Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    I can confirm what Shiyo is saying I migrated to Asura recently and it's full blow war here, literally people fighting on the street never helping each other.

(This is sarcasm)
    (5)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Here's an example of an actual shout on Asura right now:
    T2 Hydra REMA Blu x2 PLD WHM «Can I have it?» 1st «Staff» (R)

It means the first staff drop is reserved(lol).

I've literally, not in my entire life of playing FFXI since 2003, seen a shout like this on any server I've played on. This is how people shout for things in WOW.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post

I've literally, not in my entire life of playing FFXI since 2003, seen a shout like this on any server I've played on. This is how people shout for things in WOW.
    Firstly, you're lying.

Secondly, people reserved items all the time because they're creating the shout group. It was most prevalent in Dynamis and Nyzul shout groups. So if you played since 2003 and "have never seen that before" you must have been playing on the Atomos test server somehow.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

You need to tone down the hyperbole because while I agree with some of what you're saying, the extent to which you go to make your points is downright exaggeration. That type of shout isn't exactly a new thing, they have been around in FFXI for years, even on the least populated servers like Cerberus of which I was on from 2004 to 2016, but the way the game has changed has made them far more prevalent (re: making the game "more accessible"). They happen more on Asura than other servers just by virtue of there being a far more active, English speaking player base there. Personally I find reserving an item while shouting for help to be counterproductive, but who am I to tell someone how to play the game? It's like the people who shout for a "power level" for X amount of millions of gil. I do what I can to convince a few of them to better take advantage of their trusts and EXP rings, but for everyone I help there are probably 20 or more that figure paying someone 1-5M to do it for them is the way to go. Their loss. As a friend so succinctly put it for me a couple of decades ago, the masses are dumbasses. I know people who are in "end game" linkshells, acting as mercenaries and making hundreds of millions of gil off the laziness of others, but even they are incapable of doing something as simple as going from 1 to 99 without needing help from friends or multiple accounts. Even the elite have their weaknesses, so take advantage of what you can because they'll surely take advantage of you given the opportunity.
    (1)

Player

You never had a YOYD shouts on any server? Yeah, I'm calling bananas. And I know what I'm talking about because I came to Asura only recently.

It's pretty normal to "reserve" some stuff with your OWN pop when talking about stuff ilike T2-T3 given that the pops themselves are either expensive (We are talking about 700k-1m to pop some escha T3) or you need to farm them. (Rei T2)
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Happened on Phoenix, and on Titan before it. So definitely has happened throughout the game.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Firstly, you're lying.

Secondly, people reserved items all the time because they're creating the shout group. It was most prevalent in Dynamis and Nyzul shout groups. So if you played since 2003 and "have never seen that before" you must have been playing on the Atomos test server somehow.
    Actually, that was indeed a real shout on Asura. The player shouting happens to be in my ls and was getting clowned by the rest of us for excessively high expectations in fact. XD
    (Rarely get to not stand against Shiyo, so it's kinda nice to be able to for once. lol)

---------------------------

The formatting of that shout is something that has been around since 75cap days on all servers though. ^^;; YOYD/YPYD have always been "a thing". Absolutely nothing new to FFXI to attempt to make it as concise as possible (and mix in some autotrans) in order to attempt to cross the language divide w/ Japanese players. Reservations on gear make sense when there is a pricey and/or difficult/annoying to obtain pop item. I'd say the EX Reisenjima T2 pops would qualify as annoying and difficult to obtain, so where's the problem?
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    YOYD is not "help me then give me the drop I want" it's "everyone gets loot from their pop" and CANNOT be compared to that shout.
    (0)

Player
    YOYD is not "help me then give me the drop I want" it's "everyone gets loot from their pop" and CANNOT be compared to that shout.
    But it is? Do you understand what pops Bashmu? You need a Gramk-Droog's Grand Coffer, it's an EX item and it requires farming Incursion. I never heard of anyone not changing their loot rules if someone else wanted to pop an NM a that NM requires hard to get pop or expensive pops. I certainly wouldn't pop an Escha T3 or a Reisenjima T2 with my pops with other people loot rules unless it's an established FL party.

People who join these shouts do it either because the have their own pop, don't have it but take their luck for a second drop, need something that it's FL or just want clear.

Why are you being so hateful? Who from Asura hurt you? Was it a group of GEO?
    (0)
    Last edited by Jin_Uzuki; 01-03-2017 at 04:36 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Well we're all kinda making assumptions here. We don't know if the shouter is allowing people to bring their own pops for example. It sure sounds to me like the shouter is providing pops or is making the group farm pops and is then claiming the first Grio as a reward for organizing the group.

Uh but anyway can we at least agree that Asura sounds great for some kinds of people but may not be ideal for everybody, even a returning player?
    (2)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast