Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

What happened to the FFXI mobile version? Can we have some news?

The mobile version was announced in the conference back in March and ever since that announcement, we haven't heard of anything about it again. No news at all. Neither on FFXI website, or SE, or even NEXON. I believe we deserve to know how the development is going. It was planned to be released in 2016 and I was thinking SE could at least give us some information about its development these days. Are they being secretive on purpose or do they have nothing to say (i.e. the game isn't being developed)? This is the exact opposite of creating hype for an upcoming game.
    (0)

Player
    If you have high expectations, lower them.

This won't be an mmo, it will be a party based mobile mmo. It's going to be a massive disappointment to most.

Also hype too soon is worse than no hype at all.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinedrai View Post
    The mobile version was announced in the conference back in March and ever since that announcement, we haven't heard of anything about it again. No news at all. Neither on FFXI website, or SE, or even NEXON. I believe we deserve to know how the development is going. It was planned to be released in 2016 and I was thinking SE could at least give us some information about its development these days. Are they being secretive on purpose or do they have nothing to say (i.e. the game isn't being developed)? This is the exact opposite of creating hype for an upcoming game.
    As far as we know it's still a thing. There's a lot of 2016 left to go. They didn't say January 2016.

If you have high expectations, lower them.

This won't be an mmo, it will be a party based mobile mmo. It's going to be a massive disappointment to most.

Also hype too soon is worse than no hype at all.
    We know nothing about what it will be like. What little they have said however does not lead me to believe it will be like Final Fantasy Farmville or anything like that.
    (0)

Player
    You don't need to be told, you just need to look at the control system (swipe controls), the technology available for mass market users and other mobile mmo titles that exist now.

This ffxi mmo isn't going to be ground breaking, just look at other mmo mobile games and you will see what it will be.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by peculiar View Post
    You don't need to be told, you just need to look at the control system (swipe controls), the technology available for mass market users and other mobile mmo titles that exist now.

This ffxi mmo isn't going to be ground breaking, just look at other mmo mobile games and you will see what it will be.
    I'm not sure that anyone made any claims of it being "ground breaking", however that doesn't mean that it's going to be bad.
    (0)

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    As far as we know it's still a thing. There's a lot of 2016 left to go. They didn't say January 2016.
    They didn't say December 2016 either.

Quote Originally Posted by peculiar View Post
    We have never said it would be ground breaking. Being a subscriber since 2003, I am a big fan of this game and for that very reason, I am hoping that the game will be good. If they care about their FFXI playerbase at all, they should keep us interested, but they aren't even trying and that annoys me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vinedrai; 01-11-2016 at 03:47 AM.

7. 01-11-2016 03:43 AM
    Reason
    double post

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinedrai View Post
    They didn't say December 2016 either.

We have never said it would be ground breaking. Being a subscriber since 2003, I am a big fan of this game and for that very reason, I am hoping that the game will be good. If they care about their FFXI playerbase at all, they should keep us interested, but they aren't even trying and that annoys me.
    Ground breaking on a mobile game would be offering anything even close to what ffxi is.
    (0)

I want some news on this game too. I check every week for any updates to FFXI mobile.
    (0)

Character
    Zoner
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 95
    Considering this game worked on the PS2 with dial-up and the Galaxy S6 is 5 times more powerful than the PS2, a 1:1 conversion doesn't seem too far fetched.

BTW you can get a S6 at Best Buy with a 2 year contract right now for $1
    (1)

11. 01-23-2016 05:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Zoner View Post
    1:1 conversion doesn't seem too far fetched.
    Except for changing precise keyboard input to limited touchscreen controls, and adding a cash shop.
    (3)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast