Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

BLU AF: 9+ hours of waiting? Why?

I don't really understand why we need to do so much waiting for the AF.

Consider, for a moment, you are a BLU and you are Fresh 99 and you got to 99 by any of the easy levelup paths available to you, and now you want to go out, learn spells, skill up, etc.

Well, the AF+1 armor would be a rather nice start to do this, right?

You do the AF Sword Quest (which is annoying to try to start, BTW), and then you do the AF Boots quest (and then turn them in to Monisette) and then you start Transformations.

Then you go to the shopkeeper to start working on your 3 other pieces, but what's this? It takes a full Game-Day for the piece to complete, AND you must wait ANOTHER game day? And then, you need to wait ANOTHER game-day for Monisette to get done with it, not once, but twice?

So, recap:

Day 1: Get Boots, drop boots off at Monisette. Start Hands.
    Day 2: Get Hands, Get 109 Boots, give Monisette the Hands (for the +Learning obviously)
    Day 3: Get 109 Hands, give Monisette the 109 Boots, start Body.
    Day 4: Get 119 Boots, get Body, give Monisette Body.
    Day 5: Start Legs, get 109 Body, give 109 Body to Monisette.
    Day 6: Get Legs, get 119 Body, give Monisette the Legs.
    Day 7: Get 109 Legs, give Monisette the 109 Legs.
    Day 8: Get 119 Legs, give Monisette the 109 Hands.
    Day 9: FINALLY! Get 119 Hands.

9..... stupid.... hours.... to finish the set.

Why can't the AF be "wait one game-hour" instead, like how the Chocobo License Quest was changed? That would make this a LOT more sensible.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Man seriously, do you do anything but complain? I mean seriously. Every day. The same thing.

Look, it's there for a lore reason. They already caved and made it one game day, that's enough.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    Man seriously, do you do anything but complain? I mean seriously. Every day. The same thing.
    XD Seems to me that Aysha is a fairly recent returnee, and doing the exact same thing that I did when I came back. Everything that acts as a buzzkill for the returnee excitement of actually getting stuff done becomes far more irritating than it used to be. There should still be some long posts in the Bard forum dissecting everything that's wrong with the job from when I first returned for instance. ^^;; I think it's a pretty natural response from MMO players to attempt to reach out to the devs of their game of choice to try to get perceived BadThings changed, particularly when we are still in the beginner phase. As long as the complaints posted here have some sort of reasonable logic behind it, then it's worth posting and discussing, in my opinion.

-----

That said, the reforging process does not differ much at all between jobs. The only variance here is the time required for the initial set, which also affects ALL post-ZM jobs iirc? Since it's something that has lore reasons behind it (BIG influence on dev decisions,) and is not singling out a certain job with increased difficulty, there doesn't seem to be much ground to base the complaint on. Plus, 9hrs does not seem like much of a roadblock for a full set of 119 gear IMO, given you are not standing there for 9hrs to turn stuff in. If that is what you did and are complaining about, then you are just silly. :3
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    9 hours is too long to get gear to allow you to begin End Game, say whaaaa?
    (1)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    To be fair, I was not complaining about the 1-day wait on Monisette.

I'm not even complaining about the 1-day wait on the Magus pieces.

What I AM wondering, is why... when you have to wait 1 day for the piece to get done, do you have to wait ANOTHER day before you can even START the next piece?

It isn't just *one* day, it's *two* days for each piece. What should only take 3 hours ends up taking 6 and there's really no in-game reason to do so.

Every other job (Except maybe COR, RUN, and GEO?) you can do the AF faster than that, and that's even with doing coffers, and quests.

And to answer Jakuk's question... it takes far more than 9 hours: you need the materials (some of which are expensive) and the Rem's Tales first. The 9 hours is JUST The time spent waiting. And again, it isn't about the one-day wait from the time you turn it in until you get the piece, it's the full game-day they make you wait between being able to start.

So, again...

Day 1: Turn piece in.
    Day 2: Pick Piece up.
    Day 3: Wait....
    Day 4: Turn 2nd Piece in

etc. I'm really not understanding why the Day 3 wait is necessary; nobody else (other than the other jobs I mentioned?) needs to wait like this. It's waiting for the sake of waiting, and only a few job(s) need to do it, and most of the others don't.

EDIT: And it isn't even about the 119 armor... I suppose I could have worded my OP a bit better. If you're Lv60 and you're doing all your AF... that 6+ hours could be a rather annoying buzzkill.

And sometimes... you just need/want the armor before doing other stuff, and if you're Lv60 and you're leveling... you're not going to want to go and do something else and have to drop what you're doing, lose any Prowess effects or built-up GoV Regimes to come running back so you can turn another piece in.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 01-27-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    It takes the same time for COR, BLU, PUP, DNC, SCH, RUN and GEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    And to answer Jakuk's question... it takes far more than 9 hours: you need the materials (some of which are expensive) and the Rem's Tales first. The 9 hours is JUST The time spent waiting. And again, it isn't about the one-day wait from the time you turn it in until you get the piece, it's the full game-day they make you wait between being able to start.
    All of which can be done in the downtime while waiting for the first piece to upgrade.

I leveled COR recently, and in the time between waiting I farmed/crafted/purchased the items needed and the Rem's for the next piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    And sometimes... you just need/want the armor before doing other stuff, and if you're Lv60 and you're leveling... you're not going to want to go and do something else and have to drop what you're doing, lose any Prowess effects or built-up GoV Regimes to come running back so you can turn another piece in.
    Leveling from 50~99 doesn't require you to make sure you have the best armor/gear you can do it rather quickly in level 40 gear if you want.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 01-27-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    *sigh*

Apparently, this forum is no different than any other -- how dare someone suggest a QoL change that pretty much nobody would have anything against.

I really don't understand this ridiculous behavior on forums. Whenever someone has a complaint about something that seems unnecessary and unfun like waiting for something when there's really no game balance/mechanics reasons why the waiting must exist, a bunch of people will pop up and attack the poster for "whining", and they will attack their position, even though the proposed change is harmless and if the developers had done that, pretty much nobody would have anything against it.

I'll give you an example.

Let's go back to 2005, and let's say I had made this post about the Chocobo License Quest. Let's say I made a post that says "What's with the 6 hour wait time on the Chocobo License!?" and guess what? We'd have people like those in this thread that would attack me for whining, and explaining it away with things like "Go level in Qufim!" or "It's fine!".

But yet, the developers changed it from a game-day to game-hour, and... what's this? I've not heard a single person go "Oh, man, why'd they change this!? It was better when we had to wait a whole IRL hour instead of a couple minutes!" (said no one, ever).

Let's face it: It isn't my proposal to cut down on some of the wait that you're attacking.... it's me, and the fact that I am asking for changes that you are attacking. You absolutely would not mind whatsoever if they cut down the "come back next game day" in-between pieces to "zone and wait one game-hour" or some-such. You wouldn't have a single complaint against it.

You're just attacking me because I have a complaint, and because I dared post it on the forums.

At the end of the day, changing the wait time in-between pieces from game-day to game-hour...

1). Does not have any impact upon game balance.
    2). Doesn't have any impact on "lore" or "immersion" (the 'I'm tired, I'm closing shop for the day' seems forced to enforce the wait time, so it's the other way around).
    3). Is a QoL change that would hurt nothing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 01-27-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Couldn't care less if they do adjust it to be *even easier than it already is*

But there are more important things. They only bother to fix one thing at a time, and giving away bad gear faster doesn't need to be a priority.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    No one is attacking you nor stating you're not allowed an opinion, people are having a discussion as per the purpose of a discussion board/forum.

Of course no one will complain about something being changed to a shorter time (In fact I don't see a single person saying it's better every game day), that doesn't mean others can't be fine with the way it is now, Like I said, in the downtime I had in getting the armour and i-leveling it I "collected" the items I needed for the other pieces so to me there was no issue, to me one game day is nothing to wait but then I come from the era of FFXI of waiting one real life day, to one real life week to upgrade my armour.
    (1)

I don't see the point of maintaining game day waits for reforged gear anymore either. I guess the intention when it was introduced was to make sure no one was storming through new content and then complaining they had nothing left to do at end game. If this was still a time when horizontal progression was the name of the game I would say, sure, it makes sense to maintain the wait times, but today? Nope. Omen's +2/+3 gear has one-upped 109 and 119 +1 gear, so maybe it's time to remove the wait times. Having these wait times stack up is counterproductive in today's environment.
    (0)