Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    It's not that I feel pressured to time contraints by ambuscade is that the event has never been much fun and after frog it kind of ruined it for me.

This month, summoners and rangers work. There's no reasonable reason, that I know of, that other jobs don't work, they just don't. Summoners, you're limited by BP cooldown and rangers, to be honest, I don't even know any good ones.

I've tried a few melee oriented strategies, but Amnesia and that BLU boss' aoes hurt, not to mention the WHM needs to watch me for Bio.

I think it's cruel to limit the weakness to vastly underreprsented jobs.

As for Omen, the twenty hour cooldown is baloney.

If I were to design an event like Omen, you'd select your group style when you entered (melee, mage) and you'd get one of a random array of bosses based on that choice. Each type would present a reasonable challenge to the chosen style and unforgiving to the opposite group ("mage" oriented bosses would have brutal small range aoe attacks, physical oriented bosses would reflect spells cast on them, or both could take reduced damage from the oppositing strategy).

The lockout needs reduced, and please don't say we'd burn out too quickly. These are all recycled mobs anyway. I don't care what the caturae's name is, it's still a caturae more or less.

The "fun" of Ambuscade leaves the room after the second or third takedown each month.
    (1)

Player
    Gallantry isn't meant to be a mere time-extension on how long items are available for soloers. The point of Gallantry is to reward those who do the content the way the devs want us to do it.. in full 6man parties. The further we get from their intension, the less we're rewarded.

/shocked @ multiplayer incentives in a MMO >_>

I understand why they made it this way, but I agree that it would be nice if the currency values were a tad higher on lower difficulties and for smaller group sizes given how painful it is for lowend geared players to grind sets out.
    (3)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckamus View Post
    Gallantry isn't bad to get, you need to have a full party though. Believe with 6 people you get 50% of what you get for Hallmarks. So, 300/150, but not sure how it calculates below 6 people. Maybe something like 50% > 40% > 30% > 20% > 10%, but I can't say for sure.
    That's the problem, you need a full party.
    You shouldn't be punished for wanting to lowman stuff, that's vw/legion tier of awful design. The most fun I've had in this game since 2003 has ALWAYS been lowmanning and pushing the limits of what I can tackle with the fewest amount of people possible.

I imagine ambu would be really boring if you tried to do anything past VE this month because the soulflayer mob has AOE full dispel which is a mechanic that literally ruins 90% of the jobs in this game and makes them incapable of fullfilling their roles. Full dispel needs to go away, forever.

The Corse isn't bad and is fun to fight(when you arent being spam aoe stunned). I have no idea how to remove the 60 second stun mechanic, does anyone know?

edit: 6 man parties shouldn't be the "only way to play". You shouldn't be able to solo ambu(it's rude imo) but duo/trio should be fine and shouldn't get completely screwed over. The way gallantry(and ambu) works does not encourage multiplayer/teaming up, it encourages MULTIBOXING.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-31-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    The Corse isn't bad and is fun to fight(when you arent being spam aoe stunned). I have no idea how to remove the 60 second stun mechanic, does anyone know?
    Yes you do. Double Geo.

Vex/Attune negates AoE stun and negates or limits 60 sec terror.

Fury/Frail speeds up the fight.
    (0)

The 60 second stun is a terror actually (not being sarcastic). I was getting regular 5-10 second durations on my RUN without barblizz (I just wanted to try regular, sinceI hadn't yet).

Barblizzard helps. A GEO or Bard + a WHM (barblizzara) could probably take care of it.

Jobs that can wear it might use founder's greaves for the +50 terror resistance which is huge.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    That's the problem, you need a full party.
    You shouldn't be punished for wanting to lowman stuff
    You're not "punished"...but that's the problem with playing on a low population server I suppose.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Actually, you -are-.

You get less points for soloing. Now you could say you get "rewarded" for not soloing. But if that's true, then "punishment" for not taking 6 is also true.
    (1)
    Last edited by Domille; 01-01-2017 at 01:27 AM.

I like the system.

First, this is an MMO.

Second there are limited instances.

Occasionally, even on Valefor with its population of 17, you run into times with 2-3 soloers and they don't care how interferes with everyone else's queue times.

It's sad that there needs to be a reward for grouping in an MMO but I like that full groups are encouraged.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    That's entirely squares fault, not the players.

If people won't shout or invite you, then you have to get it done anyway you can. It's insane that you get punished for it.

It's the lowest acceptable 119 content. There should be no tiering within it.

and it certainly shouldn't take 50+ runs.

Adding money rewards is what would break it if you got more points per win, so raise the cost of the money drops and lower the cost of the armor. Simple.
    (1)

Fair, there's some elitism, but there's also people that don't even ask. It takes a pretty ridiculously undergeared/bad-performing player to be worse than a trust with exception to Selh'teus, Qultada, and uh, the geo trust. (In the right content, Seth's aoe tp move is OP stuff.

The bards exist, but their just as likely to give you Ballad as something you want. Qultada isn't perfect but is better.

It goes both ways, some people can't get invites, some people don't want invites.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast