Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Player
    As Maleise, etc? I guess. But they are mostly different from RDM enfeebles except maybe Distract.

GEO is really just a BRD updated for current gameplay. BRD never ever shared the same spot as RDM.
    (0)

RDM enfeebles work differently because they don't/won't land on anything serious and generally aren't that important anymore. As I've said before: You used to hope Paralyze caught meteor, now you vex/attune against it.

I agree completely that Geomancer is just how you spell Bard in 2015-2017. If GEO didn't exist, Bard would still be a goto job. Bard's buffs aren't weak, they're weak by comparison (and yes, that's obviously a problem)

As for Bard never taking RDM's spot? It certainly did in a lot of content. The only thing it lacked was better enfeebles but enfeebles were only a bonus. Ninjas didn't relex merely because Blind II was on the boss.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    RDM enfeebles work differently because they don't/won't land on anything serious and generally aren't that important anymore. As I've said before: You used to hope Paralyze caught meteor, now you vex/attune against it.

I agree completely that Geomancer is just how you spell Bard in 2015-2017. If GEO didn't exist, Bard would still be a goto job. Bard's buffs aren't weak, they're weak by comparison (and yes, that's obviously a problem)

As for Bard never taking RDM's spot? It certainly did in a lot of content. The only thing it lacked was better enfeebles but enfeebles were only a bonus. Ninjas didn't relex merely because Blind II was on the boss.
    I mean, I guess, but it's basically the same way as GEO today when you get 2 GEO. You get 2 BRDs because support jobs are incredibly useful, but it didn't replace RDM in a sense that it took over that role, at least it didn't recall. It's like, for Merit you used to get a BRD, DDs, and a RDM (Who stole WHM role in many parties). You couldn't get a 2 BRDs and replace the RDM with that. Unless you are talking about specific fights like TP Burn Kirin?
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    As Maleise, etc? I guess. But they are mostly different from RDM enfeebles except maybe Distract.

GEO is really just a BRD updated for current gameplay. BRD never ever shared the same spot as RDM.
    Yes, they are different because they are USEFUL enfeebles that are also unresisted unless they add a mob with specific immunity like the Porrogo in Ambuscade a few months ago, as opposed to FFXI's supposed enfeebler who's spells are resisted or in other cases the mob is completely immune to them, like most dark elemental spells on 90% of mobs now, or absolute rubbish and not worth the time.

Most of the GEO spells should have in reality been split between RDM and BRD, but I guess they wanted new jobs so why waste time on old jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    Yeah? Our buffs and debuffs are still stuck in the 75 era, you think you've got it bad? At least your buffs and debuffs are worth a damn if they land. Our phalanx is still capped at 13 damage reduction.
    Pretty much the only debuffs you'd want a rdm for are locked behind jps. A lot of our higher tier stuff is still locked behind merits and again outside of the jp ones they are pretty much designed with old 75 play styles and often potencies in mind while mobs since then have often been designed in such a way that they really don't care. ie nice slow/paralyze there bro it's totally going to slow down my melee dmg when I'm doing some AoE move ever 5 seconds oh btw I also like to use self full erase
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    I mean, I guess, but it's basically the same way as GEO today when you get 2 GEO. You get 2 BRDs because support jobs are incredibly useful, but it didn't replace RDM in a sense that it took over that role, at least it didn't recall. It's like, for Merit you used to get a BRD, DDs, and a RDM (Who stole WHM role in many parties). You couldn't get a 2 BRDs and replace the RDM with that. Unless you are talking about specific fights like TP Burn Kirin?
    You couldn't? You absolutely could. The biggest trouble usually was finding two bards.

One bard offered more haste an an RDM and the other bard had attack/acc buffs.

Sure bard lacked convert, but it also wasn't spending a lot of MP hasting people and ballads cost no MP.
    (0)

Honestly, I say make adjustments to other support jobs to make them as competitive as GEO. I feel that nerfing GEO would not solve the problem for the jobs that need a tune up. I am not a career GEO (I haven't unlocked the job tbh), but I would like to see BRD and RDM back in high demand like GEO. I don't see CORs struggle as much to get a party in any event and as for DNC, I would like to see their abilities to be more useful in end-game content (not to mention new abilities period).

To be more succinct, let's really focus on other support jobs and bring them up to date so they can be as needed as GEO.
    (3)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yo, that GEO nerf is coming. LOL

I'll be damned, this is pretty hilarious, I CANT WAIT FOR THE POST TO HIT THE ENGLISH SIDE. PITCHFORKS AT THE READY!
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    Yo, that GEO nerf is coming. LOL

I'll be damned, this is pretty hilarious, I CANT WAIT FOR THE POST TO HIT THE ENGLISH SIDE. PITCHFORKS AT THE READY!
    It's not technically a "nerf", it's a "bug fix". XD They found a longstanding issue in the formulas (which has probably been there since the early buffs to GEO after SoA was released.) Seems very SE-ish to do a single pass to fix something but never go back thru to verify that things are working correctly until JP players loudly complain. >_>;;; Don't ignore that they are planning to buff RDM/BRD debuffs at the same time, as well as apparently nerf all SoA+ monsters so we end up w/ something between status quo <> improvement.

So long as they manage to pull off what they seem to be saying and keep overall results the same, there should be no pitchforks required.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    They're nerfing monsters? Nerfing, as in, making them easier to kill, or nerfing as in nerfing our ability to kill them? lol
    (0)

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast