Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    My argument is that anyone - and all their friends/LS mates if need be - can play the game the same way they're currently playing it if they moved servers. That being true, what purpose does a smaller server retain? Moving to Asura doesn't stop you from doing anything you're currently doing and, on top of that, presents you with new options the smaller servers do not. I use Asura as the standard not because I have friends there (though some did move there before/after and with me) but because, in all likelihood, no other server will come close to matching its English speaking player base before the game shuts down completely and 1,600 simultaneous accounts online is still a far cry from the numbers we used to play with. So, even if you're of the opinion that the game is 2x, 4x, 6x or whatever amount more demanding on the servers as it used to be there is still room to grow. 16 servers in 2017 is just too many. Players who return from a long hiatus often wind up hitting the message boards and asking where to transfer to because their servers are, in their eyes, dead compared to what they remembered. Why does this need to be a thing? Twice before in the game's history it consolidated servers when their numbers went too low for the dev team's liking. Those servers that were underpopulated in March 2010 and May 2011 were all more populated than Asura currently is today. Can we stop acting like 1,600 simultaneous players is too much for a world the size of FFXI's?
    Here's an example that may be unique to Valefor. In the NA community, I'd say we're generally months behind the really strong linkshells on other servers with more hardcore endgame communities. Basically, we have 2 NA linkshells that are capable of farming Aeonic weapons. We had a 3rd LS recently come back to the game from a long break; my hope is that they find success and start farming some Aeonics of their own. As I haven't experienced a larger server, I can't compare but I imagine the community is a lot more tight-knit and everybody knows everybody to a much higher degree. I live in Hawaii and I can definitely appreciate that (as the saying goes, "it's a small island"), although I acknowledge that it's not for everybody. People who burn their bridges leave. People who want gear faster than the server can provide it also leave. That's okay.

Even though the NA community is small, the JP community is both strong and numerous. This means that a lot of the multi-player aspects of the server are still quite functional, such as the maintenance of blessings (not all the time though) and AH supply/demand.

Yes, I'm sure you'll say Asura is just like that except there are more people to do things. Maybe? But maybe not.

If there is something you can do on a smaller server that's impossible to do on the larger ones I'd love to hear it. It might do this discussion some good as the accusations of hurling personal insults and having words stuffed down my throat are starting to get annoying.
    Hey now, only one person resorted to posting memes in this thread. If you're going to try and keep the discourse at a certain level, then check yourself.

I'm not making the claim that there's some things you can necessarily do on a smaller server that would be impossible on a larger server. Again, please, please go back to the first post I made in this thread that started this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Asura sounds great for some kinds of people but may not be ideal for everybody, even a returning player
    May not. As in, there may be people who prefer a different server.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    While I agree the rejection rate is most likely because of connection(that's like, literally the entire point I've been making) and possibly the higher competition in the job market, it's not possible to move entire server of NA population from one server to another like you claimed.
    I never made such a claim. I'm telling you that you could move yourself/your LS/your friends to another server, in this case Asura, and still function as you are.

You keep having this ideal scenario in your head that entire community could just move without a word,
    Why would anyone think this? Unless you're Professor X, communication is kind of necessary.

but you didn't consider the unique scenario that some people simply just don't move. You also speak strictly from a more general perspective, from a bigger picture, while I speak from an individual pov.
    Of course I considered it. Some people are stubborn, some don't have the luxury of $18 to spend, some just don't care for large populations, which is an unfortunate case for someone paying to play an MMORPG, but I digress. We're all speaking from personal points of view.

And even if in your most ideal scenario that all the none big 3 server players move to Asura, that's 12 servers of population. 12x300= 3600. That's 3600+ more people adding to Asura's 1200 people, making it 4800+. Even if competition on Asura is tolerable now with 1200 players, it certainly won't be with 4800. In fact I think at that point it'd hurt Asura more than anything. And I certainly, for sure, without doubt, don't want to play on a server with close to 5000 people even if all my connections are around.
    Why not? You did so in the past, assuming you played during the 75 cap days.

Also, "All the none big 3 server players"? That's an odd way to go about it. 16 servers -> 1 server with a wealth of changes to accommodate the larger population. Future content would need to be designed with the open world. Go take a stroll through the old zones like Meriphataud and La Theine Plataeu, for example, where you can sometimes take a look around and not see a single monster 45+ yalms from you in any direction. That old content can be updated while retaining it's low level progression and questing status. Just add more monsters, lower their respawn timers, tweak existing NMs and/or add new new ones, including drops. Voila. What's old is new again and, if successful, will draw players out of town or away from other content we currently feel pigeonholed into, for lack of a better term.

I'm not WoW's biggest fan, but it did some things exceptionally well, including the open world design where you could accidentally walk into a camp of monsters far above your level if you weren't paying attention. It added a sense of danger/exploration to it that no longer exists in FFXI. In this day and age I probably wouldn't be exaggerating to say there are a lot of players who wouldn't know their way around a lot of the world, such as Western Altepa/Quicksand Caves, Dangruf Wadi/Northern Gustaberg, and so on. That's disappointing for a game with a world of this size. Remember questing the Selbina map? This game needs to give us reasons to get back out to those older, often ignored areas and want to spend our time there. There's one solution to the overcrowding concern.

Also to people who repeatly play the "but other MMO has more than that" or "but 2006 FFXI has more than that" card. Other MMO has instances, FFXI doesn't.
    2006 FFXI didn't have instances either. We would get stuck waiting 1-45 mins in certain cases, or choose to move onto something else while the group inside finished up. The latter is what seems to escape people today. You see the Ambuscade wait time is 10 mins per entry, so why not go do something else until it quiets down? If your go-to CP camp is taken, instead of complaining about it on a message board or taking your ball and going home go explore the Adoulin areas. There are plenty of camps that are often ignored, to the point that when someone first discovers it they say something along the lines of "OMG guys, found a great camp, don't tell anyone!"

2017 FFXI only has 1 real endgame content which is T4/Kirin, and only 1 (ideal)pop spot for those NM.
    Am I the only one that finds this claim ridiculous? Escha/Reis of all tiers, not just T4/Kirin, Ambuscade, Omen, HTBF, Sinister Reign, Vagary and UNM are all end game content that draw players out of town. Master Trials are a joke to me, but it's there for those who welcome the challenge and want a medieval lightsaber. While not necessarily end game content anymore, Delve, Abyssea, Dynamis and Assault/Salvage all still draw enough interest from players to spread them out across the world, too.

Here's an example that may be unique to Valefor.
    It's not. I'm not the best mouthpiece for this particular issue as I haven't had any real interest in returning to the end game grind, but there are plenty of linkshells of varying degrees of success on Asura, some of which are very exclusive/elitist and some of which are welcoming of almost anyone that is at least halfway decently geared, as well as those who are just jumping into things for the first time, learning as they go and welcoming of everyone. Knowing what I do from firsthand experience, I have a very hard time accepting the idea that there is any situation where a player or players/linkshell from another server would have a difficult time mixing in with the existing population. It's very common to see players using /yell to announce their return or ask for help here and receive the help/answers they were seeking. And yes, get trolled in the process, too, but part of me still finds that entertaining (the part that will never grow up).

Even though the NA community is small, the JP community is both strong and numerous. This means that a lot of the multi-player aspects of the server are still quite functional, such as the maintenance of blessings (not all the time though) and AH supply/demand.
    Functional, perhaps, but in this context that's as good as saying it's just barely acceptable. The JP community was the only thing keeping Cerberus from collapsing last year and I imagine that situation is probably quite similar for other servers right now as well. The average JP player, in my experience, aims to work together with those around them and is always looking to improve the team as a whole before themselves. The average NA player has dollar signs in their eyes and places themselves above everyone else. "You do you, I'll do me."

Hey now, only one person resorted to posting memes in this thread. If you're going to try and keep the discourse at a certain level, then check yourself.
    Fair enough.

May not. As in, there may be people who prefer a different server.
    Yes, but it's the "why?" I mean, you can say it's because of your friends/connections/LS, but again, if everyone you enjoy playing with was on the same page and agreed to transfer you would be able to do everything you did on your old server in addition to things you couldn't, so we come back to the original question: why would you prefer a smaller server?
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    I never made such a claim. I'm telling you that you could move yourself/your LS/your friends to another server, in this case Asura, and still function as you are.
    I can't, realistically. You made this entire argument assuming people on smaller servers only ever play with 3 close friends and they just need to text these 3 friends "Hey, let's move to Asura" and they'll all come and have all the connections with them on a new server.

It doesn't work that way. It's more like, most people have 2-4 different LSs, even the smallest LS that had 6-8 people excluding mules. There's also people that regularly can help with events. If I add all the people in my "endgame connections" together, that's at least 30 people. If I say "Hey, let's move to Asura", they'd just lol and continue to do whatever they usually do(aeonic/vag/whatever).

While it may be possible to convince 2~3 close friends to move(that was probably your case), it's not possible to convince ENTIRE SERVER of 30+ people in endgame connections to move, unless I'm Obama. Not to mention half of the people that i know of doesn't need to move as they have efficient aeonic groups, 6+ mules, ability to clear everything including master trials, are JPs etc, or just not interested in making progress on their characters.

You see, the issue here is complete lack of realistic incentives. You keep saying "everyone just move", then acted as if everyone all benefits greatly if entire server of people moves. The problem is that it simply isn't an incentive for many people. And that's A LOT of people, not just 2 to 3.

Can I convince 2-3 people to move with me? Probably. Can I convince 30+ people including JPs to move? No. And if I can't, then I can't function as I were. I'd have to rebuild my entire connection on different server, and even then it's not the same.

I keep repeating, over and over, I can't kill things on NotRagnarok like I kill things on Ragnarok, at least not as easily. I can't function as I was on any server like you claimed, and I'm feeling like a broken record now.

Why would anyone think this? Unless you're Professor X, communication is kind of necessary.
    No amount of communication can translate to realistic incentives that's attractive to my friends, who already does better than 90% of Asurans that can't get into an endgame LS. What kind of incentive do you offer on the table for my NotAsura friends that already have master trial clears, aeonic, multiple mules? Nothing.

How about I'll give you the contact list of all my friends, see if you can convince them?

Of course I considered it. Some people are stubborn, some don't have the luxury of $18 to spend, some just don't care for large populations, which is an unfortunate case for someone paying to play an MMORPG, but I digress. We're all speaking from personal points of view.
    Fair enough, at least you realized that you're speaking from a personal pov now, instead of universal truth.

While I agree that some people doesn't move because they're stubborn(If someone wants to make progress but unable to due to low pop, and refuse to move, then that person is definitely stubborn), 90% of the people that I've spoke to but refuse to move, have 2 solid reasons:

1) Making progress isn't appealing to them, nor it's their main in game goal. In that case paying $18 is just an illogical choice.
    2) They have absolutely zero issue killing the hardest stuff in game and clear everything they want to, in that case paying $18 is just an illogical choice.

Also, "All the none big 3 server players"? That's an odd way to go about it. 16 servers -> 1 server with a wealth of changes to accommodate the larger population. Future content would need to be designed with the open world. Go take a stroll through the old zones like Meriphataud and La Theine Plataeu, for example, where you can sometimes take a look around and not see a single monster 45+ yalms from you in any direction. That old content can be updated while retaining it's low level progression and questing status. Just add more monsters, lower their respawn timers, tweak existing NMs and/or add new new ones, including drops. Voila. What's old is new again and, if successful, will draw players out of town or away from other content we currently feel pigeonholed into, for lack of a better term.

I'm not WoW's biggest fan, but it did some things exceptionally well, including the open world design where you could accidentally walk into a camp of monsters far above your level if you weren't paying attention. It added a sense of danger/exploration to it that no longer exists in FFXI. In this day and age I probably wouldn't be exaggerating to say there are a lot of players who wouldn't know their way around a lot of the world, such as Western Altepa/Quicksand Caves, Dangruf Wadi/Northern Gustaberg, and so on. That's disappointing for a game with a world of this size. Remember questing the Selbina map? This game needs to give us reasons to get back out to those older, often ignored areas and want to spend our time there. There's one solution to the overcrowding concern.
    So, are you asking SE to redevelop ALL content and merge servers to accommodate larger player base? This is even more unrealistic than asking me to convince 30 people to transfer with me.

The matter of fact is, current game content doesn't favor 5k players 2006 style. In 75 days how many people do endgame? How many people just log on and exp their lv 45 jobs? These days most people at lv 99 more or less would attempt escha.

2006 FFXI didn't have instances either. We would get stuck waiting 1-45 mins in certain cases, or choose to move onto something else while the group inside finished up. The latter is what seems to escape people today. You see the Ambuscade wait time is 10 mins per entry, so why not go do something else until it quiets down? If your go-to CP camp is taken, instead of complaining about it on a message board or taking your ball and going home go explore the Adoulin areas. There are plenty of camps that are often ignored, to the point that when someone first discovers it they say something along the lines of "OMG guys, found a great camp, don't tell anyone!"
    Why would anyone go "explore adoulin areas" in event time while waiting for #2 pop spots to open up>.> Again, this makes no sense to me.

Am I the only one that finds this claim ridiculous? Escha/Reis of all tiers, not just T4/Kirin, Ambuscade, Omen, HTBF, Sinister Reign, Vagary and UNM are all end game content that draw players out of town. Master Trials are a joke to me, but it's there for those who welcome the challenge and want a medieval lightsaber. While not necessarily end game content anymore, Delve, Abyssea, Dynamis and Assault/Salvage all still draw enough interest from players to spread them out across the world, too.
    Again, you're speaking from a "general population" perspective. And it can't apply to everyone. I haven't done SR/Vagary/UNM/HTBC for months because I don't need stuff from it, and I can do Ambuscade, Escha T1/T3 regardless of the server. There's no reason to choose servers for SR/Vagary/UNM/HTBC/Escha T1/T3 for me because I can do it regardless of the server.

It's the T4/master trial level of content that may affect my server choice. If I get an invite from a LS that's capable of clear T4/PW2/Master trials on a daily basis and guarantee a party spot in the party, I'd transfer to that server without 2nd thought, even if that server only has 60 people online everyday.

As you can see, I speak strictly about T4/master trials/PW2 sort of things, because it's content that interest me, and I can't just do these things on any server, even if the server has 5000 people. So why are you trying to apply your example on others?

It's not. I'm not the best mouthpiece for this particular issue as I haven't had any real interest in returning to the end game grind
    Okay, so basically there are 2 people in this thread who obviously isn't involved in endgame, doesn't understand how endgame community works differently from PUG community, on the same time those people are trying to convince people that does endgame and state their pov as universal facts?

Let me set things straight. We're not on the same pages here, our playing experience, goals, desires, people that we know, are all too different. We are completely different type of player and we aren't going to reach an agreement in this case. It is fine that we're different, but it is not fine to act as if your situations apply to everyone. What works for YOU, doesn't necessary work for others who has different background, goals, connections etc.

From my perspective, most if not all of your arguments is either extremely unrealistic (Just ask everyone to move!), doesn't understand how things function(you can function as you were with friends transferring with you) or not considering individual in game goal differences. You just imagine how FFXI community works in your head, but realistically, it doesn't work that way.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-11-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    It's not. I'm not the best mouthpiece for this particular issue as I haven't had any real interest in returning to the end game grind, but there are plenty of linkshells of varying degrees of success on Asura, some of which are very exclusive/elitist and some of which are welcoming of almost anyone that is at least halfway decently geared,as well as those who are just jumping into things for the first time, learning as they go and welcoming of everyone.
    So one more thing. Even you admitted that some of those Asura LSs are very exclusive/elitist, while others are struggling and learning how to clear contents.

So again, how are you going to convince people that already have highly developed LS/groups on NotAsura that isn't struggling on clearing contents transfer to Asura, only to find themselves either gets rejected, or have to settle with less progressed LSs that's struggling and learning content?

I'm just 100% quoting your own words here, which you clearly made an argument that can be considered as negative for some people.
    (2)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-11-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Okay, so basically there are 2 people in this thread who obviously isn't involved in endgame, doesn't understand how endgame community works differently from PUG community
    (1)

Player
    Okay, so basically there are 2 people in this thread who obviously isn't involved in endgame, doesn't understand how endgame community works differently from PUG community, on the same time those people are trying to convince people that does endgame and state their pov as universal facts?
    Not again. I already explained you that your definition of endgame is wrong. Even if you think "endgame" only apply to 3 events you are interested in, it's not the proper definition of endgame and you don't know what endgame events I even did.

You simply chose to apply a super-restrictive definition of endgame and then wonder why people don't understand what you are talking about. Of course I ask you why you need #2 Reisenjima so much because you don't need it for the majority of endgame.

In short you are trying to be coy (as well as having bad maths).
    (0)

Player
    So one more thing. Even you admitted that some of those Asura LSs are very exclusive/elitist, while others are struggling and learning how to clear contents.

So again, how are you going to convince people that already have highly developed LS/groups on NotAsura that isn't struggling on clearing contents transfer to Asura, only to find themselves either gets rejected, or have to settle with less progressed LSs that's struggling and learning content?

I'm just 100% quoting your own words here, which you clearly made an argument that can be considered as negative for some people.
    -_-;;; I am sorry to say, but you fail at reading comprehension. Please, try to read what you quoted from Diavolo again, but without your added emphasis (which also negates your claim to "100% quoting" btw.)

