Character
    Eckamus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Domain Invasion -No Fly-

Having the dragons in Escha - Zi'Tah and Escha - Ru'Aun not fly would immensely help people on small servers to be able to complete this content when the event is not up. Is it possible to make the No Fly event a permanent thing, like was done with the respawn timers of the dragaons. Basically, as it stands people only kill those dragons when the event is up on my server and Quetzalcoatl is the only dragon that gets killed regularly.
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Could also do it so it's when less than a set amount of people are in battle.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Could also do it so it's when less than a set amount of people are in battle.
    They really should not fly to begin with. It's just a time waster. Adds are fine but flying doesn't do anything but annoy people.
    (0)

This content has been tweaked and given the campaign treatment several times since I last bothered with it, but wasn't Domain Invasion tweaked sometime last spring or summer so that adds only showed up if there was more than one person in the fight and scaled upwards from there (1 add for 2 people, 2 adds for 3 people, etc)? Azi only flies if adds are around, it'll stay grounded if you kill them ASAP.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    This content has been tweaked and given the campaign treatment several times since I last bothered with it, but wasn't Domain Invasion tweaked sometime last spring or summer so that adds only showed up if there was more than one person in the fight and scaled upwards from there (1 add for 2 people, 2 adds for 3 people, etc)? Azi only flies if adds are around, it'll stay grounded if you kill them ASAP.
    Azi flies even w/ no adds up. He's gone airborne while I was soloing it before. (Zero adds possible.)
    The main issue with the flying is how it screws up positioning for trusts, which causes them to trigger flails depressingly reliably... Maybe allow flying to trigger only if the top 3 on the agro list are all real players? That would help w/ the lowman issue at least.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Azi flies even w/ no adds up. He's gone airborne while I was soloing it before. (Zero adds possible.)
    The main issue with the flying is how it screws up positioning for trusts, which causes them to trigger flails depressingly reliably... Maybe allow flying to trigger only if the top 3 on the agro list are all real players? That would help w/ the lowman issue at least.
    That's strange, wonder why that was changed. Is it campaign related or was it happening before it started? As for trust positioning, that's a separate issue altogether. The way I'd handle it when I was forced to solo it (and I did a whole lot of that back on Cerberus) was to quickly disengage and re-engage to make sure the tank I was using wasn't in a position to flail it. It's an inconvenience to be sure since those 2-3 seconds can sometimes be the difference between life and death, but not a whole lot that can be done about it without asking the devs to dedicate some time to programming AI which I don't think is realistic right now, unfortunately.
    (0)

Player
    That was with no campaign. (Do you really think it's possible to be alone at any dragon atm on Asura? lol)
    The trust positioning issues are really quite bad. I've watched Amchuchu slowwwwwly inch her way around from dead-front-center alllll the way around til she could trigger a flail for Altana's sake ><;; I've watched Yoran-Oran repeatedly run directly behind after re-engage repositioning and cause flails. I've watched all my trusts AND the dragon spin around like crazed windmills after a take-off/landing because none of them can figure out where they are supposed to be standing lol orz

Who knows, maybe the flight triggering while solo was a bug or something. :/ That was actually the reason I gave up on my solo/lowman attempts of E-Z/E-R Domain Invasions though, so I'm pretty darn sure it happened. ^^;;

Flying is simply the only aspect of these fights that can be fixed w/o directly adjusting the baseline trust AI, which is far too much to hope for. No flying = Sizable reduction in the headaches associated with this content without large scale system adjustments. I like my idea for "No flying unless top 3 on agro list are players", but flat out removing the mechanic would be a godsend for everyone who hasn't already capped out their vorseals.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 01-26-2017 at 07:26 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”