Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please consider adding ilvl Aegis and Ochain

As the title says, please add these shields.

A reasonable amount of shield skill on Aegis along with say Spell-Interruption-Down 30% would be a fantastic piece. Aegis's only shortcoming is getting a spell off when multiple things are hitting you. The standard spell interruption while still staying dt-capped is involves swapping belt, ammo, feet (odyssean), legs (founder's) and both earrings to otherwise suboptimal gear.

As for Ochain, I'd be perfectly happy with just a better blocker. Ilvl could have things like increased block value (DEF), straight normal armor defense, HP.

For most jobs, one or multiple of RMEA are the best weapons in the game but not by the distance that they used to be. Ochain could again become the best blocker and Priwen could and should be competitive while reprisal is up, even if there was also a boost to it's base block rate.
    (3)

Player
    You don't shiny new shields unless BRD's instruments get a polish too :x Devs have gone on record multiple times that they have no intention to upgrade shields/instruments any further, but doesn't hurt to get confirmation on that stance every 6mon or so. Altana knows how BRD can use any help it can get at this point. ;;

I'm all for buffs to both, tho it feels like PLD is already in a pretty good place with the shields already. (Speaking as a non-tank who watches tanks get hit for 0s when I would be getting pulped pretty fast if I were to try taking the same hits, even in 60%+ dt on BST.. and that only works in positive correlation situations.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 12-31-2016 at 05:44 AM.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Devs have gone on record multiple times that they have no intention to upgrade shields
    With good reason, an upgrade on already OP items would be ridiculous.
    (0)

Aegis is very powerful, though necessary for PLD tanking. Most PLDs want it to block more. I'm okay if it doesn't. I think SIRD on it would be an awesome compromise.

Ochain isn't OP and the JSE shield outshines it in some scenarios. Yes, absolutely, Ochain used to be OP. Maybe 100% blocking outside of a specialized set (I'd be okay with that) is overpowered, but with priwen available and Ochain much easier to obtain, I don't think buffs would be unreasonable.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Do you want to pay 100m per to make them have ilvl? They're already absurdly powerful without ilvl, and MANDATORY to play paladin, but I found that ok because they're so easy to obtain and get and you don't need to spend 100m on them like a normal relic/emp.

However if they do this you'll need to ;/ It'd suck HORRIBLY for new players/paladins.
    (0)

I find Ochain to be in the same boat gear-wise as RDM is on the job front, having lost its raison d'etre (re: block rate) and before anyone even tries, let's be clear that, while nice, the MP return was icing on the cake, not its primary appeal. If it takes 10,000 boulders/beitetsu/pluton to upgrade them then so be it, but like BRD instruments they deserve some sort of ilvl upgrade.
    (1)

I would absolutely be willing to pay 100m to upgrade Aegis.

Ochain... would cots me about 250m. It would hurt but I'd do it. Yeah, FFXIAH says I have a 99 Ochain but it's wrong.

New paladins already need to make an Aegis. Ochain 90 is still an alright shield, and priwen does exist. I don't think this would put a new burden on anyone.
    (0)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 12-31-2016 at 03:37 PM.

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Aegis and ochain are already perfectly reasonable at their current powerlevel compared to the work they take to farm.

You can achieve 100% interruption rate down without gimping yourself while casting.

The loss of a few hundred HP from swapping off HP+ gear is just a necessary evil of wanting to achieve max interrupt rate down.

You will lose a total of 270 HP doing these swaps, and by swapping other pieces of gear correctly though you can maintain that 270 HP still and still have the 50 PDT/MDT etc etc.

I would like to see something more worthwhile added to 99+ Ochain, since it takes about twice as much effort as a 99 aegis. Preferably I'd like to see a Shield Mastery bonus added onto Ochain at lv 99.
    (1)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    Aegis and ochain are already perfectly reasonable at their current powerlevel compared to the work they take to farm.

You can achieve 100% interruption rate down without gimping yourself while casting.

The loss of a few hundred HP from swapping off HP+ gear is just a necessary evil of wanting to achieve max interrupt rate down.

You will lose a total of 270 HP doing these swaps, and by swapping other pieces of gear correctly though you can maintain that 270 HP still and still have the 50 PDT/MDT etc etc.

I would like to see something more worthwhile added to 99+ Ochain, since it takes about twice as much effort as a 99 aegis. Preferably I'd like to see a Shield Mastery bonus added onto Ochain at lv 99.
    i lose so much hp i am max 3470 hp as a pld with spell intteruption i go down to 3021, they need to update Shields and instruments add Stats Buff to each song by 2 of all stats maybe? and add more defence on normal shields id be down for that, no need to give it shield skill tbh if they think its op.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Do you want to pay 100m per to make them have ilvl? They're already absurdly powerful without ilvl, and MANDATORY to play paladin, but I found that ok because they're so easy to obtain and get and you don't need to spend 100m on them like a normal relic/emp.

However if they do this you'll need to ;/ It'd suck HORRIBLY for new players/paladins.
    You don't need to spend any gil on anything. You can farm it, or you can farm other things to sell and exchange for the items required. This is what gives the game purpose. Saying they should not upgrade something based on the fact it would be expensive to just buy it all outright does not seem like a good argument. You do not need to be geared to the max to participate in events, you may not be geared to participate in VD mode, D, or N, but that is why they placed in VE and E for many events. Just because it would take a new player a large amount of effort to catch up to completely endgame is also a terrible argument.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast