Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Skill up Books for Automaton

As you know leveling is much faster now than ever. But with Puppetmaster you have 3 skills that need to be leveled (Melee, Ranged, Magic) on your Automaton. Aside from the Peroclator attachment, there is no way to boost skill ups for your Automaton.

Can you implement training manuals for each individual skill for the Automaton. Furthermore, would it be possible for skill up gear and food to affect the Automaton as well?

This would be a huge QOL improvement for new and aspiring Puppetmasters.
    (10)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think this is a great idea. Whereas I've had since the release of ToAH to skill up my Automaton, I can definitely see how new players would have difficulty--and it would be on par with what has already been provided via the skill up books purchasable with sparks or via the Auction house anyway... so definitely worth looking into. Good suggestion.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Absolutely not!
    PUP is a dedication job and should not be rushed in any way.
    Slow and steady.
    (1)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilian View Post
    Absolutely not!
    PUP is a dedication job and should not be rushed in any way.
    Slow and steady.
    So.....nobody should play PUP if they're not willing to fight TW mobs for hours to skill their puppet up? lol.

The game has enough pointless grinds anwyays. Any other job can spend sparks to skip the boring skillup phase, and weapons commonly have +skill so you can hit Lv100 mobs even with low skill, allowing you to skill on mobs that at least give you XP.

With a puppet, that's not so easy. Even with an item level animator, I find that my puppet still can't hit very well whatsoever with melee attacks (I imagine ranged is even worse), so a way to skip the earlier skill levels would be awesome.

Still need to learn how to play the job, still need to get the gear, etc. I just don't see any value in fighting TW enemies until your puppet can actually hit Lv100 mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    If you gear it properly and fight appropriate mobs (not tw) you can cap melee/ranged skill in eh 3 hours~

Not to say that there shouldnt also be skill up books for autos. Its just not as hard as capping divine magic, or summoning magic.
    (0)

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    So.....nobody should play PUP if they're not willing to fight TW mobs for hours to skill their puppet up? lol.
    1. Don't rush your way to 99 and you will avoid needing to skill on anything far below skill range.
    2. Part of learning the job is skilling it up.
    3. No mention of 'nobody should play' in the post.

The lack of PUP knowledge throughout the player base come from rushing to play amongst the player base. When players rush, they don't learn to play the job effectively. This is one of those things which will ensure they take their time to do so.
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    If you gear it properly and fight appropriate mobs (not tw) you can cap melee/ranged skill in eh 3 hours~

Not to say that there shouldnt also be skill up books for autos. Its just not as hard as capping divine magic, or summoning magic.
    Yeah, try capping automaton magic them, one spell every 30 seconds... Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilian View Post
    1. Don't rush your way to 99 and you will avoid needing to skill on anything far below skill range.
    2. Part of learning the job is skilling it up.
    3. No mention of 'nobody should play' in the post.

The lack of PUP knowledge throughout the player base come from rushing to play amongst the player base. When players rush, they don't learn to play the job effectively. This is one of those things which will ensure they take their time to do so.
    Impossible when you get 2000+ EXP from EP mobs.

I can't believe people still believe you learn anything from levelling a job. Endgame works NOTHING like levelling.
    (1)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's why I specifically didn't mention automation magic!

There is a *trick* to cap auto magic without doing anything. So technically takes 0 time. But I won't be describing.

TBH endgame is the exact same thing as leveling. Engage > hit control 1 > engage > hit control 1 > engage > hit control 1.

If mage; skip engage > control 1 > afk > control 1
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    It's why I specifically didn't mention automation magic!

There is a *trick* to cap auto magic without doing anything. So technically takes 0 time. But I won't be describing.

TBH endgame is the exact same thing as leveling. Engage > hit control 1 > engage > hit control 1 > engage > hit control 1.

If mage; skip engage > control 1 > afk > control 1
    If you are talking about doing something like afking on a Reive overnight, that is "overnight" not "0 time". >_>
    If you are saying you found a way to go from 0>300 skill instantaneously, you should file a bug report. <_<

Skill books would be welcome and qualify as a Good Thing. Yes, please. ^^
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Yeah, try capping automaton magic them, one spell every 30 seconds... Fun!

Impossible when you get 2000+ EXP from EP mobs.

I can't believe people still believe you learn anything from levelling a job. Endgame works NOTHING like levelling.
    In today's game, find one instance in which whm or rdm puppet take that long to cast spells. This is one case in which you won't find any support for that claim.

Ranged is the slowest skill of each to level and can still be done relatively quick if you just focus on getting it done. Not even something you need sped up in any way.
    You learn plenty about PUP from leveling up, more from CPing, and most from soloing NMs. Take what you learn from there and see what works/doesnt' in groups. This has always been the case for PUP since day one.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast