Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Player
    because I can promise no one will take an ilvl117 geo vs a decked out geomancer, when if the whole "OMG GEO IS OVERPOWERED" is true, it shouldn't matter if they're ilvl109, 117 or 119 fully mastered or not, no?
    The only think people care when it comes to geomancy is if you have 900 skill and if are you using the right bubble or not. If you have an Idris that's a bonus. Literally most people don't even seem to know how GEO actually works or what people are actually equipping.

And I'm a career GEO so I know what I'm talking about.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Blu is powerful but it also is essentially a glass cannon.
    ????
    Mighty guard + cocoon + barrier tusk.
    Blu is the tankiest DD in the game and gives up 0 to be this tanky. It's barely less tanky than an actual tank..what?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    ????
    Mighty guard + cocoon + barrier tusk.
    Blu is the tankiest DD in the game and gives up 0 to be this tanky. It's barely less tanky than an actual tank..what?
    That point starts to evaporate into thin air when you make those kind of statements. BLU can stack a great deal of defense while acting as a damage dealer, but its DD numbers fall off a cliff if you're expecting it to tank something you would usually throw a PLD or RUN at.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    BLU isn't supposed to be "the" tank above 135~

It's a DD the has "the best" survivability. Maybe "easiest" is the key word.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vae; 12-25-2016 at 06:09 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    That point starts to evaporate into thin air when you make those kind of statements. BLU can stack a great deal of defense while acting as a damage dealer, but its DD numbers fall off a cliff if you're expecting it to tank something you would usually throw a PLD or RUN at.
    I have no idea why you just agreed with me but tried to say I'm wrong at the same time...?

BLU DD's take a lot less damage than any other DD in the game while in full DD mode. Like, 50% less damage when you compare it something like a dark knight.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I have no idea why you just agreed with me but tried to say I'm wrong at the same time...?
    "Blu is the tankiest DD in the game and gives up 0 to be this tanky."

That's why. You can throw Saline Coat, Barrier Tusk, Cocoon and whatever else into your spell list, but if you're spending your time curing yourself or reapplying defensive buffs your damage is obviously going to take a hit. As a BLU it's hard not to feel like I'm always giving up something... but this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, unless the argument being made is that even if GEO was nerfed/removed completely we'd still be complaining about something else.

(0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Nope.
    You're the tankiest DD in the game keeping up only cocoon/mg. You could also keep up barrier tusk which makes you even more obscenely tanky, and you don't have to give up anything to set these.
    (0)

Character
    Eckamus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This thread is getting off track and devolving into another BLU thread i see. I just want to clarify Mighty Guard etc...

Mighty Guard - Base duration 3 Minutes (only accessible with use of a 10 Minute Job Ability), so it is down for 7 minutes before it can be used again.

Cocoon - Costs 1 point (1/60 points total and 1/20 set spells total)

Barrier Tusk - Costs 3 points (3/60 points total and 1/20 set spells total)

Blue Mage has access to about 200 spells, some are locked behind Job Ability use and do not need to be set. The vast majority are not, leaving them only to be able to set 20 of those spells or use 60 points (with Job Points), whichever comes first. Blue Mage has a lot of versatility, but it does have a trade off offense vs defense when setting spells. Whether people want to accept this or not is up to them.

I'm trying to be neutral and unbiased on this. Also, I rarely play Blue Mage, I mainly am on White Mage, Bard, Paladin or Geomancer.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckamus View Post
    This thread is getting off track and devolving into another BLU thread i see. I just want to clarify Mighty Guard etc...

Mighty Guard - Base duration 3 Minutes (only accessible with use of a 10 Minute Job Ability), so it is down for 7 minutes before it can be used again.
    Incorrect. UL is 5 minutes. and Diffusion is the 10 minute. Under diffusion you get 5 minute MG. So MG up time is 8/10 minutes
    (1)

Character
    Eckamus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Ah, thanks for correcting me. I must have got the times mixed up. Still is down time, just not as long as I thought it was.
    (0)

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast