Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    Blue magic is already extremely RNG heavy to learn.
    Fixed that for you. Because over the years I've seen people struggle for months to learn a spell others learn first try. So unless that was changed in recent times easing up on the RNG would be a good thing for the game.

If they made it so a spell was guaranteed to be learned after 10-20 times that alone would go a long way into making it less frustrating when you get hit by a bad RNG episode.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Lightpalm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuzey View Post
    Are you having a particular hard time learning spells? Any in particular?

I'm curious to know, I levelled BLU last year and didn't encounter any real issues learning spells. It's a bit unfair to say those who say no are only doing so because they have already learnt the spells and want to see those without suffer. For the record, I'd say I'm fairly neutral to your suggestion, but from my recent experiences, I can't understand why it's needed.

Maybe if you gave some examples of where you are having such a hard time learning spells, it may spark more sympathy from our fellow forum dwellers
    One example was learning Metallic Body took over 100 attempts. I had max blue magic and was over the skill level required for it. That is the worst one. Others ive had 20+ attempts until I just gave up.
    (0)

being a little easier is nice and all, (i have a alt that is still learning spells so i know the feeling of doing it twice) however i wouldn't change the current system. if i really thought of it being that bad (And yes, i'v done the 100 mob for a spell thing myself), i'd get blu gloves for learning spells. however, alot of the times, i learn the spell and fail to see it in the log, you gotta make sure to check your spell list in the main menu's magic menu. you'll find you learnt it faster than you'd think. also, don't waste time spaming dia on mobs, equip a lvl 1 club, equip as much acc gear you got, and fight a ep-dc mob(for lvl 99) (since you'll have so much haste from spells, you swing faster than cast). my honest experience from a long time ago is the lower the mob, the harder it is to learn
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Normal mobs are fine but heaven help you if you want to learn Vagary-only ones.
    (1)

Player
    Lady Bell works like a charm for TP feeding :3 I think there is some sort of additional damage cap on it since I've hit much higher numbers w/ standard event clubs. Just hit the Mute button before heading out since they ring every time they hit. lol

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I've got a hunch that should they continue to use Omen for reforging for the assumed relic/empy armor sets' +2/+3 versions, that the 5x bosses for Empyrean upgrades will be remixes of the Vagary bosses. So at least there might be more opportunities to learn Cruel Joke etc other than Vagary or missions. ^^;;
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 02-09-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Vagary is ment to be hard to learn, they tried to atleast keep some stuff hard, its only because more escha/reisei content opened up new armor for survival, trusts and more positional mobs being in escha/reisei. however some of the original spells like thunderbolt from behemoth was hard at 99, however with ilvl119 and now can spam the shit outta it in more than only a few locations
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    As someone that recently returned, and would need to go learn some more blue spells thought would stop in here. I don't recall many spells being hard to learn. The hard ones were always the extremely limited mobs, such as bcnm battlefield only usage ones, or trying to get refueling in misarux coast while CoP was still level capped.

So just a lil curious as to if my old method will still be very effective. Fight mob normally until it is at a point can reliably kill asap if needed, then use multihit spells like bludgeon to feed it tp if it has not used spell I am after, once uses any tp move at this point kill and find a fresh mob to repeat. Only ones I ever let sit there and rebuild tp are those in extremely limited supply. Often targeted DC leveled mobs so they lasted a lil bit, yet could easily kill.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can learn them all elsewhere
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can learn them all elsewhere
    The only other sources for most of the Vagary boss spells are one-time missions.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The only other sources for most of the Vagary boss spells are one-time missions.
    You can't learn them from missions, although you can learn Cruel Joke off of Balamor from skirmish
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast