Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Forgotten AF Weapons

This might have been said a lot of times. It still feels like it's missing. Can we get AF Weapons upgraded to iLv119? It's something that feels out of place.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    This might have been said a lot of times. It still feels like it's missing. Can we get AF Weapons upgraded to iLv119? It's something that feels out of place.
    They'd have to make something up for SCH, because their AF "Weapon" was a spell
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    They'd have to make something up for SCH, because their AF "Weapon" was a spell
    Could add a "book" ammo piece that enhances Klimaform somehow. ^^ Would be really sad if this really was the core reason that AF weapons were overlooked for the reforging process all this time..
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Could add a "book" ammo piece that enhances Klimaform somehow. ^^ Would be really sad if this really was the core reason that AF weapons were overlooked for the reforging process all this time..
    I agree with this. A nice ammo/ranged piece to enhance the AF spell would be awesome.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I agree with this. A nice ammo/ranged piece to enhance the AF spell would be awesome.
    Basically then SCH might have a worthwhile reforged AF "weapon" while all the other jobs would probably have something unusable. If it enhances some aspect of a job like the SCH ammo being discussed here, then putting it in the main slot will cause problems.

I think the question to ask is what does a reforged AF weapon add to the game? Who is it for? Will it rival RME weapons or will it be closer in strength to an Oboro weapon? Unless it provides something unique that can be used by everybody, it sounds like more trouble than it's worth.
    (1)

Player
    "Enhances Klimaform" could be tons of things. ^^;; If it was something as low-impact as increased duration and/or macc, it would be far from unfair to the rest. Even if it was something like MAB it could still be balanced out by lowering any other stats on it. Honestly, I just like the flavor behind a grimoire themed ammo boosting a SCH-unique ability. XD

I figure that if they were to do this, the general power level would have to rest somewhere around Oboro JSE level, just with different job-unique enhancements to give them a niche. They don't have to be BIS in order to be usable and it seems like a good idea to me to add another path to a 1st 119 weapon for those that don't have someone pulling them thru content.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Would rather they added an iLevel JSE neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    "Enhances Klimaform" could be tons of things. ^^;; If it was something as low-impact as increased duration and/or macc, it would be far from unfair to the rest. Even if it was something like MAB it could still be balanced out by lowering any other stats on it. Honestly, I just like the flavor behind a grimoire themed ammo boosting a SCH-unique ability. XD
    The point is it'd be useful as you can change it to gain the buffs, whereas even if JSE weapons had buffs, they'll be weaker than RMEA and many other weapons DMG wise so would never get used due to TP loss.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 01-05-2017 at 10:39 AM.

@Jakuk: Not me, running out of space for more JSE gear. We need some relief.

The point of oboro weapons is decent entry-level weapons and frequently a nice fallback weapon if acc is an issue, especially for dual-wielders.
    (0)

Player
    This is not a scholar centric idea. It's an idea to make all Artifacts "Weapons" relevant to their armor counterparts. It's not meant to be a JSE replacement either. It's something that is long overdue and should be also enhanced for all jobs. If for a Scholar it enhances Klimaform, maybe for a WAR it enhances Warcry or for a PLD Sentinel.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    This is not a scholar centric idea. It's an idea to make all Artifacts "Weapons" relevant to their armor counterparts. It's not meant to be a JSE replacement either. It's something that is long overdue and should be also enhanced for all jobs. If for a Scholar it enhances Klimaform, maybe for a WAR it enhances Warcry or for a PLD Sentinel.
    Okay, but why would we want that? Gear that enhances very specific aspects of a job can be useful but if we're talking about weapons then it's pretty much a non-starter. What kind of stats would your theoretical WAR axe (yes, it's an axe) have to have in order to be useful?

I like JSE gear but I have no fond memories of AF weapons. They couldn't be stored for years, not even with the NPC and most people just threw them out as soon as they got them so I don't even think nostalgia is a factor.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast