Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Since the campaign is called "Dominion Invasion COFFER", is a coffer actually supposed to spawn? I note there was confusion about this a couple pages ago in this thread and nobody answered the person.

I've done 4 of these now and have gotten nothing but eschalixirs, silt and beads, so I just wanna make sure I'm not missing out or anything.

Also, wiki says you only pay the fee once for a vorseal, but yet wiki ALSO says that a vorseal only lasts for 1 hour? How does that work, exactly?
    (0)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Since the campaign is called "Dominion Invasion COFFER", is a coffer actually supposed to spawn? I note there was confusion about this a couple pages ago in this thread and nobody answered the person.

I've done 4 of these now and have gotten nothing but eschalixirs, silt and beads, so I just wanna make sure I'm not missing out or anything.

Also, wiki says you only pay the fee once for a vorseal, but yet wiki ALSO says that a vorseal only lasts for 1 hour? How does that work, exactly?
    It's random if you get gear or not from them. I've noticed I get gear more by doing absolutely nothing, compared to using trusts and actually fighting the wyrms.

As for vorseals, its permanent, but they wear in an hour, so you just rezone and they're back
    (0)

Player

No coffer spawns. The additional drops are just added to your personal loot / added directly to your inventory. (So make sure you have plenty of room before hopping on the train!) Sometimes the lag/chatspam can overload the chat log so nothing is displayed, but the loot still drops into your inventory, so if you don't see even 'lixirs in your chat log make sure to doublecheck your bag. Sadly, the drop rate on the campaign drops is not stellar, so going 0/4 is not surprising in the least. Just keep plugging away and you should get something cool eventually. ^^;;

You pay once to buy the vorseal which unlocks it permanently for your character. When you enter an escha zone, you get a buff also called "vorseal" (which includes the effects from all purchased vorseals,) that lasts for 1hr from the time you zone in. After spending an hour in the zone, the buff wears off, but if you rezone it will get refreshed to the full duration.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Obysuca View Post
    It's random if you get gear or not from them. I've noticed I get gear more by doing absolutely nothing, compared to using trusts and actually fighting the wyrms.
    I've found this to be the case, too. I've intentionally monitored two of my characters, one trying for high evaluation while the other didn't engage at all, and the one that didn't engage at all was not only receiving more stones (with far fewer vorseals), but also a lot more gear. A little different in Ru'Aun where effort was at least resulting in more eschalixirs all of the time.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    No coffer spawns. The additional drops are just added to your personal loot / added directly to your inventory. (So make sure you have plenty of room before hopping on the train!) Sometimes the lag/chatspam can overload the chat log so nothing is displayed, but the loot still drops into your inventory, so if you don't see even 'lixirs in your chat log make sure to doublechechttp://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51892-Recently-returned-but-having-trouble-getting-into-post-99-content-please-advise-.../page15k your bag. Sadly, the drop rate on the campaign drops is not stellar, so going 0/4 is not surprising in the least. Just keep plugging away and you should get something cool eventually. ^^;;
    Well, I'm more like 0/8 now, so... meh.

You pay once to buy the vorseal which unlocks it permanently for your character. When you enter an escha zone, you get a buff also called "vorseal" (which includes the effects from all purchased vorseals,) that lasts for 1hr from the time you zone in. After spending an hour in the zone, the buff wears off, but if you rezone it will get refreshed to the full duration.
    I was thinking that might be what the wiki meant, but then I was like "naaah, that doesn't even make sense."

Which leads me to ask.... why even have it wear off, if all you gotta do is re-zone to re-apply the buff? Does that even make sense?
    (0)

Which leads me to ask.... why even have it wear off, if all you gotta do is re-zone to re-apply the buff? Does that even make sense?
    Probably to dissuade people from idling there all day or running AFK for long periods of time, somewhat similar to Abyssea.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    Probably to dissuade people from idling there all day or running AFK for long periods of time, somewhat similar to Abyssea.
    ^ This. Plus, it's likely an anti-bot mechanism and/or a forced excuse to get us to walk away from the game for a bit.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15