I personally find it offensive that you classify us all as either elitist jerks or struggling noobs. And I'm honestly getting kinda tired of the venom being spewed from your direction for no discernable reason in this thread.

To oversimplify what you quoted: "There are some elitist jerks here, and there are some normal people here, and there are some really nice people here (who might not really know what they are doing.)"
    In other words, the same as just about any gathering of more than ~10 human beings. ^^;;
    "Some" does not equate to "all" or "most".
    Are you trying to assert that Ragnarok only has linkshells chock-full of friendly, altruistic, elite players? If not, then there is nothing that you can really say against what you quoted.

---------------------------

To the OP: In an attempt to get this thread back on track, several of the early posts had a lot of good info on where you can get upgrades with a minimum of help. If you haven't found a good ls to help you, and a server move is a viable option for you, come to Asura and I will help you. ^^ (This is only because Asura is the server I am on and unrelated to any of the argumentative drama which followed the early helpful posts.)
    (2)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 01-11-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    Not again. I already explained you that your definition of endgame is wrong. Even if you think "endgame" only apply to 3 events you are interested in, it's not the proper definition of endgame and you don't know what endgame events I even did.

You simply chose to apply a super-restrictive definition of endgame and then wonder why people don't understand what you are talking about. Of course I ask you why you need #2 Reisenjima so much because you don't need it for the majority of endgame.

In short you are trying to be coy (as well as having bad maths).
    I used #2 and T4 as an example to demonstrate a fact that both you didn't consider people that has different need when you made the argument. My intention isn't to claim that every single player on the planet only ever do T4.

It's been point out over, and over, and over again. You guys made a "general" statement "Asura is the same as NotAsura except more population" "Asura is better than NotAsura because it has population". Which is like saying Japan is the same as China, or China is better than Japan because it has bigger population. And we all know it's far from truth.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    -_-;;; I am sorry to say, but you fail at reading comprehension. Please, try to read what you quoted from Diavolo again, but without your added emphasis (which also negates your claim to "100% quoting" btw.)

I personally find it offensive that you classify us all as either elitist jerks or struggling noobs. And I'm honestly getting kinda tired of the venom being spewed from your direction for no discernable reason in this thread.

To oversimplify what you quoted: "There are some elitist jerks here, and there are some normal people here, and there are some really nice people here (who might not really know what they are doing.)"
    In other words, the same as just about any gathering of more than ~10 human beings. ^^;;
    "Some" does not equate to "all" or "most".
    Are you trying to assert that Ragnarok only has linkshells chock-full of friendly, altruistic, elite players? If not, then there is nothing that you can really say against what you quoted.

First things first, you completely misunderstood my quote wrong. And you also added things I didn't say in my previous post and yet you claim I did that to Diavolo's post >.>

None of the post that I've made say "X, Y, Z players are elitist jerks".

None of the post that I've made say "Anyone on Asura that isn't elitist jerks are noobs"

If anything it's you that's putting words in my mouth lol.

This is my understanding of what Diavolo said: "There are many endgame LS on Asura, some can clear T4/PW2 level of content, but those LS are very hard to get in with high requirements. The other LS is much easier to get in with lower requirements, but they have harder time to clear content at that level"

And my response completely reflects that. He claim that anyone can just transfer to Asura and have a good time, while mentioning top tier LS has higher requirements and hard to get in. So I questioned him why would people already have an endgame LS to kill things easily give up their LS so they can transfer to Asura, then take risks of getting application rejected and have to settle with LS that can't kill these as comfortably? It's equivalent to giving up a high paid job in your small home town in an attempt to move to bigger city so you can apply to Google, lol. Apples and Oranges, nothing wrong if someone choose not to take that risk/move.

None of my post never, ever claim all asura individual players are either elitist jerks or noob. It's 100% directed toward social environment and job market.

And yes, I'm aware there are elitist jerks, noobs, nice people that accomplish things on every sever lol. But when it comes to applying for endgame LSs, it's more than just that.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-12-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    @ Diavolo, Jin_Uzuki

Sorry for the 3rd post in a roll and a wall of text. I don't want to come out as some sort of "only I know about endgame, you don't know" jerk attitude. So I'll explain my points as clear as possible and I hope you guys understand my points.

-You guys claimed Asura provides faster character progression, this is 100% correct, in general.
    -You guys claimed on NotAsura servers, if your friend is offline or afk, you can't do a thing, this is also 100% correct for people that doesn't play 6+ alts.
    -You guys claimed Asura is better than NotAsura servers, this is 100% opinion. And there's a difference between opinion and facts. That's how this pages of drama started, you guys stated opinions as facts.
    -You guys claimed Asura is the same as NotAsura servers in terms of social environment, the only difference is population. This is 100% incorrect, and it's equivalent to saying Japan is the same as China except population, or US is the same as Canada except population. And this is the statement that I mainly disagree with.

One of the difference between a 1000 people server and constant immigrant/returning player adding to the population, and a 400 people population that's mostly stagnant, is that on 400 people server, everyone knows people on a higher degree. If you just met a player that came from Siren 2 days ago on Asura, you simply aren't going to know that person as well as someone that you've been playing with for 8 years. So while Asura is a bigger server with more people, it doesn't quite function the same as 400 people server because 70% of population on that bigger server are either new, returning player, or immigrants.

When making parties for really, really hard stuff, or trying a new strategy in endgame, trust is very crucial for success. Sometimes it's as important as correct strategy, good gears, sometimes it's even more important than all of these things. You don't want people doubt leader's strategy, disband after one fail, start drama in /p chat when one member made a mistake, all these things could kill a party even if player skill/gears are good enough. In a party with low trust, these could happen very often.

And sometimes, this kind of trust just takes time to build. In some cases really, really long time.

No, I'm not saying Asura LS can't kill hard stuff(of course they can), I'm not saying Asura PUG is bad nor anything like that. And I certainly know many, many people that didn't do so well on NotAsura ended up doing a whole lot better on Asura because they have jobs endgame LS needs, so they applied to endgame LS and got in.

But for people like me, who doesn't really play jobs that endgame LS often recruits thus unable to get into endgame LSs, and enjoys theorycraft a setup and make my own party to try it, I often really, really, really need high lv of trust, intimacy, and knowledge to player behavior to pull some things off. And it can't done with PUG, or will be hard to do with PUG. In the end that certain accomplishments that I'm aiming for in this game, I simply just can't accomplish on NotRagnarok servers(this isn't just Asura, but also every other server that's not Ragnarok). And it's not because NotRagnarok players suck, but because I don't know NotRagnarok people as well as some of the Ragnarok people, and vice versa.

Is it possible for me to just work harder on Asura or other NotRagnarok servers and accomplish what I want? Maybe. I can lv and gear up an "endgame LS's favorite" jobs such as top tier RUN BLM SCH Idris GEO WHM etc, get into an endgame LS and still do these things with LS.

Or I can just play on those servers for really, really, really long time and build the trust/connections required.

But overall it's still more work, and that's the disadvantage for me. This may not be a disadvantage for many people, since 90% of player just lv up RUN BLM SCH Idris WHM and apply for endgame LS for these things. But for me, as an individual, it is one disadvantage that i can think of.

Of course you can just claim that "how about every friend on your server just move with you". Even if you guys claim 400 people is very small, it's still A LOT of people to move around. In past 2 years I've never seen more than 20 people transfer on the same time. It's always one person transferred, then his best friend transfer too, then 2 more friends in that connection transfer after 5 months. So the argument of "Asura is the best if everyone in your connection just transfer" is only valid on paper. Sorry that'd never happen realistically, at least not in short time.

Back when we started this argument, Diavolo claimed that smaller server has zero advantage. That zero statement is what I disagree with, if he made the claims like "Smaller server has less advantage, but it still has it's own advantage" I'm sure there won't be an argument at all. This has nothing to do with Asura players, nor I want to come out as some sort if Asura hater bashing the server, thinking Asura is all elitist jerk, trolls(although it does have more troll yells....), noobs, that weren't my intention at all.

If anything it's me who find you guys bashing NotAsura servers offensive, lol. In past 1 year I've accomplish some crazy things on Ragnarok that I could never, ever, ever accomplish on NotRagnarok servers because of some Ragnarok people that I know and gave me the opportunity to accomplish these things. And this came from someone who server transferred 8 times, and have played more than one characters on multiple servers with various population size in past 3 years. Claiming smaller server has zero advantage is IMO, flat out wrong if you consider personal circumstances instead of more of a general perspective.

No, I'm not saying Ragnarok > all server for everyone. And I still agree that Asura is generally a better server choice than NotAsura if your goal is to make progression. I simply just disagree with the statement of "Any server that's NotAsura has zero advantage" because a statement like this didn't consider personal circumstances, personal taste, personal preferences.
    (2)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-12-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast