, i personally made a sink about it myself on a magic acc page prior to the update but realised a originally intend value fix isn't something i should be complaining about. DEAL WITH IT, MOVE ON.

Mobs didn't gain any hp, infact it was lowered for the stated areas. both combat and magic skills were lowered on mobs in stated areas
    (1)
    Last edited by Songen; 02-11-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    They werent bugged. That's a bs lie they tell to stop you from pitchforking. A bug wouldn't persist for 3 entire years. Get serious.

It's a straight nerf.
    (5)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    No, every single mob in the game should not require Scherzo and earthen ward. that's retarded.

But isn't that the same thing as how before, every single mob needed a geo? >_>
    (3)

considering they rarely say anything like "the values came out wrong because the system calculated twice at 2 different points". can you really call it a lie? most of the time they just plainly say its because they think its too strong just as they super nerfed rudra's storm. not to mention they hit out m-acc and m-eva rather than just one thing. all honesty, you gotta be glad they didn't hit Magic-attack/defence as well within that update.
    (0)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...nerf-Geomancer

that thread is probably where they decided to nerf geo, if you have a problem, blame them, i let my 2 cents there about their lack of getting jobs enhanced rather than weakened
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...nerf-Geomancer

that thread is probably where they decided to nerf geo, if you have a problem, blame them, i let my 2 cents there about their lack of getting jobs enhanced rather than weakened
    And other than 1-2 loud complainers, most of what's there called for the same thing. It's not a true "nerf" when they are fixing a bug, no matter how longstanding said bug is...

Player testing has indicated that the values for GEO macc/meva were higher than what was officially stated for a long time. Makes perfect sense that the formula was bugged, probably introduced w/ the wave of GEO buffs early on in SOA, but it is kind of irritating that it was not tested for sooner. My guess is that they started examining macc related stuff for the planned BRD buffs, extended that into RDM, then finally noticed something odd with GEO. It may not have been a glaring difference w/o Idris included in the picture and didn't become obvious until enough GEOs were running around w/ one to make the devs question anything.

I know that historically, SE has always had a sort of "implement and forget" policy, but certain things (especially system related stuff) should really be retested periodically in my opinion.. At the very least, once every 3-6 months, just to ensure that no bugs have managed to creep in due to any adjustments made in the interim.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 02-12-2017 at 07:27 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post

Adding another job is not an acceptable answer when more hp is added because of it.
    So it's retarded that Scherzo and Earthen Ward is required for "Every single mob" (I agree), but yet it is NOT retarded that Vex and Attune is required?

LOL?

How does that logic even work?
    (4)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast