Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    Come on now, get out of the dirt. I realize there are lots of people who resort to being lazy and throwing gil around to get what they want, even level 99, but I ain't one of those people. The game's too easy to justify it. Do I need to remind you of this:
    Then it goes back to my original point, even if you can do it, it's more work still.

Go out and establish new connections for endgame is more work. Paying people is more work because gil takes time to get. So if one person already have connections to do endgame without having to pay/make new friends, he'd need to work harder on Asura.

The fact is, Asura isn't as magical as you claimed, immigrants still have to work hard for it, make new friends, establish new connections with LS, compromise and gear/lv up certain high demand jobs to get a chance for magic to come true, and that takes time. If one individual(not me, I'm not a super established player) already has the connection/ls for hard stuff without having to put more hours on gear/job/connections on NotAsura server then he simply aren't going to do better on Asura without more work.

Most if not all the people that transferred to Asura and ended up did better are people that don't have group/ls/friends to get things done on their original servers, they had no choice but leave. Of course situations will improve because they're already in a very bad position before transfer. And that's probably the "magic" that you're talking about.

But if a player that's already established, then transferring just isn't a good choice for them. More like wasting $18

Either way, people with common sense woulda know that your claim about Asura magic story aren't all real, more like 80% real, but not 100% real. If there's a sales position in FFXI, you'd probably be top sales.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-12-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Asura magic story aren't all real, more like 80% real, but not 100% real.
    This is quite the rabbit hole.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Look, this isn't getting anybody anywhere. Nobody can prove anything. But here are two statements:

1. Asura is the best server for everybody.
    2. Asura is probably the best server for everybody but there may be people who prefer other servers for various reasons.

It only takes 1 dissatisfied player to to disprove Statement 1. It only takes 1 satisfied player to prove Statement 2.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Look, this isn't getting anybody anywhere. Nobody can prove anything. But here are two statements:

2. Asura is probably the best server for everybody but there may be people who prefer other servers for various reasons.

It only takes 1 dissatisfied player to to disprove Statement 1. It only takes 1 satisfied player to prove Statement 2.
    Well said. I actually know two person who transferred to Asura, then left Asura after a month or two. I'm sure there are a lot more people like that. So case 1 already disproved.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I actually know 4 person who was once on Asura then left, lol.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-12-2017 at 12:07 PM.

How many people have left Asura seeking a fresh start on a quieter server and are still around to tell the story? Conversely, how many people have left a quieter server to seek a fresh start on a larger server? Market trends and societal changes being what they are, it's no surprise FFXI has evolved into what it is today, but the numbers/testimonials on sites like FFXIAH and Reddit don't lie. Again, going back to an earlier post (the one with the Kanye meme), "You're comfortable where you are and see no reason to uproot yourself, which is fair enough, but when it comes to MMORPGs bigger is better."

All things being equal, if you go back to 2003 and see two ads for FFXI, one saying "Meet dozens of players from across the world" and another with an ad campaign saying "meet thousands of players from across the world" which one do you think would be more successful at drawing interest?
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    How many people have left Asura seeking a fresh start on a quieter server and are still around to tell the story? Conversely, how many people have left a quieter server to seek a fresh start on a larger server? Market trends and societal changes being what they are, it's no surprise FFXI has evolved into what it is today, but the numbers/testimonials on sites like FFXIAH and Reddit don't lie. Again, going back to an earlier post (the one with the Kanye meme), "You're comfortable where you are and see no reason to uproot yourself, which is fair enough, but when it comes to MMORPGs bigger is better."

All things being equal, if you go back to 2003 and see two ads for FFXI, one saying "Meet dozens of players from across the world" and another with an ad campaign saying "meet thousands of players from across the world" which one do you think would be more successful at drawing interest?
    Nobody is disagreeing with your statement of "but when it comes to MMORPGs bigger is better." though. And nobody is disagreeing about the fact that more people prefers Asura than NotAsura servers. I even agree with many, many points that you've made in this discussions. Do you even read other people's opinions? Or you just keep writing your own opinions without bother to read others opinions?

We're disagreeing with you about how you present your opinions. You stated opinion as facts, and even make assumption about certain circumstances(anyone can magically accomplish everything on Asura without friends regardless of content difficulty, people misunderstood your beloved Asura and don't know better etc) just to win this internet argument.

If you don't state your opinion as facts, nobody would say a thing. But you go on, and on, and onnnnnnn with countless utterly ridiculous, unrealistic claims that's way too far from the truth just to support your opinion. And that's the issue.

Now carry on, keep trying to win this internet argument that nobody is real winner. It doesn't change the fact that many things you said in your Asura sales pitch are either flat out wrong, or just your personal opinions, or only partially correct.

You know, I 100% support your opinion that FFXI needs a server merge, and some server needs bigger population. But I am not going to make ridiculous or incorrect statement just to support my opinion. And at least I'm well aware that there's a difference between opinions and facts.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-12-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1

It only takes 1 aeonic-less/light saber-less but geared Asura player to disprove Diavolo's statement about anyone and everyone can accomplish everything on Asura without friends too.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-12-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Uh that's fine. Those testimonials are great. Asura being the Reddit server is great. I don't disagree with that and nothing I've posted would go against that. But you're still trying to speak for every player and every situation when that's just not possible.
    (1)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    There's no competition on ANY server anymore, that went out with HNMs, sadly.
    Weird that I had to fight for claim on Jaculus the other day, of all things.

Edit: If any of my friends who left the game come back and look for me, I'll still be on Leviathan. I play very seldom, usually just enough to solo/duo NQ ambuscade gear, and maybe some other random stuff once in a while. There would be no positives for me to switch to Asura to make up for the negative of missing an old returning friend.
    (0)
    Last edited by Folken; 01-12-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Added some crap.

Uh that's fine. Those testimonials are great. Asura being the Reddit server is great. I don't disagree with that and nothing I've posted would go against that. But you're still trying to speak for every player and every situation when that's just not possible.
    Except I'm not. Don't mistake the expression of my opinion as some sort of attempt to speak on behalf of everyone.

This isn't a comparison of Japan, Canada and the United States or whatever real world analogy gets brought up. The servers all house very different collections of players with wildly varying backgrounds and play styles, but the fact remains, they function using the exact same rules and they once housed near or around 10,000 simultaneous players. Those were populations far more diverse than what currently exists on any server today and we coexisted just fine. I understand convincing entire linkshells/social circles to move server isn't practical, unfortunately, and there are technical hurdles, but I refuse to accept the idea that your quality of life would diminish if you were able to carry everyone you knew over to the largest server.

You obviously have strong ties to your server. I tried to downplay the natural fear associated with moving by including your social circles in the theoretical situation and still you resist the idea, so there's something else at play there.
    (0)

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast