Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I leveled PUP up to 99 on a mule almost entirely solo with a few Trust NPCs and Soulsoother (WHM) Automaton. Your puppet should be able to cast Dia at Lv. 1 with it's base form. Get the RDM Automaton at Lv. 10 and begin using that for magic skill ups as well as some melee skill ups. Stick with that until 40 when you're able to obtain the WHM head which will gain you access to more spells.

Any spell that is cast on you should give it skill ups. That includes Cure, Pro/Shell, and any debuff removing spells like Paralyna, Poisona, Silena, Erase. Also, dependent on level, any debuff that is used should also give skill ups. Dia, Slow (Earth Maneuver), Paralyze (Ice Maneuver) all work.

It won't all happen right away, or in the span of a few hours. But a great way to skill up your mage Automaton while making a little gil for yourself is to do Dynamis content. Nearly all mobs in Dynamis zones will give you skill ups all the way to cap.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    When I leveled my PUP to 99, I found the easiest way to get magic skill gains is to get fast kills.

If you have the mage body and harlequin head, the first thing the puppet does is cast Dia on the enemy you deploy it on.

As we all know, Dia is our friend when it comes to leveling Enfeebling!

Basically what you do, is fight something you can kill fast (get a buddy?). Engage, Deploy, kill. Engage, Deploy, Kill.

Each time, your puppet should cast Dia (at least it was doing that with me).

This should mean that your skill should level faster, rather than waiting for your puppet to cast again.
    (0)

Character
    Chipmunkys
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

For the love of God please add Automation Skill Books

SE claiming it would be a big inconvenience to players having to use books outside town, so we'd rather not implement this is just bull. I would personally be ok with only getting 1 book at a time and going outside and using it and repeating several times, than trying to skill my damn Mage Automation via it casting magic. Those modes (BLM/WHM/RDM) cast so slow, and even with percolator the skill ups are just painful. I've sat in Colonization Reives, tried APEX, Escha etc and its just retarded how slow magic skill ups come. Some say RDM cast faster, true this may be, but once you're buffed there is only 1~2 spells it uses after that. I was able to cap melee and ranged in ~2 hours just letting it auto-attack in reives, but some how doing 5 colon. reives a day for 5 days just pup nuking only nets me ~50 skill ups if I lucky. Now that I broke the 300 threshold I get .1~3 every 10 casts with skill up attachment. I'm reached the point I just gave up trying. Doing 2 Col. Reives and getting a whopping 1.7 skill just wasn't worth it. SE needs to do something for Mage Mode Automation skill ups seriously. Granted I don't ever play with mage pet but 1 day I would like try a APEX MB run with my pet but sadly I don't think i'll ever see it unless I spend 6 months trying to max my Automations Magic skill lol. So please I don't care how inconvenient implementing books for automations would be because it cannot be any worse than how slow it skills now.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3