Character
    Avengeroflight
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Returning player need advise

Hi, I've been away for about 4 years now. I have 3 jobs maxed at 99 which are dnc, blu, and bst with smn at 98 and blm at 96. I last played right when Adoulin first was release (quit like 2 months after it came out). So needless to say I'm completely lost on what to do or even where to begin. I mained dnc when I lasted play but love smn and blu as well.

I mainly solo but am not afraid to do group stuff if I have to. Mainly want to know what kind of gear I should be aiming for and do people do the story quests still? Can I solo them or do they still require a group to complete? (the stories I haven't completed are WotG and SoA and any that were added after that if any where)

I normally wouldn't ask but there's so much new stuff that was added that makes it hard to tell what to do. Any kind of direction for me to aim for would be really helpful and thank you in advance.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You can pretty much solo all the story missions, may need to shout on some of the latter RoV and Adoulin.

Personally, I would prioritise finishing Rhapsodies of Vanadiel first, and getting iLevel 119 gear.
    (0)

Like Jakuk says, finish Adoulin and RoV before you do much of anything else. The various KIs are nice the the CP bonuses are the biggest reason.

Of the jobs you have, I feel like BST will be your best get-up-and-go to get solo things done. However, it's not desirable to most parties as pets only get particular buffs. If you have charmer's merlin, keep it, but it's about the only non-ilvl weapon worth it anymore (even kclub is just a novelty).

BLMs, once fairly geared, are really desirable to groups because a common strategy is bursting off SCH skillchains. (Make sure and check out Spaekona's Coat +1 and how to get it, great for solo and in easier situations).

Empy WS are now available to all weapons if you unlock them. Definitely do that for Myrkr and CDC if you don't already have them.

I'm not ignoring your BLU (I love BLU), it's a good idea to gear it but it's probably worst starting out than your other jobs.

As for gear, talk to the taru in Mhaura about Ambuscade. You can get some decent starter gear via that. If you manage to +1, some of the gear (usually 1 piece per set) is stand out, top notch stuff.
    (0)